Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    More interesting: our odds are higher than the Cavs.

Im liking our chances more and more to actually win the East. We can beat anyone from the east playoff picture in a 7 game series. I truly believe that.

I also understand that we could lose to almost anyone in the east playoff picture in the first round. Were just a wild card that could take anyone down or get knocked out early. No scenario would shock me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    More interesting: our odds are higher than the Cavs.
    Exactly why I posted it. Haha.

PROCESSING

I bet youre not surprised though War. Its an objective statistical ranking/projection. Statistically, we are definitively better than the Cavs.

The statistical rankings have loved us this year because of adjusted strength of schedule and all of the metrics that are probably being especially skewed from a lot of blow out wins and a lot of close losses.

A tad that were over a team like the Cavs but not a huge amount.

PROCESSING

Personally in preseason, for the 76ers I thought the goal of HCA in round one and making it to the ECF was a goal that should of been striven for and in the realm of possibility.

in no way should that had been the goal prior to the season. we all were hoping for over .500 and a 6-8 seed.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    in no way should that had been the goal prior to the season. we all were hoping for over .500 and a 6-8 seed.
    Goals and expectations are different.

Teams like the Raptors goal is win the ship. Spurs, Rockets, Celtics, Thunder etc...

Expectations are different, I can see an expectation of what you mentioned but a goal of reaching the conference finals with the amount of talent (albeit somewhat raw and inexperienced) isn't too bad. Expectation for a team like the Raptors was probably Conference finals at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Goals and expectations are different.

Teams like the Raptors goal is win the ship. Spurs, Rockets, Celtics, Thunder etc...

Expectations are different, I can see an expectation of what you mentioned but a goal of reaching the conference finals with the amount of talent (albeit somewhat raw and inexperienced) isn't too bad. Expectation for a team like the Raptors was probably Conference finals at best.
    Agreed

Question for you. I agree with you that Dario is lighting it up. Probably the most consistent player on the team this year, and certainly the most improved, in my humble opinion. Issue is, how can we afford to sign Dario, when Ben's contract will be coming up, already paying JoJo, trying to add one, if not two MAX players, and as I mentioned before, in my opinion, overpaying RoCo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    Question for you. I agree with you that Dario is lighting it up. Probably the most consistent player on the team this year, and certainly the most improved, in my humble opinion. Issue is, how can we afford to sign Dario, when Ben's contract will be coming up, already paying JoJo, trying to add one, if not two MAX players, and as I mentioned before, in my opinion, overpaying RoCo.
    Beautiful thing about Dario is his rookie contract just started last season. Hes signed for a very low amount relative to the cap through the 2020 or 2021 season.

Side note: Roco isnt overpaid. Hes a good player and hes going to be good value for his contract. Wait a year or two and compare him to the players making equal salary as him. And compare guys that are on his level and see what theyre making around the league. Hes also frontloaded - took a big pay increase this year to reduce his cap hit for future seasons. And, with all that in mind, hes a very moveable contract in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Beautiful thing about Dario is his rookie contract just started last season. Hes signed for a very low amount relative to the cap through the 2020 or 2021 season.

Side note: Roco isnt overpaid. Hes a good player and hes going to be good value for his contract. Wait a year or two and compare him to the players making equal salary as him. And compare guys that are on his level and see what theyre making around the league. Hes also frontloaded - took a big pay increase this year to reduce his cap hit for future seasons. And, with all that in mind, hes a very moveable contract in a trade.
    The backlash on RoCo has hit absurd levels. I knew it would get bad because when he was making $1mil, anything is great. Now that hes making more hes a waste of space.

PROCESSING

everyone is always so quick to hate on roco, its ridiculous.

I just wanted to share, that I got arrested last week , and I was wearing an Iverson jersey

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Cov makes easy to hate on him. dude went past the point of streaky and inconsistent to down right terrible on offense. The fact that he cant dribble a ball as a wing is just embarrassing. Now, hes having his best month shooting in a while so hopefully he can maintain it and help the team.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast