Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bears

4 66.67%
  • Panthers

2 33.33%
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    dude, we are 1 day out of the game. i get your trying to keep control of the forum or whatever but this is still a viable topic to discuss.
    It's been thoroughly discussed. Now it's just going to cause problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

So, continuing with the why the heck are we not utilizing Wright more theme, this just makes no damn sense to me.

Kevin Fishbain
    Kevin Fishbain
    @kfishbain
    Tanner Gentry led Bears skill players with 76/80 snaps. 25 for Wright and 19 for Shaheen. Floyd played 72/73 snaps on D.
    Something to do with his blocking being suspect?

Kevin Fishbain
    Kevin Fishbain
    @kfishbain

4h
    Replying to @kfishbain
    Kendall Wright was on the field for 14 of Trubiskyís 16 pass plays (per press box notes). So his role in the pass game was still important

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    So, continuing with the why the heck are we not utilizing Wright more theme, this just makes no damn sense to me.

Jesus, that's stupid. So the defense knows if Wright is on the field, we're passing

Edit: not even that. 14 v 11 snaps in pass v run.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

His usage has been puzzling all season IMO. He's the only WR that's been able to consistently get open, usually right in the middle of the field too (which is a nice safety valve for Trubisky). He's played the most snaps of all of them (this season), but they rarely ran 3 wide sets against Baltimore. I think it was gameplan dependent, but I agree he should be used more often.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    And how many of those passing plays were quick drop and throw type plays, Kyben? Or do I need to start giving you examples? Youíre the only person defending this horrendous playcalling.
    Quick drop and throws HA. So what u want screens or slants. Quick outs. FWIW. Didn't we try slants last game. It didn't work. We dont have the receivers to create space on slants. Or the hands to make a contested catch. I think what is amaxing is listening to mitch talk about going through reads and nobody is open. i mean Sims TD was the 3rd option on that play.

To pretend its simply play calling is BS. We dont have anyone who can run a good crisp route. Or make contested catches. Especially against a top 5 secondary. U can call whatever route u want but this isn't madden where u can run drags and slants and succede.

I mean somebody mentioned running slants and drags but we could see even on mitches run sims had a guy running steide for stride with him. There just were not those quick options u talk about. I think its funny that u blame play calling solely when we could see multiple times on replay no a soul was running open. I mean typically once or twice a game u see receivers throw their arms up open and upset. I didn't see that once last game the lack of receiving talent is evident

I mean unfortunatly Wright has to be on the field blocking or not. He the only semblance of a starting receiver we have.

How can tre mcbride play 76% of snaps while Write plays just 31%.

I feel like this is going to be a rough game for us. I predict our offense will struggle and our defense will have an average performance (with hopefully at least one takeway). Above all else, I can't help but feel that the Panthers and McCaffrey are going to show us how we should be using Cohen...
    Last edited by Full-Size Ditka; 10-16-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    I feel like this is going to be a rough game for us. I predict our offense will struggle and our defense will have an average performance (with hopefully at least one takeway). Above all else, I can't help but feel that the Panthers and McCaffrey are going to show us how we should be using Cohen...
    I get the feeling it will be this last game almost to a T. But the panthers offense actually can do things. A lot will hinge on our D. But i think its a game where we end up down about 10 in the 3rd and have to throw run first out the window.

It will come down to how mitch handles that. But i am betting it won't go well. I just don't think we have the talent around mitch to make him successful. Enough to be a game winning type QB right now. He can manage games with this support. But to expect hin to be the key to an offense like this is asking A lot.

Carolina will probably win but I'm not going to rule out an upset. Eventually they are going to let him throw the ball.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    FWIW

5 play sample bassed on our last game vs Baltimore

Pass 5 play sample

2 INC for 0 yards
    2 completions for an average of 14 yards a peice
    1 sack for an average of -6.75

TOTAL YARDS averaged for 5 plays 21.25
    21.25/5= 4.25 Yards per pass

Run 5 play sample

5 strait runs averaging 3.98 yards per run

TOTAL YARDS averaged for 5 plays 19.9 yards
    19.9/5= 3.98 Yards per run

So for all the complaining about we need to pass more. based on the game stats we are complaining about a .27 yards per play diference between them.

the pass game was shut down by an elite defense and the run game was working. so why not ride the hot hand instead of trying to force a square peg (passing) into a round hole ( a defense who is terrible vs the run but great against the pass)
    The point isn't that we would have gotten 0.27 more yards per play if we passed.

The point is that you need to utilize your QB and RBs to open up the game for both facets of offense while playing to control TOP. We did none of those.
    2017 Chicago Bears Wide Receiver Corps

Bears add WR Nelson Spruce to the PS , might remember him from hard knocks with the Rams

https://youtu.be/Eu3t4IIQF2g

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    The point isn't that we would have gotten 0.27 more yards per play if we passed.

The point is that you need to utilize your QB and RBs to open up the game for both facets of offense while playing to control TOP. We did none of those.
    Basically this.

Was Zach Miller putting money in his safe in his stupid celebration?
    They were cooking eggs and eating them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast