Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 132 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2856
    If the kids play like this in the playoffs then I don't want to trade a single one of them.

The way the starters played the past few games with Derozan leading the charge, there is still angst how they can consistently handle playoff teams in a seven game series. The lackadaisical defense and slow pace will turn this team to roadkill. By the looks of it, The bench may need to play 24.1 minutes of 48 for this team to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If the kids play like this in the playoffs then I don't want to trade a single one of them.
    What DeMar said about the trade deadline this year. "I didn't even know it was deadline day", "I don't think we need the help. It's all on us, and how we play. We're good, I don't think we need help"

Love hearing this.

^that has to make everyone feel good.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    ^that has to make everyone feel good.
    Compared to last year when the team was struggling around this time and Lowry called out the gm. What a turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    siakam looking draymond-esque out there
    I really wanted Diaw during the offseason but Siakam has filled that role nicely.

#1 in the East all well key players are having there minutes managed nicely and a rather easy sch. To finish out the year.

really happy with the reg season so far. Expected a stepback with us turning over the bench and going young, but they've been great so far. I thought we'd be at the top of that playoff mix that's going on from 3-9 currently.

Only slight worry is our star players playing pretty bad lately, but they should pick it up.

DeRozans still averaging 20+ and almost 6 assists in the last 10 games. That's a pretty decent slump lol.

And Lowry has been great lately, but our starters haven't been needed to close out games.

The starters need to push the pace the way the bench does.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc.:32165899
    DeRozans still averaging 20+ and almost 6 assists in the last 10 games. That's a pretty decent slump lol.

And Lowry has been great lately, but our starters haven't been needed to close out games.

DeMar has been less than stellar. Lowry has been up and down all season.

I'm skeptical of these two come playoff time. Every analyst/ TV personality feels the same way.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

they've been shooting like garbage. luckily our bench (and JV) is making up for it

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:32166123

they've been shooting like garbage. luckily our bench (and JV) is making up for it
    I like that the bench keeps owning teams just by moving the ball. It's actually putting some pressure on the starters.

The bench being awesome is the tricky part. We've had a great bench for years and it's paid off in the reg season when teams play their crap lineups, but in the playoffs we struggled because teams go with small rotations. Hopefully our bench is up for that challenge this year.

I have absolutely loved how JV has played lately. He's been an absolute force on the inside scoring, he's able to shoot 3s now, and the biggest thing for me, is how great he's looked rebounding. So many extra chances when he's on the court. While re still would probably benefit from another good defensive rebounder (as we've had instances where opposing teams get too many 2nd chances themselves), JVs play probably reduced Toronto's aggressiveness in looking to get someone like DeAndre.

Now, if Ibaka could be a little more consistent on the boards, we'd be set
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    The bench being awesome is the tricky part. We've had a great bench for years and it's paid off in the reg season when teams play their crap lineups, but in the playoffs we struggled because teams go with small rotations. Hopefully our bench is up for that challenge this year.
    Aside from the style of play this year, the main difference is our bench plays a lot more than they used to. They not only crush opposing benches, they hold their own sometimes when they play other team's starters.

In the past, we struggle in the playoffs mainly because DD and Lowry are ****. Lets be real, as much as I love our bench, we only go as far as our stars go.