Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1589
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    If weíre going the trade route, Iíd prefer to get a lesser big man like Myles Turner. I donít think the Pacers give him up unless theyíre blown away by an offer though. That said, Turner is someone that would compliment Irving/Horford/JB/JT/eventually Hayward very well for much cheaper than AD. Plus, heís young, talented, and fits the timeline (not a max player, contract up at a good time for bird rights).

At this point they donít need to blow up half the roster and ship away a really good young player like Brown and Tatum for a transcendent big like AD. You might get lucky with a draft pick OR you can get a very nice piece and hope that Jaylen/Jayson hit their immense ceilings. You essentially end up with a top 15 player (Irving), potentially 4 top 30-35 players with upside (Brown, Tatum, Horford, Hayward), and a top 65ish player with upside (Turner). Thatís more than enough to win.

And what exactly would we have to trade to Indy for their franchise player?

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    When I was at the game the other day Brown's form at the line was fine except one glaring issue, and one smaller one.

He goes up on his tip toes, but doesn't continue that move upward to his arms. He just freezes, then shoots. It's not at all a relaxing position AND its hard to duplicate the height every time - esp when cool off the bench or deep into a 10 minute shift. Relaxation is well under rated in shooting fouls. Confidence is also crucial, you have to believe every shot is going in, regardless of the results.

When you are 11 years old and not that strong, using that upward energy can help, but he's a big guy with a strong frame, all his movement should be above the waist.

His upper arm, elbow, forearm, and palm are all good, maybe above average in form, but then instead of continuing the motion of his fingers - at about 70% towards the basket he goes from a liquid motion to a hard push. That's usually the way big strong guys screw up. It's the belief in strength over coaching, and fear of missing - so you need that little extra bit. Your fingers really ought to finish like "dead fish" joining at the 5 tips.

Brown has so much strength, and so much of it in fast twitch muscles, he's got a ways to go. Still, I'm starting to sour on the Davis move. We'd have to get rid of a max (Horford) and Brown and a pick to do it. No thanks. Horford is key to overall cohesion of the team and Brown is a potential top 15 player. If the Lakers pick hits I'm going with the kid and forget Davis.
    Agree - its a team game in the end and we're over the cap no matter what we do - getting rid of young assets would be foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Forget about positions, size and type of skill... IMO JT will be Curry and JB will be Klay... A superstar and a star... Not bad to have on your team...
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...ry-496422.html

Someone agrees with me...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Iíd like to read it but wonít load...

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    And what exactly would we have to trade to Indy for their franchise player?
    First off, Oladipo is very clearly their franchise player. Secondly, who knows? Did anyone think Indy got a good return for PG13 at the time he was traded (who is a better/more proven player than Turner)? For all we know, they could be in love with someone not named JT/JB on our roster (like they were with Oladipo/Sabonis) and/or might want a decent treasure chest of draft picks. I know that itíll be much less expensive than AD would be which is my whole point. I donít get your implied argument if youíre saying Turner would cost as much or more than AD.

Again, I started my post by saying that I donít think Indy will trade him. They have no reason to trade him. Itís spitballing while also agreeing with others that AD will cost way too much.
    Last edited by BostonBoy; 01-10-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    First off, Oladipo is very clearly their franchise player. Secondly, who knows? Did anyone think Indy got a good return for PG13 at the time he was traded (who is a better/more proven player than Turner)? For all we know, they could be in love with someone not named JT/JB on our roster (like they were with Oladipo/Sabonis) and/or might want a decent treasure chest of draft picks. I know that itíll be much less expensive than AD would be which is my whole point. I donít get your implied argument if youíre saying Turner would cost as much or more than AD.

Again, I started my post by saying that I donít think Indy will trade him. They have no reason to trade him. Itís spitballing while also agreeing with others that AD will cost way too much.
    You clearly arenít giving up Brown/Tatum/Horford/Kyrie/Hayward for Turner.

I was simple asking what we would have left to trade for him? Smart/Morris and a pick?

Where did the Myles Turner trade talk start...??? I don't see why Indy would trade him... Turner and Sabonis could be a nice frontcourt pairing for their future...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Turner - not bad, hits 3's well enough now that he could be killer later. Good BS. Still not a real tough inside guy. There isn't enough of what we need to go after him. He's going to be getting a new deal in what 1.5 years? He's going to go for over $15M so both of our back court guys would have to go probably.

It would cost not just any #1 pick, but probably a #7ish 1st, and a meh 1st, plus a minor player or two for the sal match, assuming that they even want to deal him.

If we look hard I'm sure we can find a dozen guys well more likely to be dealt here.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Where did the Myles Turner trade talk start...??? I don't see why Indy would trade him... Turner and Sabonis could be a nice frontcourt pairing for their future...

Just talk, donít thinks anyone thinks itís an actual possibility.

Sounds like Clippers are trying to pick up Lou Williams now. Smart move for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post

Sounds like Clippers are trying to pick up Lou Williams now. Smart move for them.
    Surprised and not surprised... He's 31 with alot of NBA mileage, but he still can score the ball...

Reggie Lewis

Surprised and not surprised... He's 31 with alot of NBA mileage, but he still can score the ball...
    Keep fans in the seats while the Lakers still suck lol

Makings of a trap game.

Just getting manhandled. Atrocious defense in the 1st half.

This offense is showing something in Europe. Glad I'm not watching this on tv right now
    Last edited by bosox1899; 01-11-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Wow, offense isn't much better.

Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast