Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    This loss hurt. Deep down we all just wanted to stick it to Boston for stealing Hayward. We felt like this was a game we should win because they were so shorthanded. We had it and lost it. I'm sure we could blame the poor defense the last 2 minutes, or the lack of shooting on this team. The real reason we lost is because they are just a very well coached team. That doesn't take away from Quinn, he is awesome too. Brad Stevens adjustments in crunch time won this game. He exposed our weaknesses. Get used to it because this is exactly what teams will do in the playoffs.
    Tough loss last night. Boston's defense/coaching was really good. That 2-3 zone really made us look stupid on offense. I think that was the difference maker in the second half.

Honestly, the only reason we lost was because they almost shot 60% from the three. Something that absolutely isn't normal for any team. Open or not, teams just don't shoot that well. I thought the whole night that Boston will start to cool from three but they never did.

If they shoot even 50% we win by 10. If they shoot their normal % we win by almost 20. It sucks, but that's reality. They were hot, we were well defended. Our defense honestly wasn't bad, they just couldn't miss, hand if the face or not, they didn't miss.

last second 3 by a rookie... now i know how all those teams feel when they lose cuz of spida.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

thank goodness the Grizzlies wanted to lose this more then we wanted to win it. Couple of huge losses for OKC and NO. Jazz need sunday vs the Timberwolves who barely beat the Mavericks by one so they aren't paying much better.

updated records
    Jazz 47-35
    Portland 50-32
    Thunder-48-34
    Pelicans 47-35
    Spurs 47-35
    Timberwolves 48-34
    Nuggets 44-38
    Clippers 46-34

after nearly a straight month of all these teams not losing games they weren't supposed to they have suddenly all had bad loses or losses that they were favored in. I think a huge part of it for all these teams and especially the Jazz has to be fatigue. Mitchell and Ingles have never played close to this many minutes.

Big games today
    Houston @ San Antonio. I had this as a loss, but I think Houston might start winding down and resting guys. We need them to try this game and next saturday vs OKC.

Indiana @ LA.
    LA really needs this win. their schedule is hard enough without being down two games to get into the playoffs.

OKC @ NO
    I think we want NO to win this just because we have tie breakers over NO, but I don't think there is a bad outcome for us here.

Utah @ minnesota. this is obviously a huge game for us and for them. this also helps with 3 way tie breakers because of a 2-2 record instead of a 1-3 record.

Milwaukee @ Denver
    Another game where a loss for the 9th seed would be devastating. if they want to make the playoffs they have to win this.

Memphis @ portland. We still want Portland to clinch the #3 seed early so they don't have to try that last game and it becomes a much easier win although not a free like we saw vs the Celtics.

Well we put a beat down on the Wolves like we needed too!

felt nice having the Jazz make a ton of shots. Now sit in sixth all by ourselves.

Indiana @ LA wow. didn't see this coming. they have to win @ utah in a few games if they want to make the playoffs now.
    Clippers-45-34

OKC @ NO. NO has now lost 4 in a row. they get two games against tanking teams to maybe regroup though.
    OKC-48-34
    NO 46-36

Utah @ minnesota- huge win for the Jazz. Jazz could have a very easy schedule coming if hte Lakers don't show up and GS and Portland rests. Or that could be a tough 5 game gauntlet.
    Jazz 48-34
    Minny 47-35

Spurs have a fairly easy schedule playing Lakers, Clippers, Portland, Sacramento, and New Orleans. OKC plays Warriors, Rockets, Heat, and Grizzlies. If they loose their next 2 tough games we may have a window to take the 5 spot. A match up with the Spurs would be ideal. A series with Portland would be a battle.

Spurs have a fairly easy schedule playing Lakers, Clippers, Portland, Sacramento, and New Orleans. OKC plays Warriors, Rockets, Heat, and Grizzlies. If they loose their next 2 tough games we may have a window to take the 5 spot. A match up with the Spurs would be ideal. A series with Portland would be a battle.
    I wouldn't say its an easy schedule, but they probably go 4-1 or 3-2. Tonights game is a pretty big game for them.

the rankings of the remaining schedules
    1. OKC-.584
    2. Denver-.576
    3. Portland-.561
    4. Utah-.551
    5. Clippers-.539
    6. Spurs-.494-
    7. New Orleans-.472
    8. Minnesota-.450

One thing to keep in mind is that with 4-5 games left for all these teams getting to play one game vs a 25-53 kings who probably aren't any easier to play right now then the 33-53 lakers really changes the numbers.

Games Tonight
    GS @ OKC-Obviously wants GS to win. Lets see how much GS tries knowing their playoff spot is locked down.
    Portland @ dallas-We want Portland to win this just because we aren't catching them
    Indiana @ Denver-I think we actually want Denver to win this just so that
    San Antonio @ Clippers-We want the Clippers to win, but a loss for the clippers would put us really close to be a lock for the playoffs.
    Lakers @ Utah-Jazz have to take care of business vs the Lakers these next two games. the Lakers have been playing up or down to the competition so the Jazz can't be complacent.

I'd be fine playing anybody but the top 2 seeds. Doesn't matter where we end up as long as it's not 7 or 8. I like our chances against anybody else.

I wanna get the Blazers mainly because one of my buddies is a Portland fan and he's been talking a lot of junk all year...would love to see him eat some crow!

GS @ OKC might not matter in the end, but pretty nice for OKC to lose.
    Portland @ dallas-wow Portland has lost a few head scratchers lately.
    Indiana @ Denver-well Denver won which means that their games vs minny will be huge.
    San Antonio @ Clippers-another loss for a team that was ahead of us.
    Lakers @ Utah-Jazz - we won most importantly. #4 seed hype.

updated projected records

Portland 49-31
    Jazz 48-34
    Spurs 48-34
    Thunder 47-35
    Minnesota 47-35
    Pelicans 46-36
    Nuggets 45-37
    Clippers 45-37

if okc, spurs , and us tie we would be second in the tie breakers and if it broke down like that we have the tie breaker over the spurs.

I'd prefer to play the Blazers, especially with the ankle injury to Lillard. Although we have beat the Spurs 3 of 4 games I think it's difficult to beat Pop in a 7 game series, plus Kawhi could still end up playing. OK I admit I can't stand to watch another game with Ginobli. Beating the Spurs in the playoffs would be fun.

wow spurs lost to the Lakers. Just shows the Jazz can't overlook them in their next game.

Spurs -1 47-35
    pelicans-no change 46-36

I'd prefer to play the Blazers, especially with the ankle injury to Lillard. Although we have beat the Spurs 3 of 4 games I think it's difficult to beat Pop in a 7 game series, plus Kawhi could still end up playing. OK I admit I can't stand to watch another game with Ginobli. Beating the Spurs in the playoffs would be fun.
    obviously no lillard and the Blazers completely change, but assuming he is healthy the west has a ton of tough teams. Outside of the rockets I think we can beat any of them just as much as we can lose to any them.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    obviously no lillard and the Blazers completely change, but assuming he is healthy the west has a ton of tough teams. Outside of the rockets I think we can beat any of them just as much as we can lose to any them.
    I agree. I can see us beating or loosing to the Blazers, Spurs, Minnesota (if healthy) or the Thunder. I'm confident we would beat New Orleans, Denver, or the Clippers. There is no way we are beating Houston or especially the Warriors. I would love to join anyone in a dreamworld where we beat the Warriors or Rockets but I won't. If this is a single game playoff anything can happen, but in a 7 game series we loose every time. We need more time to develop and improve our roster before we are a legit threat to the NBA's best 2 teams. I would love to hear anyone's reasons why they think we have a chance.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast