Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 152 of 166 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2479
  1. #2266
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    LOL whatever you say friend. Sorry I dont see the future being as bright as some of you. The only teams the bulls can beat are teams losing on purpose and the bulls are playing their core massive minutes. Sure you can say oh they are playing payne but thats one guy and he hasnt even been THAT bad. They arent even playing felicio that much so everyone playing is a future guy on this team. They arent good at all lol. I like lauri but other than that im not too excited. Lavine isnt worth the max or remotely close to it
    Do you hear yourself? we don't have a single player averaging over 30 minutes outside of Holiday. So no they aren't paying them massive minutes. Have you ever thought that our end of the bench guys are just better than you give them credit for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    9th pick* Bulls wont finish worse than the knicks lol They really messed this season up. Watch Knicks take Bridges at 8 and everyone complain because they won meaningless games in Feb n March vs trash teams being smart n losing on purpose
    It doesn't matter where you pick really. Yes everyone would love to have a top 3 pick. We get it. We don't neeed you and a handful of other posters repetitively saying it.

    FO just has to scout well and nail their picks.

    Donovan Mitchell 13
    Kyle Kuzma 27?
    Lauri Markkanen 7
    Devin Booker 13
    Clint Capela 25
    Giannis 15
    Draymond Green 35
    Klay Thompson 11
    Kawhi Leonard 15
    Jimmy Butler 30
    Steph Curry 7
    Deandre Jordan 35
    Demar Derozan 9
    Gordon Hayward 9
    Paul George 10
    Hassan Whiteside 33
    Isaiah Thomas 60
    Kemba Walker 9
    Dame Lillard 6
    Andre Drummond 9
    CJ McCollum 10
    Rudy Gobert 27
    Nikola Jokic 41

    These are some guys who were drafted outside of your " we need to be in the top 5 in order to get top talent". I didn't even mention noah, Gasol, Lowry, Roy, Millsap, etc....

  2. #2267
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,680
    Nikola Jokic at 41. Damn man

  3. #2268
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Donovan Mitchell 13
    Kyle Kuzma 27?
    Lauri Markkanen 7
    Devin Booker 13
    Clint Capela 25
    Giannis 15
    Draymond Green 35
    Klay Thompson 11
    Kawhi Leonard 15
    Jimmy Butler 30
    Steph Curry 7
    Deandre Jordan 35
    Demar Derozan 9
    Gordon Hayward 9
    Paul George 10
    Hassan Whiteside 33
    Isaiah Thomas 60
    Kemba Walker 9
    Dame Lillard 6
    Andre Drummond 9
    CJ McCollum 10
    Rudy Gobert 27
    Nikola Jokic 41
    Best player on that list is Curry, the rest are solid pieces but not franchise changing.

    Edit* I guess some would say Leonard also but again, striking late in the draft is not common at all. Your BEST best is top of the draft.

    I think there is discrepancy on the definition of "top talent", "elite", "generational" etc. Most of those names are good players but maybe 2 of them can carry a team. Most of the players that can carry a team are usually top 10 picks and usually close to top 5.
    Last edited by dyst; 03-13-2018 at 03:34 PM.

  4. #2269
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,155
    Looking at where some of these Centers came in, I think it makes me want a SF that much more in this draft. Whiteside, Gobert, DJ, Capela all came in after 25th.

  5. #2270
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    Best player on that list is Curry, the rest are solid pieces but not franchise changing.

    Edit* I guess some would say Leonard also but again, striking late in the draft is not common at all. Your BEST best is top of the draft.

    I think there is discrepancy on the definition of "top talent", "elite", "generational" etc. Most of those names are good players but maybe 2 of them can carry a team. Most of the players that can carry a team are usually top 10 picks and usually close to top 5.
    Days of winning with one or even 2 stars or over. Look at how hard it looks to win for LBJ without help. Hell 9 of those guys are in the top 16 of nba players.

    You are trying too hard to make your argument stick.

  6. #2271
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,177
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Days of winning with one or even 2 stars or over. Look at how hard it looks to win for LBJ without help. Hell 9 of those guys are in the top 16 of nba players.

    You are trying too hard to make your argument stick.
    Plus Paul George, Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard are all legit top players in the NBA.

  7. #2272
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    17,302
    I think a team of 3 or 4 top flight all-stars instead of one megastar is much better suited to win titles. If 3 of Dunn, Lavine, Lauri and our 2 1st rd picks this year reach that level with the other 2 being very good players themselves, the Bulls can be at that championship level after 2-3 seasons of these guys playing together and building chemistry and a winning mentality.

  8. #2273
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,155
    Zach Lavine sure as hell isn't doing himself any favors with his March play so far. Maybe we can get him on a slightly shorter term cheaper deal, where he can opt out in 2 years and use the next 2 to prove he's worth the big big bucks. Also gives us an option of deciding how he fits.

    Something like a 2 year 3rd year player option. Would kind of benefit both parties. Maybe even a 1 year 2nd year player option, so if he kills it next year he could go for a max. His value isn't as high as it could be.

  9. #2274
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,155
    That's also a big reason why I think a solid 2 way wing is the most dire need for us this draft. If we draft a guy like Mikal, and we bring Lavine back on a shorter term deal, we won't be as tied down to Lavine if we don't think he's the right fit. Imagine drafting Mikal and he lives up to the 3 and D hype. Then we go out and try to sign a guy like Kawhi if he wanted to leave. We'd have a 1/2/3 of Dunn/Mikal/Kawhi. RIP to opposing wings and PGs offense vs. us.

  10. #2275
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    You are trying too hard to make your argument stick.
    I'm not sure what you are getting at. We need stars, elite game-changing stars in order to be competitive and have a legitimate shot at winning the title.

    Having a well rounded team with a bunch of good players and a deep bench helps but come playoff time, you need a few elite level players to deliver the knock out punch. We don't have that. Lauri, Lavine and Dunn from my perspective are good and can provide depth but they are not elite.

    So, as I was saying...in order to get these guys that are considered elite, you typically get them early in the draft and rarely do they come beyond picks 10 and above.

  11. #2276
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,910
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    I'm not sure what you are getting at. We need stars, elite game-changing stars in order to be competitive and have a legitimate shot at winning the title.

    Having a well rounded team with a bunch of good players and a deep bench helps but come playoff time, you need a few elite level players to deliver the knock out punch. We don't have that. Lauri, Lavine and Dunn from my perspective are good and can provide depth but they are not elite.

    So, as I was saying...in order to get these guys that are considered elite, you typically get them early in the draft and rarely do they come beyond picks 10 and above.
    Maybe Lauri and LaVine havenít finished developing yet? Seems pretty logical considering their ages, right? Or should they be superstars already?

  12. #2277
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    23,811
    Congrats to our forumís Loyola guy: shammy. Unreal finish.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #2278
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    42,864
    Blakeney mvp

  14. #2279
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Congrats to our forumís Loyola guy: shammy. Unreal finish.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pretty cool, hopefully they can make it to next week



  15. #2280
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,155
    If we can't lose closing games with our D league squad lol. Memphis is so bad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •