Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's up with Gary Sanchez?

'In the fifth, that big play at the plate — Greg Bird thrown out — included conspicuous evidence that as Bird slid, on-deck batter Gary Sanchez stood off to the side, just watching. He was in no position to gesture if Bird should slide, let alone to which side of the plate.

And while that went ignored — or at least unspoken — more silence when Sanchez led off the sixth, striking out swinging. The ball kicked away. But instead of running toward first, forcing a throw, Sanchez walked to the dugout.

N.Y. Post's Phil Mushnick

I agree with the author. Not legging it out? Gotta be kidding me. Especially for a second year player and in a playoff game no less. Jeter was legging it out in the last games of his career like he was trying to make the team. Somebody, hopefully will pull him aside. But this is just not some isolated happening. I have seen him do this a number of times during the season. Wake up Gary. Bad enough you are just learning how to catch a ball in the dirt.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

I would suggest stoning him to death for all his mistakes. **** him for not being perfect at every aspect of the game in his first full season and first career postseason!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I suggest trading him to the Pirates for Chris Stewart.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I suggest trading him to the Pirates for Chris Stewart.
    Nooo. Trade him for Shane Greene.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 10-16-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Jakes new Baseball Card

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I would suggest stoning him to death for all his mistakes. **** him for not being perfect at every aspect of the game in his first full season and first career postseason!

The criticism he gets is out of whack and strange, but the things the OP listed I don't think you can chalk up to what you're saying. First year playing or 15th and the expectation for running out dropped strikes or telling a teammate when to slide at home is the same - you do it. Those aren't things that should take experience to learn.

And remember, we're talking about a guy who once lost all his shine as a prospect because of poor effort and dedication. So the fact that he isn't doing these pure effort type of things is somewhat of an issue, IMO. You worry about him regressing to his poor work ethic of the past now that he might feel as though he's made it.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    The criticism he gets is out of whack and strange, but the things the OP listed I don't think you can chalk up to what you're saying. First year playing or 15th and the expectation for running out dropped strikes or telling a teammate when to slide at home is the same - you do it. Those aren't things that should take experience to learn.

And remember, we're talking about a guy who once lost all his shine as a prospect because of poor effort and dedication. So the fact that he isn't doing these pure effort type of things is somewhat of an issue, IMO. You worry about him regressing to his poor work ethic of the past now that he might feel as though he's made it.
    I agree with this, but I also think that he's slow and his legs hurt from catching so much, so I see where him not running hard to 1B happens (though it shouldn't on a called third strike). I also think that the moment is big for him and he needs to relax and play the game, so that he doesn't make a mental mistake. He was probably in the on deck circle so self-absorbed in what he was going to do in his at bat that he didn't focus on his responsibilities after Judge's hit. (who knows maybe if Judge would get a few more hits, Sanchez wouldn't be sleeping when Judge does get one).

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

I'm still laughing about this post. Very funny.

all this stuff is way overblown because he is struggling at the plate... Jeter gets a pass from everyone but i seem to remember moments of laziness from him. jeter got away with alot and rightfully so but they are giving Sanchez the same treatment as "lazy Cano". And nobody really knows the work he puts in outside of game day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I'm still laughing about this post. Very funny.
    It really is very funny especially that Sanchez is the greatest catcher who ever played. He is so great he is excused for not hustling to first on a third strike in a championship series.

He makes Yogi Berra's career look like he was a Little Leaguer and he is obviously much better than Munson ever hoped to be.

He is just lucky that Thurm is not around to chew him a new butt in the dugout in front of everyone.

-- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    It really is very funny especially that Sanchez is the greatest catcher who ever played. He is so great he is excused for not hustling to first on a third strike in a championship series.

He makes Yogi Berra's career look like he was a Little Leaguer and he is obviously much better than Munson ever hoped to be.

He is just lucky that Thurm is not around to chew him a new butt in the dugout in front of everyone.
    Players shouldn't do that! It's a family game! Think about the children!

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

i gotta agree with this. Problem is, players who are like this absolutely never change, and there's not a single person on the roster who has gone through this and who could potentially mentor him.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Players shouldn't do that! It's a family game! Think about the children!
    You make a good point. Not in the dugout in front of everyone but in the clubhouse. You really can't show that on MLB Tonight.

Thurm was great. I forget the player but he was constantly complaining about everything. Out loud in the clubhouse Thurm walked up to him and yelled in his face, 'Everyone is sick and tired of your constant *****ing so how about you just STFU or retire?'

That put an end to the complaining.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I heard Thurm was so bad azz that he actually had 2 dicks. He never chewed anyone's arse. He kicked them and took their names.
    Even his death wasn't an accident, he was angry at the earth and told it he was going kick it's azz. Rumor has it, if you go to that spot, you can still hear the earth weeping from the pain he inflicted.

I wonder what he would have said the last two games.

Jakes new Baseball Card

What is up with Gary?

What is up with up?

What is a tree?

Do you like hamburgers?

How many planets can you eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    What is up with Gary?

What is up with up?

What is a tree?

Do you like hamburgers?

How many planets can you eat?
    Theater of the absurd?

Or are these more existential philosophical queries?
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast