Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    How are we going to handle losing the most accurate kicker in NFL history? 50 yarders were like chip shots for Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    How are we going to handle losing the most accurate kicker in NFL history? 50 yarders were like chip shots for Bailey.
    Whoever the guy is that they had in preseason wasnít too bad. Canít remember his name but he looked pretty solid.

First off, how long is Bailey going to be out? Heath did miss an extra point but did make the other 2. But I'm sure they will sign someone and IR Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    First off, how long is Bailey going to be out? Heath did miss an extra point but did make the other 2. But I'm sure they will sign someone and IR Bailey.
    Iím hearing that Bailey could be out for up to 4 weeks.

They won't IR Bailey if it's only a max of 4 weeks. It'll come down to how quickly his groin heals. Until then, I imagine they'll look into a more established guy than who we looked at in the preseason (can't remember his name either). I imagine they'll look at someone like Dan Carpenter, Mike Nugent or Jason Myers. They are all average kickers, but they could keep us fine at the position until Bailey returns. My vote would be to sign Dan Carpenter cause he has had a pretty solid career, even if last year wasn't great.

FYI, Sam Irwin-Hill was our kicker in camp with Bailey. While I'd like a more veteran guy, he would likely get a call given his familiarity with the holders and such

We can't expect a safety like Heath to perform at a level of a kicker in every game. He did an admirable job, since I didn't even know he had that skill...but there will be games where the margin is just a field goal or two and those field goals might be 40 yards or more. A few teams in the past got lucky when they signed a veteran kicker who was thought to be over the hill but ended up being quite accurate. Who's the most accurate kicker around still available?

I think we finally found a position Jeff Heath is decent at!

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    We can't expect a safety like Heath to perform at a level of a kicker in every game. He did an admirable job, since I didn't even know he had that skill...but there will be games where the margin is just a field goal or two and those field goals might be 40 yards or more. A few teams in the past got lucky when they signed a veteran kicker who was thought to be over the hill but ended up being quite accurate. Who's the most accurate kicker around still available?
    Yeah they'll definitely bring someone in while Bailey is out. There is no way they'd rely on Jeff Heath as a solution to the kicker issue. He's an emergency guy only. I think the most accurate left, career wise, is Dan Carpenter. But it sounds like they are bringing in Mike Nugent, Jason Myers, Younghoe Koo and Sam Irwin-Hill for a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    I think we finally found a position Jeff Heath is decent at!
    Lol, well he did miss an extra point still... So...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Lol, well he did miss an extra point still... So...
    exactly my point! How many tackles and how many bad angles does he take a game? The fact he only missed one?

Already an infinite better kicker than safety

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    exactly my point! How many tackles and how many bad angles does he take a game? The fact he only missed one?

Already an infinite better kicker than safety
    Fair points! lol. I think Xavier Woods has looked better really. I don't mind Heath as a backup and ST player, but he just isn't consistent enough to be the starter.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345