Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    I feel pretty much the same.
    I'm hoping for Smith, Edmunds or jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    So my predictions would look like this.
    1. WR Calvin Ridley I think he will be a great counter part to Adams, he would add speed and youth with the ability to lineup in alot of different positions.

2. Tyrell Cosby We really need to build some O-Line depth I think Cosby is a perfect fit for the Packers scheme and he could probably play RG or RT right away.

3. RB/TE/Playmaker Jaylen Sameuls Samuels is probably my favorite prospect in the draft I'm not exactly sure how he fits into the offense but he would kind of be like what we invisioned Montgomery to be last year with some ability to play FB and TE.

4. TE Troy Fumigalli We really need some tight end depth and Fumigalli is a good blocker and the solid hands to stabilize the TE position.

5. S Godwin Igwebulke I think Burnett will be gone with Jones in the waiting so we add Igwe for depth.

6. DLine/Edge David Moa Wasn't good last year but showed big upside as a soph.. I know some people are saying why wait this long on OLB or CB. I think that with the new front office and d-coordinator we are going to hit the defense hard in free agency and then look to the draft for the offensive upgrades.

7. CB Darius Phillips I saw him once or twice and think he might have a decent chance to beat out a couple guys as a 5/6 corner and special teams guy.
    i would have to disagree with a lot of this.

I can see maybe a little reason to take a WR in the 1st but, like Crew said 1st round WRs haven't really been panning out. I have also heard said about Ridley that he is a high floor low ceiling kind of guy so what you are drafting is a guy who is NFL ready but, may not be a superstar.

again with the OL I understand the reasoning behind it but, I don't think it needs to be addressed this early. We have 2 major holes on our team EDGE rusher and Secondary. I kind of like GB's Oline depth we were just very unlucky with injuries. Patrick and McCray were solid pieces Murphy looked decent at RT in his limited amount of playing time before injury. I think Spriggs could still turn into something. He has the ability he is just struggling with the footwork.

in the 3rd round I agree with playmaker but, I don't understand the RB part. we just drafted 3 RBs in the last draft and it looks like we possibly hit on 2. Jones looked great before his little bit of an injury and Williams started out slow but, really caught fire towards the end. I think round 3 is where we could take a WR.

From what I have seen Fumigalli is kind of losing favor after the Senior Bowl. He struggled to get open and had some drops but, I do agree with the need at TE. My favorite guy is Ian Thomas from Indiana. He is a sleeper.

I agree with taking a safety again like I said earlier secondary is a big hole.

this is what I disagree with on your 6th, you waited this long to address EDGE. I don't know if we need another Dlineman persay, Lowry has been decent Clark and Daniels are balling out, and we really don't know what Adams can do yet. I agree we should take an EDGE here but, it should be in a double down situation, we should be taking another one higher up.

and with this one its the same as above I agree with taking a corner but it should be in a double down situation.

RIP Gene Wilder

No thanks on Fumagali. I dig the Wisconsin love for him but he really does not jive with the direction of TE I would like to see infused with this team.

It is going to be hard to justify anything other than pass rusher in the first round and what we do with our second round choice imo until we see any of the FA moves prior to the draft. Maybe Gutey goes heavy in FA and we just look at the best possible player available in round 1.

Might be hard to justify a pass rusher being worth the 14th pick though as well. All things even, I would love to draft a pass rusher. But all things arenít equal. Chubb wonít be around. After him, thereís some big question marks on the other guys. Landry is not great against the run and won a lot strictly on athelticism. He doesnít have a ton of moves or anything at this point. Key has off the field issues and he may not be quite the athlete people think he is. Davenport is raw and has never really faced nfl caliber competition.

And thatís really it for the pass rushers who might go anywhere near 14. You could argue that Edmunds has some ability to play more of an edge style role. I donít think heís ever going to be a pure edge rusher. But heís a guy who can do a lot of different things on the inside or outside, including rushing at times.

Maybe, but it might just have to be the risk worth taking on any one of them in round 1 because after that it really falls off. I dunno, 14 is just such a hard place. It is high enough where you might get someone to fall and low enough where you might be picking the second tier of talent.

Generally I agree, but I really don't like any of the 2nd tier receiver in this draft. Since there is no sure fire Edge rusher or O-Lineman I went WR over CB.

If he can run a decent speed, one wr I really like this year is pettis from Washington. He has pretty good feet and quickness. I know some question his top end speed, so itíll be interesting to see what he runs at the combine. He may never been an absolute stud, but I think he can be a really good receiver who is a dynamic punt returner as well. If we come away with him in this draft, Iíll be happy.

If he falls to the 3rd, Iíd be stoked to take him at that point. The wr position is kind of weird this year anyways. I think thereís going to be a lot of different opinions on guys, so itís goign to be really hard to peg down when everyone goes.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 02-22-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Kiper (I know I am quoting a complete idiot) had only Ridley in the first round of his newest mock. I don't see any way that possibly happens, but it leaves some thought for the thought of trading back and getting an extra round 2 pick.

i am leaning more and more toward trading back. It doesn't sound like Edmunds or Smith are gonna be there. Denzel Ward either. Could be wrong but i suspect the combine will help each of them even more.

And imo, I don't really want Davenport or Jackson at 14. Id rather trade back into the 20s, hopefully land Landry, then pick up another 2nd rounder. If Landry isn't there to where we trade back to, Mike Hughes the CB could be. I like the idea of picking 45 and then again in the 50s somewhere. Can get a quality WR prospect, and whatever else we need. Maybe even TE

In my mock from last week I didn't have the pack taking secondary or an edge rusher early because I think we will hit those positions in free agency therefore not needing to reach.

I am kind of starting to lean towards Edmunds from Virginia Tech, I didn't know he was only 19 and a couple of the clips I've seen have shown a diverse area of skills. I guess I really didn't watch VT this year, hopefully he doesn't skyrocket and we get a chance at him.

When are comp picks announced??

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Combine right? I think...

I heard whispers that its today but, no idea what time

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    We got a 4 two 5's & A 6TH.

Quote Originally Posted by flodapack View Post
    We got a 4 two 5's & A 6TH.
    Pretty disappointing. Lost a lot of good players and didn't even get a 3rd for it.

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast