Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 157 of 191 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2856
    Have you guys noticed the bench going up against starters now? Teams are adjusting. Huge props to the bench this season.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12:32216843
    null
    That might have been the biggest regular season game in the history of the franchise. It sounds like hyperbole but the Raptors have never been first place this late in the season. I think the game lived up to the hype.
    Last edited by aman_13; 03-10-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Have you guys noticed the bench going up against starters now? Teams are adjusting. Huge props to the bench this season.
    Huge confidence of Casey towards his bench guys. As much as we have given Derozan props for the evolution of his game, Casey should he given appropriate praise as well. JV is a major recipient of this trust from his coach.
    “We’re never going to be a high-assist team”, Casey said Thursday morning during an appearance on on SN590 The Fan’s Starting Lineup, “The way DeMar plays, he gets his points off the dribble and in one-on-one situations, and it takes away from that high-assist number. But we have to get the ball moving— and knock down shots once it is.”

that was a great game

I thought the defense on harden was great. Hardens just a b-east

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12:32216870
    Huge confidence of Casey towards his bench guys. As much as we have given Derozan props for the evolution of his game, Casey should he given appropriate praise as well. JV is a major recipient of this trust from his coach.
    Yeah i didnt think we would ever see JV getting late game minutes against a spread offense like Houston. This team has truly evolved from top to bottom.

JV had a couple of great stops late. I'm still skeptical of this team, but I love that they keep winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:32217012
    JV had a couple of great stops late. I'm still skeptical of this team, but I love that they keep winning.
    Skeptical in the sense of winning the east/ reaching CF or early exit? Both?

I don't doubt each series will be a grind.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Skeptical in the sense of winning the east/ reaching CF or early exit? Both?

I don't doubt each series will be a grind.
    early exit

Yeah I'm not exactly confident either. The Bucks and Heat have given us trouble.

Life of a Raptors fan:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/despite-pundits-believe-raptors-title-contenders-212222673.html

SPORTS

Despite what pundits believe, Raptors are title contenders

Kelcey Wright Johnson

Yahoo Canada SportsMarch 10, 2018

The Toronto Raptors are 48-17 which is good for the top spot in the Eastern Conference.

After the three-point victory over the Houston Rockets, the Toronto Raptors moved to a 48-17 record — 2.5 games ahead of the second place Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference.

It was an important game for the Raps: the number one team in the east, matching up against the number one team in the west. However, heading into the game, Raptors fans had a sour taste in their mouths and it seemed like Houston had a built-in excuse if they came up short after Jalen Rose said that a Rockets loss would be chalked up to a “scheduling loss”.

@michaelgrange*@JalenRose*at 4:00 mark predicts "schedule loss". Raps also played 3 in 4 nights *♂
    Jalen Rose: Rockets' winning streak will end in Toronto | NBA Countdown …
    https://t.co/3Ms7UCcuKX

— Justin John (@justinakalesjus)*March 10, 2018

And ESPN’s Max Kellerman put the explanation mark on the statement, stating that Houston’s loss to Toronto had nothing to do with the Raptors talent and everything to do with the Rockets’ schedule — even stating that the game wouldn’t mean anything to Houston.

This is nothing new to the Toronto Raptors: they’ve been faced with these types of excuses all season. And it all started when the Raptors didn’t get a Christmas Day game.

The league said the Christmas Day games were chosen to provide fans with compelling matchups, rivalries, star players and competitiveness of teams, yet with games like the 76ers and the Knicks, or Timberwolves and Lakers, the debates began and pleas for a Toronto Christmas Day game grew louder.

DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry were mad. So mad that a few days later, DeRozan scored a franchise-high 52 points on New Years Day (how’s that for star player?).

The Raptors did eventually get a nationally televised game, thanks to the Cavaliers coming to town on Jan. 11. And when the Raps earned the blowout victory over Lebron and company, U.S. media outlets didn’t applaud Toronto, they focused on what was wrong with Cleveland.

Instead of giving credit to the Toronto Raptors, it was reported that Cleveland was in a mid-season funk and having some internal/personnel struggles, including MSN’s headline: Can the Cavaliers pull themselves out of their latest mid-season slump?

And despite beating the number two seeded Boston Celtics by 20 points at the Air Canada Centre on Feb. 6, the Raptors were still being overlooked in the NBA.

So much so, that they weren’t even in the discussions of finals candidates in late February.

That’s right: the number one team in the Eastern Conference didn’t make the discussion.

When former Toronto Raptors star Chris Bosh was a guest on the Bill Simmons Podcast earlier this week, he said what every basketball fan in Canada was thinking.

“They’re in*first place*in the East. They’re three and a half games behind the best record in the NBA. Nobody’s even talking about it. C’mon! In this day and age where everybody watches their screens everywhere, nobody’s talking about the Raptors.”

*Raptors win NBA Championship*

*Raptors fans turn on ESPN the next day to see top stories*

– What happens now with the Warriors??
    – Where will LeBron play next??
    – What's LeBron's favorite brand of toothpaste??*
    – eSports

— Christopher Walder (@WalderSports)*February 13, 2018

But the Raptors do have at least one supporter, and DeRozan was happy to have get some love.

See you in Toronto, Charles.

Reporter: "Charles Barkley picked the Raptors to win the Eastern Conference. How does that feel?"@DeMar_DeRozan: "I love Chuck."

Reporter: "The rest of the*@NBAonTNT*panel was skeptical…"@DeMar_DeRozan: "I love Charles Barkley."*pic.twitter.com/c3VoOuHWQ2

— Toronto Raptors (@Raptors)*March 9, 2018

Last edited by aman_13; 03-10-2018 at 11:54 PM.

I thought the expectation is ECF. But if they flame out in the first round or if they get past it and still embarrass in the 2nd round even with HCA, it would be a bust.

A hard fought ECF would be a success. A finals appearance would be a championship for them.

The only two teams that can take them out is Boston and Cleveland.

The Cavs always have a chance with LeBron but their team really isn’t the same with out Irving

The Celtics are still young and are missing Hayward.

If ever there was a chance for the raptors to reach the finals it’s this year.

But I don’t view them as a 1st or 2n round exit. This isn’t the same inexperienced raptors team from 3+ seasons ago.

Boston doesn't scare me

I think the Finals are a real possibility. DC is starting to play the bench vs starters, I can only hope this is for playoff prep. If they can come in with a change of pace when our starters are cold then we'll be like no other team in the playoffs. We could completely disrupt opposing rotations and get matchups that heavily favour our starters.

This may sound silly but I think game 1 of the post season is the litmus test. We always lose game 1. If we can carry over these changes into the post season then we should be able to get that monkey off our back. You know Kyle, DeMar and JV think about it but unlike other years, they're really going to be the only ones.

I recognized Derozan’s game has evolved in totality but it is interesting to still see that their are moments in the game when the bad habits and his usual tendencies are still evident. How this would translate in the post season would be something to watch.