Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Week 7: Denver Broncos (3-2) @ Los Angeles Chargers (2-4)

Week 7

(3_ -_2)_____________________ (2_ -_ 4)

Denver___________Los Angeles

____@ __________

Sunday, October 22nd, 4:25 PM ET, CBS
    StubHub Center, Carson, CA

TEAM LEADERS:

VS

PASSING:

Trevor Siemian - COMP 108 / ATT 176 / TD 8 / INT 6 / YDS 1264
    Philip Rivers - COMP 141/ ATT 230 / TD 10 / INT 5 / YDS 1633

VS

RUSHING:
    C.J. Anderson - ATT 82 / YDS 347 / AVG 4.2 / TD 1
    Melvin Gordon - ATT 99 / YDS 356 / AVG 3.6 / TD 3

VS

RECEIVING:
    Demaryius Thomas - REC 28 / YDS 380 / AVG 13.6 / TD 0
    Keenan Allen - REC 33 / YDS 446 / AVG 13.5/ TD 1

VS

TACKLES:
    Brandon Marshall - SOLO 11 / AST 12 / TOT 35
    Jatavis Brown - SOLO 33 / AST 16 / TOT 49

VS

SACKS:
    Von Miller - SACKS 5.0 / FF 0
    Melvin Ingram - SACKS 7.5 / FF 1

VS

INTERCEPTIONS:
    Aqib Talib - INT 1 / PD 4 / TD 1
    Casey Hayward - INT 0 / PD 7 / TD 0

VS

FIELD GOALS:
    Brandon McManus - ATT 13 / MADE 8
    Nick Novak - ATT 4 / MADE 3

SPECIAL TEAMS RETURN:
    Broncos - KR ATT 8 / KR AVG 28.6 / KR TD 0 / PR ATT 15 / PR AVG 9.7 / PR TD 0
    Chargers - KR ATT 10 / KR AVG 18.7 / KR TD 0 / PR ATT 12 / PR AVG 6.3 / PR TD 0

Mud, these game threads are a ***** to make. So much attention to detail.

Well I'm a lot less confident in this game lol. If we play like we did last night, this is a loss.

Siemian having an MRI on his left shoulder today. That might make today Brocktober 16th.

On the fan today they said that Siemian has earned the right to play for his job. I agree with that, but at the same time if Siemian doesn't dramatically improve against the Chargers, he's gotta get the hook.

Trevor has earned the right to play or his job. Whether folks like it or not...he's EARNED it...fair and square for the past two seasons.

In each case, the Broncos bass never actually wanted him to start. He's simply been the best option. Think about it. His first year...we wanted to keep Brock, trade for Colin Kapernick, and wanted Mark Sanchez to win the job.

2nd year. We wanted Tony Romo and Paxton Lynch to be our starting option. Once again, Trevor ended up winning the competition.

Knew this from the start. Trevor has been our best option to win now but he's been the reluctant option. the sacrificial pawn of sorts.

Been very patient with Trevor because he has shown me he has ability to lead and win on offense. He still is very capable but these past two weeks (with a bye week in between) have just been astonishing in his rapid regressing. It's not just his reads...it's just his overall feel at the QB play. He simply looks shook...it's like he's just playing QB for the first time.

If this game starts off like against the Giants...you pull him. Rivers and company are going to have it as a blow out by then.

I don't trust our defense to make a stand here either. You want to be the leagues best you don't let a completely decimated team like the Giants come in and do that to you.

Hopefully we can start better than we did last week. You can tell which team came off a BYE (still wondering if they are there) and which team has been grinding it out. If we come out strong, I have a good feeling about our chances

The Benefits of Being the 2016 Super Bowl 50 Champions!

In Elway I Trust

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    I'm getting heavy deja vu with this team right now. Last year Siemian started hot then tailed off heavily once he got banged up and banged around for a few games, same thing is happening this year. McCoy's play calling is making us one dimensional and predictable, same things happened his last year and half with us.

Need a W in a bad way this week, if not it could be a very ugly 3 game road trip, this is the 'easy' one. But we've lost every 'easy' one we had this year so far.

The deja vu is because they're stacking the box and daring Siemian to throw it. As a coordinator, it's completely stupid to continue to run nonstop against a stacked box. At some point the QB has to start hitting those intermediate throws to force the defense to change. Siemian still refuses to do that. I mean the guy threw 50 passes on Sunday and only had 5 completions beyond 10 yards.... Against a stacked box. That is a recipe for failure, and this offense is going to be awful until you either convince him to start throwing those intermediate passes, or put someone else in there that will throw those intermediate passes.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    He went 6-15 beyond 10 yards according to PFF.. 15/50 = 30%.. Im happy with that number in terms of attempts as a percentage, you'd obviously like to see the 40% completion up to ~55% but in terms of actual attempts I think those numbers would be comparable around the league.

As for stacked boxes, you might be right, i just don't recall while watching, and really don't want to watch that game again lol

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    He went 6-15 beyond 10 yards according to PFF.. 15/50 = 30%.. Im happy with that number in terms of attempts as a percentage, you'd obviously like to see the 40% completion up to ~55% but in terms of actual attempts I think those numbers would be comparable around the league.

As for stacked boxes, you might be right, i just don't recall while watching, and really don't want to watch that game again lol
    I was referring to this passing chart that Cecil posted

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/stat...01712756113408

No idea why it's a little different but with a stacked box, those numbers should be much better. The intermediate passing game should be feasted on if the box is loaded.

I don't blame you for not wanting to watch it again lol. I don't think someone could pay me to watch that game lol

I really need to see something from von in this game instead of bull rushing every damn play. He hasn't showed his full array of moves this year like usual. I want a couple clutch sacks and maybe even a strip sack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    I really need to see something from von in this game instead of bull rushing every damn play. He hasn't showed his full array of moves this year like usual. I want a couple clutch sacks and maybe even a strip sack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    If you didn't see it against Eli...you won't see it against Rivers.

That dude gets rid of the ball quicker than Eli.

And in game 1...when Rivers had time...he completely torched them. Something tells me he'll continue to have time.

Teams are just taking Von out of the game. Sure, von will get his pressures and will be stout against the run...but he won't be able to impact the game like he can until we start bringing more pressures from elsewhere across the line.

Hell, even Fluker..a cast-off scrub o-lineman...said that Von Miller was "the only guy we were actually worried about" on our defense. They didn't care for the NFZ, Wolfe, Gotsis, Peko..our LB's etc etc.

We got to find a way to bring more pressure man. These 4 man rushes are not getting there.

Oh and it looks like Brandon Marhsall has a shoulder injury that could hinder him. That's trouble...we have 2 LB's.

I say start embracing the moving pocket. If Siemian is uncomfortable in a traditional pocket...then get him going in a moving one.

For whatever reason, he seems to be getting worse when he's dropping back in the pocket (now he's dropping back 10/12 yards??)

It's going to be more gimmicky....but maybe that will be more comfortable with him.

Anything to move the chains really. Siemian mobility isn't atrocious and he seems to like to move anyway...so experiment with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    If you didn't see it against Eli...you won't see it against Rivers.

That dude gets rid of the ball quicker than Eli.

And in game 1...when Rivers had time...he completely torched them. Something tells me he'll continue to have time.

Teams are just taking Von out of the game. Sure, von will get his pressures and will be stout against the run...but he won't be able to impact the game like he can until we start bringing more pressures from elsewhere across the line.

Hell, even Fluker..a cast-off scrub o-lineman...said that Von Miller was "the only guy we were actually worried about" on our defense. They didn't care for the NFZ, Wolfe, Gotsis, Peko..our LB's etc etc.

We got to find a way to bring more pressure man. These 4 man rushes are not getting there.

Oh and it looks like Brandon Marhsall has a shoulder injury that could hinder him. That's trouble...we have 2 LB's.
    This is why we need Ray back desperately. There's no question that he's the second best pass rusher on this team. Luckily thanks to it being a MNF game, he can return when we play the Chiefs week 8. So we just have to make it through 1 more game and then we get a huge addition back.

You wanna hear some real ****? If the playoffs were to start today, we wouldn't be in. Hopefully this Giants game was a wake-up call.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast