Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Cleveland is legit good. Maybe top 4 record.
    Well yes, I know that. I didnít mean that the division is up for grabs. Although between injuries and baseball being baseball, wouldnít be shocking if they had a semi down year.

I predict we are historically awful

whool, we got ourselves a retread coach and you come away with optimism? what world is this? It's like you're playing russian roulette with the multiverse, has your gambling gotten that bad?

edit: I just noticed the caveat, ugh I'm naive again... you simply said you expect them to "compete" ... I see what you did!

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I predict we are historically awful

whool, we got ourselves a retread coach and you come away with optimism? what world is this? It's like you're playing russian roulette with the multiverse, has your gambling gotten that bad?

edit: I just noticed the caveat, ugh I'm naive again... you simply said you expect them to "compete" ... I see what you did!
    Baseball is a totally different game. Veteran coaches make sense, especially for a rebuild.

Realistically, I think the Tigers end up losing more than they win.

BUT...they do have some nice pieces on the roster and if I had to pick one surprise team in the MLB this year, it would be Detroit.

Avila just said they donít want the top four pitching prospects to play in the majors at all this year and think itís unlikely Stewart plays a game in the majors this year either.

Avila just said they donít want the top four pitching prospects to play in the majors at all this year and think itís unlikely Stewart plays a game in the majors this year either.
    a little surprised on Stewart since he's already 24, but if we already have a bunch of dudes out there I can understand waiting 1 more year for the clock to start

He better shut his mouth unless he wants an issue with the players union.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    He just said they arenít ready and will need more time to be ready for the majors. Same with Stewart. Almost there but needs the regular at bats he can get in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    MLB as a whole has an issue with the union right now. Union is damn strong, but the owners are trying to flex a bit.

So back to the bullpen. Looks like Gardy is keeping 12 so I have Greene, Jimenez, Stumpf, and Farmer as locks. Wilson, will probably make it but shouldn't and he's been awful so we can't even trade him. This leaves us needing another lefty since Hardy is injured (Carpenter/Bell). Both have had decent springs but I'm keeping Carpenter over Bell because he's younger and his strike out to BB ratio is pretty darn good (12/2). For the last spot, it's down to Saupold (5.79 spring ERA), VerHagen (5.00 spring ERA), and Montgomery (3.38 spring ERA). For some reason Montgomery isn't getting the innings the other two are but he has out performed them (allowing only a .182 average against and 8K in 5 innings). I'm going to guess they go with VerHagen here though because he is getting the innings and his 13/3 strike out to BB is outstanding.

Bullpen 2018:
    Greene- CL
    Jimenez- Setup
    Stumpf- LH
    Carpenter- LH
    Farmer- Middle/Long
    VerHagen- Middle/Long
    Wilson- who cares

Go Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Go Tigers

Welcome!

Wait...ricks is from Australia and shows up a couple days after Saupold is let go.......

Ricks, are you Warrick Saupold, ex-Tiger player, current Tiger superfan?

could be Brad Thomas

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456