Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    we really need Gobert. Favors is an ok defender, but we need Goberts defense back.

Well I went to my first Jazz game Friday. It was a pretty awesome experience.

I was pumped up to see Mitchell in person. Hated to not see Rudy play but it is what it is. Mitchell was pretty good for most of the game but he was absolutely terrible in the 4th quarter. Horrible turnovers and shot selection. Rubio hit his first 2 shots and then went 1-9 the rest of the way. He is just an awful fit for the team. Udoh played well. Sucked to see Sefalosha go down, he has played well this year but as usual we just can't stay healthy. But even in a loss it was awesome to finally see my team play and I was pretty surprised at the amount of Jazz fans I saw at the arena.

man rubio is just not fitting on this team. ingles has to learn to shoot. only thing worth watching is mitchell. I don't get why people would boo hood.

Jazz fans have been ignorantly booing players for too long. When are these stupid Jazz fans going to realize we are a small market team with no extra advantages. Let's not make it more difficult to keep players here. You don't boo a guy for having an off night or going through a shooting slump. Mitchell didn't appreciate it.

Donovan Mitchell: Tough loss tonight but we will bounce back…. Can’t believe people were booing Rodney tonight that is insane to boo a man who works his butt off everyday to become a better player and for people to boo him is INSANE He gives his all for us and we do the same for him! GOOD NIGHT! 6 hours ago – via Twitter spidadmitchell

I'm speechless after a loss to the lowly Hawks. With the trade deadline looming I think this is a difficult time for players on a team like ours. Some of these guys likely think they will be traded. I can see why that could throw someone off. Hood for example is possibly not even injured. His agent may be advising him to avoid injury or anything else that would keep him from a pay day this summer.

This game was especially bad for Rubio. His style doesn't fit this team. If there is a Jazz fan who thinks Rubio is a long term answer please share your insight. I just don't see it.

It's the defense that was driving me nuts last night. The Jazz guards kept slacking off their players and was leaving the SAME CORNER open EVERY TIME!! The only guard playing defense last night was Ricky Rubio. Mitchell, Burks, Neto, Ingles, they were all lost on defense last night for some reason. Something I'm sure Snyder will address.

Last nights game against the Pistons showed me something about the Jazz. I know you guys think Rubio can't play on our team, but he's honestly the best PG defensively we have by a long shot. As soon as he was benched for the eye patch-up, Ish Smith started going on a tear offensively. But when Rubio got back Smith was silent the rest of the game.

Here's my theory on Rubio. His shooting has been the best he's ever shot in his entire career. It's also the most he's ever shot his entire career. His turnovers have also been high this season, but I think that's because he's doing something he's never done before.

David Locke has mentioned for years that when a player is doing something new for the first season he's usually not very proficient in that thing. (Hayward, Favors, Hood, Exum, Kanter, Gobert have all been subject to this). The second year they do whatever it is they are changing in their game, usually they improve drastically in that item. Hayward is probably the best example of this. The year we gave him the whole team, Millsap left, Jefferson left, all that was left was Favors and Hayward. Hayward was the one making the decisions play wise and he wasn't very good at it, but the second year he improved DRASTICALLY. He also improved the third year after that and became an all-star.

It takes time to slide into a new role you're not used to playing, and I think Rubio is in that position right now. When he turns the ball over, it's usually because he's trying to stay within the offense and passes the ball poorly. His teams have always been more ISO than anything else, he's not used to playing in a system like Quinn's. And as a result he turns the ball over more than usual.

I'm not saying we keep him, but if Linsday can't trade him (which I doubt he can) than his contract isn't awful, and that will give us an entire off-season with him to train him up into our system. He'll already have a year under his belt doing what we do, I would make bets his next season will be much improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    Last nights game against the Pistons showed me something about the Jazz. I know you guys think Rubio can't play on our team, but he's honestly the best PG defensively we have by a long shot. As soon as he was benched for the eye patch-up, Ish Smith started going on a tear offensively. But when Rubio got back Smith was silent the rest of the game.

Here's my theory on Rubio. His shooting has been the best he's ever shot in his entire career. It's also the most he's ever shot his entire career. His turnovers have also been high this season, but I think that's because he's doing something he's never done before.

David Locke has mentioned for years that when a player is doing something new for the first season he's usually not very proficient in that thing. (Hayward, Favors, Hood, Exum, Kanter, Gobert have all been subject to this). The second year they do whatever it is they are changing in their game, usually they improve drastically in that item. Hayward is probably the best example of this. The year we gave him the whole team, Millsap left, Jefferson left, all that was left was Favors and Hayward. Hayward was the one making the decisions play wise and he wasn't very good at it, but the second year he improved DRASTICALLY. He also improved the third year after that and became an all-star.

It takes time to slide into a new role you're not used to playing, and I think Rubio is in that position right now. When he turns the ball over, it's usually because he's trying to stay within the offense and passes the ball poorly. His teams have always been more ISO than anything else, he's not used to playing in a system like Quinn's. And as a result he turns the ball over more than usual.

I'm not saying we keep him, but if Linsday can't trade him (which I doubt he can) than his contract isn't awful, and that will give us an entire off-season with him to train him up into our system. He'll already have a year under his belt doing what we do, I would make bets his next season will be much improved.
    Whenever we have a player that we "doubt we can trade" isn't that a clear sign he shouldn't be a major part of our team? The guy is never going to be a starting PG on a solid playoff team. We don't need more years to figure that out. He needs to be in a system where he can run around with the ball in his hands. He would be best served with 4 shooters on the floor with him. Not going to work great with Gobert, and a disaster with 2 other non shooters like Favors and Gobert. Let's not be fools into thinking he is going to become a good shooter this far into his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Jazz fans have been ignorantly booing players for too long. When are these stupid Jazz fans going to realize we are a small market team with no extra advantages. Let's not make it more difficult to keep players here. You don't boo a guy for having an off night or going through a shooting slump. Mitchell didn't appreciate it.

Donovan Mitchell: Tough loss tonight but we will bounce back…. Can’t believe people were booing Rodney tonight that is insane to boo a man who works his butt off everyday to become a better player and for people to boo him is INSANE He gives his all for us and we do the same for him! GOOD NIGHT! 6 hours ago – via Twitter spidadmitchell
    I wouldn't say Jazz fans are ignorant. They are well known to be one of the best fans in the league. I think it is fair to say that Jazz fans are frustrated. Alot of that is because of the Heyward ordeal. There may be unfair expectations of the players that stayed. So they may over react to some things right now. But ultimately, Jazz have GREAT fans.

I also do not think Hood is innocent in all of this. His inability to stay on the floor is frustrating for Jazz. First game of the season he ran off the floor with stomach issues right before tipoff and Mitchell had to start. Then he couldn't compete with a rookie to be the leader of the team. Then he couldn't stay healthy or productive enough to even provide that rookie with any help. I am not a dr., so I won't say a player could have played or could not. But I know Rubio was playing with a bloody face yesterday day and Hood has been out for a week with a bruise. Again, Hood could have a serious injury, and a leg contusion could be a much more serious thing, I am just trying to give a fan's perspective, who see some players fighting through injuries and fighting to win games... then see Hood sitting on the bench, fighting with fans, etc.

Ultimately, I think Hood is a good player and a good guy who was asked to help lead a team and couldn't handle it. He is better suited in a support role. Because he could not handle it, he is mad because he thinks he can and fans are mad because he couldn't. This makes him a great trade candidate because he is young and has a bright future and it is easy to see his talent... so a fresh start for him will be good for him.

Hood needs to go. And if booing is upsetting, sports aren't for everyone. Especially those with weak intestinal fortitude.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "I’m not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork

I think there is an acceptable time to boo and also booing that doesn't help anyone. If our guys are not playing hard then I think we should let them know that is not acceptable. If a player runs his mouth like Kanter or Lyles as he is going out the door then we should boo them too. But how is booing a player who is working hard and in a slump help? That is where the fan ignorance comes in. I'm sure Hood is perfectly aware of his inconsistency. I'm sure he is perfectly aware of his bad injury history. He is also aware of the tens of millions of dollars this inconsistency and injury history is costing him. Can you imagine the hours per day he spends working on his shot. He probably stays in the gym until he gets his confidence up. Then he goes into a game and starts 1 for 9. I'm sure at that already low moment he is so pissed at himself. So please someone explain to me how getting booed from your own fans helps this situation?

Some people might try to be trying to convince themselves and others that booing is ok. But when you're on the court, the cheering really does help. There's a reason everyone plays better at home than away. Very few teams ever have a better record away than they do at home, and it's usually a fluke when it happens. Thankfully I never had any one boo me when I was playing games at home, so I don't know what that's like, but I can tell you that would have been hard if it happened to me. Call me weak if you want, but that fan support really is important.

Nice win in Toronto! I love the effort in the last 2 games..... maybe turning a corner? P.O.S. Boggie went down with an ACL, I think that 8th spot is still at possibility!

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

Yes, that was a great win against a really good team. Nice to see and it was awesome to see Rubio have the confidence to let that 3 fly without hesitation. Sometimes it looks like he second guesses himself when he goes to shoot and those shots never go in.

Currently smoking the Warriors....Ingles is unconscious. Mitchell is gonna have to get it going in the second half cause I don't think we can count on Ingles and Rubio to continue their first half pace.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast