Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    we didn't need them to be as our starters alone outscored the magic... without favors.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

so crazy that we can't move up despite winning 15/17 last games. The defense lately has been incredible although I think mitchell is playing his worst ball right now.

Well, we're now 3 games out of having home court advantage in the first round. Beats being 10 back. The gap between 3rd and 10th is incredibly small, and the only reason we're sniffing playoffs is our streak. It's not like winning 15/17 had been a waste.

-chipurmunki

for sure. Today is a huge game.

what a good game. Jazz finished it off well though and the streak continues. They are playing so well.

And we'll finish the day in 10th place still.....

have to win our next 5.

Spurs to lose tonight, who would have thought they'd be the first team we'd overtake.

8 spot, and 2 games back of 4th. Spurs will keep falling, and I reckon the nuggets will drop off a bit.

-chipurmunki

Go figure we move up 2 spots on a night we don't even play Haha! I'll take it though. We are playing really really well so I definitely see us making the playoffs, just a matter of where we end up seeding wise. Much rather face the Rockets than the Warriors so I'd like that 4 or 5 seed

imagine losing Hayward and coming right back as the 5th seed. How many other franchises have lost their face and come back in such a way.

Tonight should be our toughest game for a while, I hope we don't lose focus during this homestand.

At this point every player knows exactly what needs to happen in order for us to make the playoffs, so I don't think we're going to lose any focus. If we would have, it would have been more towards the all-star break.

Advanced metrics wise, we're actually better this year than we were last year. In fact fivethirtyeight has this team ranked as the best Utah team since 2010.

As far as standings go, I honestly don't think that the Pelicans are going to make the playoffs. The have 6 games in 8 days coming up against rough teams. There's absolutely no way they win even half of those in my opinion.

The Nuggets also have a really rough schedule the rest of the way, so if any teams are left out I would say it's those 2 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjarree View Post
    imagine losing Hayward and coming right back as the 5th seed. How many other franchises have lost their face and come back in such a way.

Tonight should be our toughest game for a while, I hope we don't lose focus during this homestand.
    We are very fortunate Mitchell has been as good as he's been. If he ended up being an Alex Burks or a Trey Burke we'd be HORRIBLE. But we got a steal and he's been more than you could ask for as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    We are very fortunate Mitchell has been as good as he's been. If he ended up being an Alex Burks or a Trey Burke we'd be HORRIBLE. But we got a steal and he's been more than you could ask for as a rookie.
    I don't understand how other teams didn't see Mitchell being awesome. After the first summer league game I was shock and awed by him, I remember telling you all during Summer League that he was something I've never seen out of a rookie Summer League player. I didn't expect him to be THIS good his rookie season, two 40 point games on less than 20 shots? That's just crazy numbers. But he was explosive right out of the gate from the first game he played.

Just shows you tanking isn't everything, and finding the right player in the draft is EVERYTHING.

We valued him more than anyone else, as evidenced by our trading up for him. As great as Mitchell is and has been, I'm as big of a fan as there is of Spida, Rubio's offense has meant more to our rise, imo. To go from can't be counted on to the main contributor via passing and newfound shooting ability... If he doesn't score like he has been, we'd still be losing despite Spida.

-chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Go figure we move up 2 spots on a night we don't even play Haha! I'll take it though. We are playing really really well so I definitely see us making the playoffs, just a matter of where we end up seeding wise. Much rather face the Rockets than the Warriors so I'd like that 4 or 5 seed
    Lol, go figure. This season has been really weird. I think the Spurs have a good shot at missing as well.

I think I might rather play GS, as our record vs them is pretty good this year and we are always getting demolished by the rockets.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 03-13-2018 at 05:30 PM.

-chipurmunki

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast