Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Week 2 Game Thread

10/25 @ Suns 8pm MT
    10/28 vs Lakers 7pm MT
    10/30 vs Mavericks 7pm MT
    11/1 vs Trailblazers 7pm MT
    Last edited by dhopisthename; 10-25-2017 at 01:41 PM.

What a game! We were getting handled up through the third quarter and then just put the clamps on em. Burks was impressive off the bench. Mitchell just needs to get his shot to fall. Ingles must have just been waiting for the regular season to start as he had a solid game. Gobert looked good but has to cut down on the TO's. Overall a great way to start the season. We aren't great but we're gonna be a tough out for anybody.

yeah really good win. 28-13 in the fourth is crazy and that includes I think 2 3's during garbage time. I thought for a while we were going to lose this game, but that run was something incredible.

Our defense was not very aggressive in the first 3 quarters. If we are able to force ourselves to play with that defensive intensity the whole game, we will have a historically great defense this year. That kind of defense takes energy. But we should be able to sustain it because of our depth.

Also, our bench is where we made runs in both half, and this was against the Nuggets who experts believe have a very good bench.

I feel referees are going to have a big impact on how we do each night. If they call ticky tack fouls, that will impact how aggressive we can be on defense. If we are not aggressive on defense, we will have a hard time matching up with teams toe to toe offensively.

Was surprised not to see Jerebko play at all. However, I really like Udoh, so I wouldn't want to give up any minutes from Udoh. And Favors played well, so liking what I see from him as well.

David Locke pointed out that they are one of the top tier offensive teams in the NBA, and we LOCKED THEM DOWN in the 3rd-4th quarter. Which is a great sign.

A couple keys I found from the Denver game.

1. Mitchell looks great, but he's wildly inefficient right now. It will get better, but it shows that he's a rookie.
    2. Gobert honestly looked sluggish, I'm sure he's a little rusty right now, he'll get better throughout the season no doubt, and he had 18 point on the team (on 9 shots)
    3. Favors is back baby!! He gained muscle big time this off-season and looks much leaner. Hopefully we can get a good season from him.
    4. Hood was hurt....again....first game of the season.....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    David Locke pointed out that they are one of the top tier offensive teams in the NBA, and we LOCKED THEM DOWN in the 3rd-4th quarter. Which is a great sign.

1. Mitchell looks great, but he's wildly inefficient right now. It will get better, but it shows that he's a rookie.
    2. Gobert honestly looked sluggish, I'm sure he's a little rusty right now, he'll get better throughout the season no doubt, and he had 18 point on the team (on 9 shots)
    3. Favors is back baby!! He gained muscle big time this off-season and looks much leaner. Hopefully we can get a good season from him.
    That wasn't no lock down defense in the fourth. It was porous as it gets but Denver couldn't make a shot to save their lives. Meanwhile, Burks caught on fire while Denver kept making stupid turnover after stupid turnover that lead to many buckets.

Jazz snuck out with the win TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanklin View Post
    That wasn't no lock down defense in the fourth. It was porous as it gets but Denver couldn't make a shot to save their lives. Meanwhile, Burks caught on fire while Denver kept making stupid turnover after stupid turnover that lead to many buckets.

Thanks bandwagon Warriors fan!! Certainly appreciate your input

Quote Originally Posted by Spanklin View Post

Sounds like someone is cranky from losing a 20 point lead to lose a game. Are you just upset that Utah has a better record than the Warriors right now?

Oh, and for the record, that WAS lock down defense, especially from our guards. If you think I'm being a homer, how about a little article from the Denver side of things?

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2017/10...ah-jazz-106-96

They talk about Utah's defense in the 4th quarter that stops them. (Denver is one of the best offenses in the NBA btw). Their defense is lacking, but Denver offensively is stout. Utah being able to stop them and win is a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Thanks bandwagon Warriors fan!! Certainly appreciate your input
    What in the world are you talking about? We most certainly do not appreciate his input. It's less than worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post

Gobert will be fine. We didn't lose much with Gobert off the court cuz Udoh had a good defensive showing. Hood is being Hood, I just hope this first game was an aberration. And freaking hell, AB!
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    What in the world are you talking about? We most certainly do not appreciate his input. It's less than worthless.

Gobert will be fine. We didn't lose much with Gobert off the court cuz Udoh had a good defensive showing. Hood is being Hood, I just hope this first game was an aberration. And freaking hell, AB!
    Sarcasm, it's a thing.

Hey Guys. Great effort by the Jazz last night. A lot of posters on the Wolves forum were cheering for you to win. I will be cheering for your squad all season, so I hope you don't mind it if I stop by from time to time. Rubio is absolutely adored by most Wolves fans, so I hope he and the Jazz have a successful 2017-2018 campaign.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Hey Guys. Great effort by the Jazz last night. A lot of posters on the Wolves forum were cheering for you to win. I will be cheering for your squad all season, so I hope you don't mind it if I stop by from time to time. Rubio is absolutely adored by most Wolves fans, so I hope he and the Jazz have a successful 2017-2018 campaign.
    Yeah, it was a good game. Rubio tried his hardest but Crawford just went bonkers in the 4th. Can't control that. Friggin Hood is hurt....AGAIN!! Rubio owned Teague last night, and I wanted us to go after Teague....so maybe Rubio wanted to prove me wrong too haha. I really think if Mitchell can find any semblance of a shot we will be ok.

so's encouraging idiots, apparently.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 10-22-2017 at 01:59 AM.

-chipurmunki

another great win. one more play and we could be 3-0 against 3 teams rated higher then us.

and in our division, too. that might be huge when we hit the playoff stretch. we've also proven we can score and defend at a high rate through 3 games. i like what i've seen so far.

-chipurmunki

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast