Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bears

    4 66.67%
  • Panthers

    2 33.33%
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 475
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    64,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Hopefully Jackson, Amos, and Fuller can be mainstays in our secondary for a long time. Would certainly help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sold on Fuller just yet. He needs to string together several more of these games.

    Prince however, I think he deserves a long look as an extension candidate if he can stay healthy. He's likely never going to have eye popping stats, but he's rarely out of place in coverage and teams don't really throw at him. If he and Amos keep up this kind of coverage you're essentially cutting the field in half and asking the other DB's (Fuller, Cooper, Callahan, Jackson) to make plays on the ball.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-18-2017 at 12:57 AM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    23,792
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm not sold on Fuller just yet. He needs to string together several more of these games.

    Prince however, I think he deserves a long look as an extension candidate if he can stay healthy. He's likely never going to have eye popping stats, but he's rarely out of place in coverage and teams don't really throw at him. If he and Amos keep up this kind of coverage you're essentially cutting the field in half and asking the other DB's (Fuller, Cooper, Callahan, Jackson) to make plays on the ball.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I agree, but if he can keep this up over the course of the season, it's definitely exciting for the future of the team if he can pan out. Especially since he's one of those picks from that Emery era.

    If we can grab Trumaine Johnson in that scenario, it's hard not to be excited about that secondary as it continues to grow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    43,154

    Carolina Panthers (4-2) @ Chicago Bears (2-4) | 10/22/17 | 12:00 pm CDT

    Fuller was solid in 2015 too people just donít wanna give him props for whatever reason cuz he was DB 2 . Heís been aggressive all season long overall the secondary hasnít been killed like that and they faced some great WRs.

    Only time the games been out of hand is when Glennon out the entire defense in bad spots


    https://twitter.com/pff/status/894608102745657344

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,683
    At least its nice to have fuller and company on the feild. And while the beastly performamce last game was just that. One game. Overall our secondary has been good. If not dare I say it. Great. Yes we are missing the TO. But we are 8th in the league in fewest passing yards per game now. Despite the fact that we have played pass heavy teams like TB. (2nd) Atlanta (6th) Pittsburg (11th) Minnisota (12th) and GB (15th but likely higher if not for rodgers INJ last week. )

    I mean. When u look at that thata pretty impressive. That said i can't deny some of those stats may. Be somewhat skewed as a few of those glennon tossed the game away making it irrelevant but still.

    Not a single game This year have i felt like a team was picking on our secondary. There have been a few bad plays here and there. But overall its hard to be upset with anyone at this point. Ok. Some of u probably still hate cooper for that bone headed play. But still


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Fuller was solid in 2015 too people just donít wanna give him props for whatever reason cuz he was DB 2 . Heís been aggressive all season long overall the secondary hasnít been killed like that and they faced some great WRs.

    Only time the games been out of hand is when Glennon out the entire defense in bad spots


    https://twitter.com/pff/status/894608102745657344
    I think that was because despite his good production statistically via advanced stats. To the average fan it was a quite year. Similar to amos. Who didn't make splash plays. Or break up many balls. But that's because they were covering well enough to force the ball elsewhere. Rarely did we see games where fuller was even targeted in 2015 much. And thats not a bad thing. I think most just wanted to see more big plays.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    43,154

    Carolina Panthers (4-2) @ Chicago Bears (2-4) | 10/22/17 | 12:00 pm CDT

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think that was because despite his good production statistically via advanced stats. To the average fan it was a quite year. Similar to amos. Who didn't make splash plays. Or break up many balls. But that's because they were covering well enough to force the ball elsewhere. Rarely did we see games where fuller was even targeted in 2015 much. And thats not a bad thing. I think most just wanted to see more big plays.
    And fuller still lead us in ints that year lol People just get upset cuz he wasnít the shut down corner but he can be a solid number 2 and thatís just as important . If you can find a true 1 your secondary is close to being a done deal. If Fuller needs to be paid regardless imo and if he has a Big year not picking up the option can bite us if we gotta use that franchise tag
    Last edited by Stunner; 10-18-2017 at 02:25 AM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,683
    FWIW.

    PFF grades on bears CBs this year

    Prince Amakamura 85.5 (12th CB)
    Kyle Fuller 54.6 (73rd CB)
    Marcus Cooper 62.7 (67th CB)
    Bryce Calahan 79.2 (43rd CB )
    Crevon Leblanc 48.0 (essemtially unrated)
    Sherrick Mcmanis 62.4(essemtially unrated)

    Adrian Amos 87.7 (6th S)
    Eddie Jacksom 75.3 (40th S)
    Demps 43.4 (72nd S)
    Deon Bush 71.5 (unrated)
    Deamdre Houston Carson 60.2 (unrated)

    Fwiw. I'm not sure why some guys are unrated despite having higher PFF scores. May have something to do with special teams or # of snaps.

    But right now. To have the 12th best CB and 6th best safety. Definitly makes u feel a bit better.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    And fuller still lead us in ints that year lol People just get upset cuz he wasnít the shut down corner but he can be a solid number 2 and thatís just as important . If you can find a true 1 your secondary is close to being a done deal. If Fuller needs to be paid regardless imo and if he has a Big year not picking up the option can bite us if we gotta use that franchise tag
    Im not opposed to paying fuller but it comes down to how much. I'm not sure i want to tag him. I like him. But im not sure that much. Only time will tell. But i would expect a similar approach to what happened to alshon with fuller. I hope for a different outcome. But bears will make an offer. Fuller will test FA to see if he can get more. And we may try and match. Or we may find somebody else.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    64,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Fuller was solid in 2015 too people just donít wanna give him props for whatever reason cuz he was DB 2 . Heís been aggressive all season long overall the secondary hasnít been killed like that and they faced some great WRs.

    Only time the games been out of hand is when Glennon out the entire defense in bad spots


    https://twitter.com/pff/status/894608102745657344
    People don't want to give him credit because he still has a tendency to get lost in coverage and give up some big plays as a result. Teams target him a lot for that reason.

    If he can get back to same level he was at in 2015 then there's nothing wrong with him as your 2nd CB. His last couple games have been encouraging, but there's nothing wrong with hoping for more consistency before we talk about extending him.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-18-2017 at 02:56 AM.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    FWIW.

    PFF grades on bears CBs this year

    Prince Amakamura 85.5 (12th CB)
    Kyle Fuller 54.6 (73rd CB)
    Marcus Cooper 62.7 (67th CB)
    Bryce Calahan 79.2 (43rd CB )
    Crevon Leblanc 48.0 (essemtially unrated)
    Sherrick Mcmanis 62.4(essemtially unrated)

    Adrian Amos 87.7 (6th S)
    Eddie Jacksom 75.3 (40th S)
    Demps 43.4 (72nd S)
    Deon Bush 71.5 (unrated)
    Deamdre Houston Carson 60.2 (unrated)

    Fwiw. I'm not sure why some guys are unrated despite having higher PFF scores. May have something to do with special teams or # of snaps.

    But right now. To have the 12th best CB and 6th best safety. Definitly makes u feel a bit better.
    I would imagine it has something to do with snap count

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22,453
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I would imagine it has something to do with snap count

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ding ding ding

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    43,154
    https://twitter.com/adamhoge/status/920653307286257664



    And

    lol browns going back to Kizer

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    43,154

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    43,154

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    43,154

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •