Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 1218
  1. #931
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    More interesting: our odds are higher than the Cavs.

  2. #932
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,886
    Im liking our chances more and more to actually win the East. We can beat anyone from the east playoff picture in a 7 game series. I truly believe that.

    I also understand that we could lose to almost anyone in the east playoff picture in the first round. Were just a wild card that could take anyone down or get knocked out early. No scenario would shock me at this point.

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    48,501
    Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    More interesting: our odds are higher than the Cavs.
    Exactly why I posted it. Haha.

    PROCESSING

  4. #934
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,886
    I bet youre not surprised though War. Its an objective statistical ranking/projection. Statistically, we are definitively better than the Cavs.

    The statistical rankings have loved us this year because of adjusted strength of schedule and all of the metrics that are probably being especially skewed from a lot of blow out wins and a lot of close losses.

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    48,501
    A tad that were over a team like the Cavs but not a huge amount.

    PROCESSING

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,868
    Personally in preseason, for the 76ers I thought the goal of HCA in round one and making it to the ECF was a goal that should of been striven for and in the realm of possibility.

  7. #937
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,640
    in no way should that had been the goal prior to the season. we all were hoping for over .500 and a 6-8 seed.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

  8. #938
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    in no way should that had been the goal prior to the season. we all were hoping for over .500 and a 6-8 seed.
    Goals and expectations are different.

    Teams like the Raptors goal is win the ship. Spurs, Rockets, Celtics, Thunder etc...

    Expectations are different, I can see an expectation of what you mentioned but a goal of reaching the conference finals with the amount of talent (albeit somewhat raw and inexperienced) isn't too bad. Expectation for a team like the Raptors was probably Conference finals at best.

  9. #939
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Goals and expectations are different.

    Teams like the Raptors goal is win the ship. Spurs, Rockets, Celtics, Thunder etc...

    Expectations are different, I can see an expectation of what you mentioned but a goal of reaching the conference finals with the amount of talent (albeit somewhat raw and inexperienced) isn't too bad. Expectation for a team like the Raptors was probably Conference finals at best.
    Agreed

  10. #940
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    310
    Question for you. I agree with you that Dario is lighting it up. Probably the most consistent player on the team this year, and certainly the most improved, in my humble opinion. Issue is, how can we afford to sign Dario, when Ben's contract will be coming up, already paying JoJo, trying to add one, if not two MAX players, and as I mentioned before, in my opinion, overpaying RoCo.

  11. #941
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    Question for you. I agree with you that Dario is lighting it up. Probably the most consistent player on the team this year, and certainly the most improved, in my humble opinion. Issue is, how can we afford to sign Dario, when Ben's contract will be coming up, already paying JoJo, trying to add one, if not two MAX players, and as I mentioned before, in my opinion, overpaying RoCo.
    Beautiful thing about Dario is his rookie contract just started last season. Hes signed for a very low amount relative to the cap through the 2020 or 2021 season.

    Side note: Roco isnt overpaid. Hes a good player and hes going to be good value for his contract. Wait a year or two and compare him to the players making equal salary as him. And compare guys that are on his level and see what theyre making around the league. Hes also frontloaded - took a big pay increase this year to reduce his cap hit for future seasons. And, with all that in mind, hes a very moveable contract in a trade.

  12. #942
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    48,501
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Beautiful thing about Dario is his rookie contract just started last season. Hes signed for a very low amount relative to the cap through the 2020 or 2021 season.

    Side note: Roco isnt overpaid. Hes a good player and hes going to be good value for his contract. Wait a year or two and compare him to the players making equal salary as him. And compare guys that are on his level and see what theyre making around the league. Hes also frontloaded - took a big pay increase this year to reduce his cap hit for future seasons. And, with all that in mind, hes a very moveable contract in a trade.
    The backlash on RoCo has hit absurd levels. I knew it would get bad because when he was making $1mil, anything is great. Now that hes making more hes a waste of space.

    PROCESSING

  13. #943
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    29,446
    everyone is always so quick to hate on roco, its ridiculous.

  14. #944
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    R.D
    Posts
    17,398
    I just wanted to share, that I got arrested last week , and I was wearing an Iverson jersey


    Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan


    "Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

  15. #945
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,640
    Cov makes easy to hate on him. dude went past the point of streaky and inconsistent to down right terrible on offense. The fact that he cant dribble a ball as a wing is just embarrassing. Now, hes having his best month shooting in a while so hopefully he can maintain it and help the team.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •