Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanklin View Post
    That wasn't no lock down defense in the fourth. It was porous as it gets but Denver couldn't make a shot to save their lives. Meanwhile, Burks caught on fire while Denver kept making stupid turnover after stupid turnover that lead to many buckets.

Jazz snuck out with the win TBH.
    Ca'mon man. You obviously didn't watch the 4th. You sound ignorant in trying to make this argument. Denver is a great NBA offensive team and only scored 13 points in the 4th. Listen up Spanklin. The Jazz are not going to win the championship this year, your Warriors are. But what we will be is a great defensive team. Arguing otherwise is just as ignorant at other fans saying the Warriors are not contenders. So please, just enjoy your team's success and don't trouble yourself with such meaningless things.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Hey Guys. Great effort by the Jazz last night. A lot of posters on the Wolves forum were cheering for you to win. I will be cheering for your squad all season, so I hope you don't mind it if I stop by from time to time. Rubio is absolutely adored by most Wolves fans, so I hope he and the Jazz have a successful 2017-2018 campaign.
    Thanks. We really appreciate it. Thanks for Rubio. I think he will be our PG long term. Wolves are set up nice for the future. I can see them becoming an elite team with more experience.

Yes, It's cool to hear that people like Rubio so much that they actually root for Utah. He's a pretty cool guy from what I've seen and heard so far. He also said he was going to donate money every time he got an assist to one of the Utah charities, that's super cool. Boy is his shot bad though lol. He's had quite a few open three pointers and his form is just wonky. As a result it doesn't go in, I'm convinced if you can change that form of his the three point % will go up.

Couple things from last week that I saw.
    1. The Wolves are really something this year, I personally think they'll be contenders, and they're only going to get better....
    2. I thought OKC was going to be really good this year, but honestly, they are mental man. They got REALLY frustrated with our defense and completely imploded. It was weird to see Carmelo Anthony, Paul George, AND Russell Westbrook all at the end of their rope. (And hilarious)

I'll take 2/3 wins every week, hopefully Rudy and Rubio can get more experience together and start to gel better, it's great to see Favors in fighting form again as well. Hopefully he can stay healthy the rest of the season.

I have heard that other teams just don't have chemistry yet and the jazz are just playing really well, and everything will come back to reality.

I think the Jazz are only going to get better. Right now, they have alot of turnovers, that will get better as they learn each other more and get used to a faster pace of play.

Mitchel has not been good offensively, but he is too good to keep shooting as poorly as he is, he will work his way to a 14 ppg a night guy.

Gobert has not looked dominant. He has looked good, but I think as the season moves on, he will find his groove.

Hood has been hurt to start the season, IF he can get healthy, he can be a 20 PPG scorer.

I understand that other teams are taking some time to find their rhythm, but so are the Jazz. I don't think the defense will improve much from what we are seeing right now, but I think their offense will improve.

Should be fun!

There is nothing in Hood's history that gives me confidence he can stay healthy. So far this season he has just proved more of the same. Smart of Dennis to wait on a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    I have heard that other teams just don't have chemistry yet and the jazz are just playing really well, and everything will come back to reality.

I think the Jazz are only going to get better. Right now, they have alot of turnovers, that will get better as they learn each other more and get used to a faster pace of play.

Mitchel has not been good offensively, but he is too good to keep shooting as poorly as he is, he will work his way to a 14 ppg a night guy.

Gobert has not looked dominant. He has looked good, but I think as the season moves on, he will find his groove.

Hood has been hurt to start the season, IF he can get healthy, he can be a 20 PPG scorer.

I understand that other teams are taking some time to find their rhythm, but so are the Jazz. I don't think the defense will improve much from what we are seeing right now, but I think their offense will improve.

Should be fun!
    I think that's a funny statement, we lost our best player in Hayward (probably not best now, but was last year). We also added 4 new people to replace guys we had last year, 2 of them were starters!! Our offense is definitely still learning how to play with each other, ESPECIALLY Rubio and Gobert.

Honestly, the biggest kicker in my book is the secondary unit we have, they are close to being on-par with our starters and are completely killing the other teams second unit lineup. Udoh right now on the season is +59 I think it was? (It was in the 50's) It truly is a team effort out there.

opening post updated for the 2nd week. I think last night is going to be a common thing. we don't have an inside presence or good drivers so when our shots aren't falling we are going to struggle on offense. man burks has been feast or famine so far this year.

Yeah, we just couldn't hit the ocean with a pebble last night. I'm not sure that's going to be a very common thing, De'Andre Jordon seems to be a really good matchup against Gobert, but not many people can guard Gobert. I would say probably Jordan and Whiteside is about it in the defense department. We were just missing completely wide open three's over and over again.

I will say I've been really surprised with our FA pickups. Sefalosha has been good and Udoh has been phenomenal in a backup center role.

We just need Mitchell to start hitting shots and if Hood could just be healthy...although it's been almost proven that's just not realistic.

Ugghhh... I am just venting... I am sure it isn't as bad as I feel it is and I know it will turn around... but Gobert has looked to be baby soft to start this season... We could make a number of posters of Gobert getting dunked on with such a young season. He is too competitive to not turn it around, so he will be fine. But just had higher expectations for him and have been disapointed so far.

God that was a crap performance against a crap team last night. Mitchell has been an absolute atrocity on offense after looking so promising. Is he even shooting 20% so far?

Also, we've been terrible in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Dunno how to fix that but it's a serious problem.
    Last edited by JAZZNC; 10-26-2017 at 09:09 AM.

It's a problem we had for years. Last year we seemed to have righted the ship, but it looks like it's back. Honestly, I think it's that we need to learn to gel with each-other. We really are a completely different team than we were last year.

Last nights game against Phoenix makes me want to throw up. They were playing hard, but they clearly weren't the better team, they got every single 50/50 ball and were hitting crazy shots. They hit a 3/4 court shot!!

Oh, our strength of schedule puts us at third most difficult schedule this year (basically tied with San Antonio Spurs and the Warriors). It was a significant drop after the first three.

Good W last night against a team we should beat. Mitchell finally found his offense and that dunk was NASTY!! Also good to get a win with Gobert not doing much. He has definitely had a bit of a slow start to the season. I'm sure some of that has to do with Favors actually looking like an NBA player this year again. He has really played well.

Gobert has been the leader in rebounds almost every game, he's been quietly playing well. Not as good as last year, but playing well. I suspect Mitchell will have games like he did with the Lakers throughout the season, but being that he's a rookie he's going to be inconsistent. Hopefully with this long stretch of home games we can get more practices in and start to gel a little bit.

Imagine that... a rookie playing like a rookie. What is the world coming to?

How about Rubio's night from downtown? That deserves a mention.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast