Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    7,356

    Aaron Rodgers Suffers Broken Collar Bone In First Quarter of Vikings Game

    According to Jay Glazer the Packers "fear" its a broken collar bone.

    If it is a broken collar bone, they say it normally is a 6-8 week injury.

    RIP Gene Wilder

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    29,838
    Difference between this collarbone injury and the last one in 2013 is that this one is on his throwing shoulder side. I think he's done for this year imo.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,333
    Yup season's over, throwing shoulder. Unless he has a miraculous recovery were ****ed.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    762
    as i was watching the NBC game tonight the announcers opined about possible moves Green Bay would do in the next couple of days. Signing Romo, signing Kaep, was briefly talked about. trading for Tolzien a longer segment got me to spit my drink out. how do these guys draw a salary? Green Bay will go with Hundley and promote Callahan. that's it. we might sign a practice squad QB. i don't have too much expectations for next week. after that all excuses are off. guys will be healthy and Hundley will have 2 weeks learning timing with his WR's. that's our season in 2 weeks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    9,743
    Apparently there's a chance Rodgers could be back late in the season. If we're somehow still in playoff contention at that point, I'd feel good about our chances. I think the defense is going to step up in the meantime, and if Hundley is competent, he's got all the weapons he could need. Hopefully we get healthy and stay that way. As it is now, the NFC is not too scary. Healthy, I don't there's a team we couldn't beat outside of maybe Atlanta.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,923
    McCarthy said in his press conference it's gonna be Hundley and Callahan, but that could just be a post game reaction.

    One other difficult thing for us is all the other injuries makes it almost impossible for us to carry 3 qbs. It would be nice to bring in a backup who isn't Callahan, but it will be difficult for that guy to learn the offense in a week, so we would still likely need to elevate Callahan to the active roster. And give our roster right now, we may need to add a OL and a CB in addition to a QB if none of those guys can return by next Sunday.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,376
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    McCarthy said in his press conference it's gonna be Hundley and Callahan, but that could just be a post game reaction.

    One other difficult thing for us is all the other injuries makes it almost impossible for us to carry 3 qbs. It would be nice to bring in a backup who isn't Callahan, but it will be difficult for that guy to learn the offense in a week, so we would still likely need to elevate Callahan to the active roster. And give our roster right now, we may need to add a OL and a CB in addition to a QB if none of those guys can return by next Sunday.
    I suspect some random PS add for QB?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    7,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I suspect some random PS add for QB?
    yeah I read a tweet that they were working out some QBs but no names were given yet.


    according to profootballrumors.com Rodgers is having surgery to fix his collar bone

    It’s not official yet, but it sure sounds like Aaron Rodgers‘ season is over. Packers coach Mike McCarthy tells reporters that the quarterback needs surgery to fix his broken collarbone (Twitter link via Ian Rapoport of NFL.com). The operation almost definitely will rule him out for the rest of the year. Aaron Rodgers (vertical)

    Rodgers suffered the fracture when he was tackled hard by Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr on Sunday. Rodgers is arguably the best quarterback in the league and it’s fair to wonder if Green Bay can survive without him. Through six weeks of action, Rodgers was among the league’s top-10 in both completion percentage and quarterback rating, and tossed 13 touchdowns against versus just three picks.

    Rodgers broke his left collarbone during the 2013 campaign and missed only seven games, but this time around he’ll need surgery since it’s on his throwing side.

    The Packers are tied with the Vikings for the best record in the NFC North, but they currently own the tiebreaker.

    RIP Gene Wilder

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,376
    That site should pay you lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    7,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That site should pay you lol
    thats about the only site that I follow that you don't have to wade through hundreds of different ads just to see a 3 line blurb.

    RIP Gene Wilder

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,376
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    thats about the only site that I follow that you don't have to wade through hundreds of different ads just to see a 3 line blurb.
    Yeah it's pretty straight forward.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,923
    I hesitate to say this, because I fear it may start another fun argument and it's purely hypothetical. But here goes nothing.

    How many qbs in the league would lead this packers team to the playoff? Let's make 3 assumptions. First, let's assume we are relatively healthy. So let's assume our tackles don't both miss the same game. And let's assume we are an average health team. No one major misses the season or a big chunk of the season, but guys miss some games here and there. Let's also assume this starts at the beggining of the season. So this isn't the Brett Hundley situation where you're given a 4-1 head start. And finally, let's assume you are basically cloning the qb, so that's especially important for the division. If you say Matt Stafford, that's not saying the lions then have their backup. Let's just sort of assume there's two versions of stafford.

    So how many qbs do you all think make the playoffs with the packers roster?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I hesitate to say this, because I fear it may start another fun argument and it's purely hypothetical. But here goes nothing.

    How many qbs in the league would lead this packers team to the playoff? Let's make 3 assumptions. First, let's assume we are relatively healthy. So let's assume our tackles don't both miss the same game. And let's assume we are an average health team. No one major misses the season or a big chunk of the season, but guys miss some games here and there. Let's also assume this starts at the beggining of the season. So this isn't the Brett Hundley situation where you're given a 4-1 head start. And finally, let's assume you are basically cloning the qb, so that's especially important for the division. If you say Matt Stafford, that's not saying the lions then have their backup. Let's just sort of assume there's two versions of stafford.

    So how many qbs do you all think make the playoffs with the packers roster?
    I want to say Brady or Ryan are slam dunks, but neither has the mobility Rodgers has. Rodgers makes so many backbreaking scrambles and often carries Green Bay's running game. Neither one of them makes that scramble he made against Dallas.

    I'd say Brady, Ryan and Newton could do it, Luck if healthy... no one else has a chance assuming it's not one of those fluke years where 8-8 or 7-9 gets you in the playoffs.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    12,514
    I honestly think Rodgers is the only QB capable of running our horrible offensive scheme. You need a QB that can make ALL of the throws and a QB that can stay in the pocket and take lots of hits.

    Although, I bet he could take ANY team to the playoffs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,923
    Wow, I guess we'll find out. I'm not saying we'd for sure make the super bowl, but you guys really think that list is all that takes us to the playoffs. Maybe I'm under rating the division, but I think Brady, ryan and Brees are almost givens for me. But I think Wilson, stafford, wentz, and Carr are pretty close to locks and dak, Alex smith and cousins put us right in line with Minnesota and/or Detroit. I don't know about cam because he's such an enigma.

    I'm not trying to take anything away from Rodgers. He's the best qb in the league, but I think there's way more than 2 or 3 qbs that could lead us to a playoff spot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •