Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 101

Hockey 101

Was brought up before and I guess didn't seem to get posted, but was a good idea so here it is.

Essentially, the Hockey 101 thread is for anyone to ask a question about the game. New to the game and have some questions about rules, analytics, teams, history, business of the game etc. ask it here and someone can try to answer it.

The Lost Boys of PSD

What sticks do you guys use? I love me some warriors.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Man I still use two pieces. I just could never get used to the feel of a one piece. I'm such a plug too that I still use Iginla curves even though they don't even make them anymore. I always just keep finding them in the discount shelves at sports stores lol.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo:31914328
    Man I still use two pieces. I just could never get used to the feel of a one piece. I'm such a plug too that I still use Iginla curves even though they don't even make them anymore. I always just keep finding them in the discount shelves at sports stores lol.
    Haha I don't blame you. These sticks are so expensive and they break so easily.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I'm an Easton Synergy guy.

How often do you guys play? Rec teams?

I play in a rec league every Wednesday night and pick up the odd Thursday. Used to play a lot more but getting older and having kids slows things down.

I stopped playing, just don't have the time anymore but still love getting on the ice and playing shinny.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo:31915145
    That's me too. Love catching an outdoor rink a couple times a winter and having a big game of shinny.
    Yup it's one of the best things about winter. They are building an outdoor rink like 5 minutes away from my place. I'm super excited for that.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I stopped playing, just don't have the time anymore but still love getting on the ice and playing shinny.
    That's me too. Love catching an outdoor rink a couple times a winter and having a big game of shinny.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo:31915145
    Yup, they are actually building an outdoor rink right near my place. I'm really excited about that.

Yup, they are actually building an outdoor rink right near my place. I'm really excited about that.
    That's awesome. I have one right across the street with a heat shack. Has lights and lines and everything. Sometimes ill find pucks on my front lawn in the spring time after the snow melts lol.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo:31915164

That's awesome. I have one right across the street with a heat shack. Has lights and lines and everything. Sometimes ill find pucks on my front lawn in the spring time after the snow melts lol.
    Lol that close eh. Does it get super busy? I have a feeling the rink they are making near my place will be crowded.

Lol that close eh. Does it get super busy? I have a feeling the rink they are making near my place will be crowded.
    Mostly just kids after school. Fridays and weekends you'll see older people there, especially in the evenings. That's when I'll go over there. Sometimes there's even a couple goalies suited up and enough guys for a couple lines. And everyone;s real good with it too, like not slashing and playing too hard. Like guys go hard, but its not like the rec leagues where someone throws a hit or starts laying lumber when they're losing. It's a lot of fun.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo:31915391
    Mostly just kids after school. Fridays and weekends you'll see older people there, especially in the evenings. That's when I'll go over there. Sometimes there's even a couple goalies suited up and enough guys for a couple lines. And everyone;s real good with it too, like not slashing and playing too hard. Like guys go hard, but its not like the rec leagues where someone throws a hit or starts laying lumber when they're losing. It's a lot of fun.
    Oh that's awesome. I hope we can get something similar going here. We have two high schools right near my house so I have a feeling a lot of those kids will be using the rink.

But yeah that's a great way to play hockey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast