Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    This team has two huge issues right now. #1 they don't get foul shots. it hurts having to make so many shots and not get a ton of freebies. 2nd is the turnovers. Its been really bad this year. We are dead last and its not really close. You hope that its just a fluke, but we can't win with how much we turn it over. I hope we can fix the turnovers, but being honest I don't think we have the players to fix the no free throws issue.

Honestly even when mitchell is missing I like his shot selection. He creates things for other players. He tries on defense. I think he has a chance to be a superstar if he can start making some of these shots.

I wouldn't stress the turnover thing. Looking at box scores, Ricky is averaging a ton of TO's, which is not his game. The thing is, his pass sometimes are so unexpected and so strong, that other players can't always handle them. There were some growing pains with that in Minnesota and I expect the same is going to be the case in Utah. Once your guys understand that with Rubio running point, a pass can be coming at any point, it will start working much better like it did in Minny. And trust me, Rubio's shot now is a night and day compared to what it was. The form still sucks, but he seems to be much more consistent on both his jumpshots and his layups than he was in the first 2-3 years in the league. Good luck tonight! I'll be watching the game. Go Jazz!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

another monster game from downtown by rubio. and hood. and thabo showing some initiative on offense. had a sick step back that is not his game but he drilled it like it was second nature. i loved our defense, we forced tons of turnovers and messed up tons of shots. it's the mavs, but winning when we're supposed to win has long been an achilles heel for us. they mounted a comeback, trimming a 16 pt lead down to 5, but we stuck with it. i love what i see when rubio's on the floor. maybe it's just his flopping hair, though.

btw, love the sig oefarmy
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I wouldn't stress the turnover thing. Looking at box scores, Ricky is averaging a ton of TO's, which is not his game. The thing is, his pass sometimes are so unexpected and so strong, that other players can't always handle them. There were some growing pains with that in Minnesota and I expect the same is going to be the case in Utah. Once your guys understand that with Rubio running point, a pass can be coming at any point, it will start working much better like it did in Minny. And trust me, Rubio's shot now is a night and day compared to what it was. The form still sucks, but he seems to be much more consistent on both his jumpshots and his layups than he was in the first 2-3 years in the league. Good luck tonight! I'll be watching the game. Go Jazz!
    Rubio is part of the problem so far, but he isn't the only one. I think it will be somewhat fixed, as we only had 14 tonight, but its certainly something that needs to be improved. Good win tonight. I only watched the 2nd half though when we destroyed them. what a good 2 game stretch for Rubio. Teams are going to dare him to shoot and to his credit he is shooting. still only making about 31% of his 3s though. Hood adds an element to this team that no one else really does. When he is making his shot he can just carry the offense.

24 turnovers and 16 steals is incredible. only 12 points off those turnovers is pretty incredible in its own right as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    another monster game from downtown by rubio. and hood. and thabo showing some initiative on offense. had a sick step back that is not his game but he drilled it like it was second nature. i loved our defense, we forced tons of turnovers and messed up tons of shots. it's the mavs, but winning when we're supposed to win has long been an achilles heel for us. they mounted a comeback, trimming a 16 pt lead down to 5, but we stuck with it. i love what i see when rubio's on the floor. maybe it's just his flopping hair, though.

btw, love the sig oefarmy
    I didn't make it, but it's never leaving my profile as long as Rubio is in the NBA. I just love his game. I don't know what it is about it, but he just plays hard on both ends. That's rare nowadays, especially at the position. Well, and he is underrated AF nationally, and especially on PSD. If he can sustain his production through 7 games for the season, you have a top 10 PG. He has been(at least should have been) in the conversation as a upper half starting PG for a few years now, and so far through his play from the second half of last season, FIBA and now 7 games, looks like a plus player shooting wise as well, which should only make overall game better. Hope he stays healthy. Great win for your(our ) squad!
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 10-31-2017 at 01:19 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I've been kinda surprised at Rubios turnover rating with Utah. I'm sure it's him getting used to the guys though. I used to be a point guard and I know how important it is to get familiar with your squad in order to know where they want their passes.

His shooting has been ok, nothing specially great about it, but people say it's bad, it's not by any means. He hass a bad follow through on his shot, but his shooting percentage isn't bad, and his shot decision is excellent.

Want to hear something funny though? As of right now Rubio is making 3% less of his threes than Steph Curry. Rubio is a whole lot better at choosing his shot though, and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't watch basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    I've been kinda surprised at Rubios turnover rating with Utah. I'm sure it's him getting used to the guys though. I used to be a point guard and I know how important it is to get familiar with your squad in order to know where they want their passes.

His shooting has been ok, nothing specially great about it, but people say it's bad, it's not by any means. He hass a bad follow through on his shot, but his shooting percentage isn't bad, and his shot decision is excellent.

Want to hear something funny though? As of right now Rubio is making 3% less of his threes than Steph Curry. Rubio is a whole lot better at choosing his shot though, and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't watch basketball.
    Rubio has a career AST/TO ratio of 3/1 and it's more like 1.9/1 with Utah. Trust me, it's him getting used to his teammates and even more so his teammates getting used to Rubio. You have to have your head on a swivel and always expect a pinpoint pass from Ricky, especially when you would expect it from other guards to even attempt it.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Great win tonight!!!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Hey guys, I found a PG from Minnesota, can I keep him?

Seriously though, Rubio and Mitchell are killing it, and I'm loving it. We've needed a good PG for a LONG time. Now it's looking like we have 2, and they play REALLY well together.

man people have said that if Ricky could ever shoot he would be awesome. lets hope this isn't a hot streak. I just love Mitchell. I think its just a matter of when he starts for this team. can't ignore Hood going 0-11 though. Sefolosha has been much better then I would have realized. awesome defender and not useless on offense.

I am impressed with Mitchell's defensive effort more than anything, rookies usually don't play D. I wouldn't be in a hurry to throw Mitchell into the fire, especially when you have a decent starting PG, but he looks like he definitely has some potential. I think Rubio will come down to earth a bit because he is definitely a streaky shooter, but if he can at least manage league average shooting percentages and clean up his TOs, he will be a huge plus for Utah. As I've said before, I wish he was still on my team - we'd probably be 7-1 because he runs the show so well.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    man people have said that if Ricky could ever shoot he would be awesome. lets hope this isn't a hot streak. I just love Mitchell. I think its just a matter of when he starts for this team. can't ignore Hood going 0-11 though. Sefolosha has been much better then I would have realized. awesome defender and not useless on offense.
    Thabo also seems to be a hell if a rebounder. He has proven to be an excellent pickup!

I'm afraid I'm going to jinx our squad if I say anything about tonights games, but I will say this. I'm having a lot more fun watching the games this year than I was last year. It seems to me like the guys are just having more fun out there. If we can keep our turnovers down we seem to be able to get W's.

Yup, I jinxed the team. Last time I talk about the game before it starts lol. That Toronto team is TOUGH. I would say they're the best team we've played so far. They're very good defensively, and are well coached to boot.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast