Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 156 of 191 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2856
    Damn, we are gooooood lol. Shout out to Lowry, that was one of his best games of the season. I was sure he was gonna miss one of those free throws, I was glad I was wrong. JV was clutch too.. I love this team.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He’s def playing for more rings, why wouldnt he be ??
    I mean he's not chasing rings by jumping to other teams. A ring with Cleveland against GSW would put him above Jordan IMO.

I said this in the NBA forum. The Raps didn't play that well. They were awesome in the first quarter but didn't play as well the rest of the way. The second quarter wasn't bad but they really got stagnate in the second half. Great win though!
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

If we meet Houston in the Finals, we might just **** around and win a chip.

You know who really needs it get it going, Ibaka!

He has missed a lot of open threes recently.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I mean he's not chasing rings by jumping to other teams. A ring with Cleveland against GSW would put him above Jordan IMO.
    Never under estimate lebrons willingness to jump to greener pastures

I don’t think he basis his desicions on based on Jordan’s legacy. He’s making his own mark.

Winning ships is every nba players ultimate goal and he’s not getting passed the warriors with this Cavs team. Not even close.

Harden shrugged off that loss as he should. I didn't like that he felt the team just lacked focus and thought it would be easy to come back. He didn't quiet say it like that, but that's what he implied.

He said they made the Raps uncomfortable in the second half and I thought they did but I think they made the Rockets uncomfortable as well. They only took 27 threes. Lowest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Harden shrugged off that loss as he should. I didn't like that he felt the team just lacked focus and thought it would be easy to come back. He didn't quiet say it like that, but that's what he implied.

He said they made the Raps uncomfortable in the second half and I thought they did but I think they made the Rockets uncomfortable as well. They only took 27 threes. Lowest of the season.
    we stopped running the ball down their throats in the second half. We pushed the tempo on them in the first and it worked. You wouldn't think so against them with their team but maybe they were tired on their 3/4 nights schedule. Lowry in his post game was right, they took their foot off the gas. Personally that's what I thought, also some nerves coming down the stretch, I counted VanVleet and JV both turned down good shots that in the rest of the game they would have shot and made 70+% of the time.

But, we defended when it counted, we were gang rebounding, and we were simply hungrier for every ball on the floor. We deserved to win, but it was far from a perfect win. And it was a positive sign to hear one of our 'leaders' acknowledge that. And learning about crunch time is all about getting your feet put to the fire anyway, so it's better to learn those lessons in a win than a loss anyway. So you really can't be unhappy with what went down last night, and I'm daring to dream of the nba finals right now.
    Last edited by Sly Guy; 03-10-2018 at 09:31 AM.

I know their gm believes the same thing based on comments made in the past. I think it’s psychological tactics because they know Toronto could be the team they face in the finals if either team gets passed their conference rivals

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy:32216504
    we stopped running the ball down their throats in the second half. We pushed the tempo on them in the first and it worked. You wouldn't think so against them with their team but maybe they were tired on their 3/4 nights schedule. Lowry in his post game was right, they took their foot off the gas. Personally that's what I thought, also some nerves coming down the stretch, I counted VanVleet and JV both turned down good shots that in the rest of the game they would have shot and made 70+% of the time.

But, we defended when it counted, we were gang rebounding, and we were simply hungrier for every ball on the floor. We deserved to win, but it was far from a perfect win. And it was a positive sign to hear one of our 'leaders' acknowledge that. And learning about crunch time is all about getting your feet put to the fire anyway, so it's better to learn those lessons in a win than a loss anyway. So you really can't be unhappy with what went down last night, and I'm daring to dream of the nba finals right now.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson:32216630
    null
    I'm assuming you are referencing the regression to the mean comment. Yeah It may very much be tactical.

The shots stopped falling for a bit in the second half without Lowry out there, and then Harden and Gordon started hitting everything in the 4th to make it close. Its a great win down 2 key pieces in Wright and OG.

I still think they should have used Siakam more against Harden. As good as FVV and Powell are defensively, they didn't have the length to bother his shot.

Man if we somehow get by CLE and GSW lose to HOU, we have a legit chance of a championship. HOU doesnt scare me at all with their ISO heavy offense.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44:32216756
    The shots stopped falling for a bit in the second half without Lowry out there, and then Harden and Gordon started hitting everything in the 4th to make it close. Its a great win down 2 key pieces in Wright and OG.

I still think they should have used Siakam more against Harden. As good as FVV and Powell are defensively, they didn't have the length to bother his shot.
    I was thinking the same thing. They really missed their length. Powell and FVV played great defense and he shot right over them.

I was fortunate to get corporate tickets last night. It was a playoff type atmosphere, loud and rowdy.

Harden was unstoppable last night. But Lowry was scorching hot all game. Drake was prophetic but close to be the jinx lol.

I agree with you guys about missing OG and Wright’s length. OG should be guarding Harden.

Hopefully we get this top level effort from the main guys in the post season.
    Last edited by Raps Insider 12; 03-10-2018 at 02:34 PM. Reason: My baby’s nickname is roudy, lol sry for the spelling error