Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Week 6: New York Giants (0-5) @ Denver Broncos (3-1)

Week 6

(0_ -_5)___________________ (3_ -_ 1)

New York_________Denver

__________@ __________

Sunday, October 8th, 6:30 PM MT/ 8:30 PM ET, NBC
    Mile High Stadium, Denver, Colorado

TEAM LEADERS:

VS

PASSING:

Eli Manning - COMP 137 / ATT 202 / TD 8 / INT 5 / YDS 1338
    Trevor Siemian - COMP 79 / ATT 126 / TD 7 / INT 4 / YDS 888

VS

RUSHING:
    Orleans Darkwa - ATT 21 / YDS 122 / AVG 5.8 / TD 1
    C.J. Anderson - ATT 73 / YDS 330 / AVG 4.5 / TD 1

VS

RECEIVING:
    Michael Crabtree - REC 25 / YDS 302 / AVG 12.1 / TD 3
    Demaryius Thomas - REC 18 / YDS 247 / AVG 13.7 / TD 0

VS

TACKLES:
    Landon Collins - SOLO 29 / AST 8 / TOT 37
    Brandon Marshall - SOLO 22 / AST 9 / TOT 31

VS

SACKS:
    Olivier Vernon - SACKS 2.0 / FF 0
    Von Miller - SACKS 4.0 / FF 0

VS

INTERCEPTIONS:
    Darian Thompson - INT 1 / PD 3 / TD 0
    Aqib Talib - INT 1 / PD 4 / TD 1

VS

FIELD GOALS:
    Aldrick Rosas - ATT 4 / MADE 5
    Brandon McManus - ATT 7 / MADE 10

SPECIAL TEAMS RETURN:
    Giants- KR AVG 20.7 / KR TD 0 / PR AVG 6.9 / PR TD 0
    Broncos - KR AVG 25.7 / KR TD 0 / PR AVG 11.1 / PR TD 0

We should win by 30.... So that means it will come down to a field goal.

Broncos haven't blown away the teams they could've, but this couldn't be lining up much better for the Broncos

Broncos coming off of a bye. Giants coming off a heartbreaker. Odell out. Not sure of Shepard or Marshall's status, but neither could finish the game yesterday. Running backs are beat up. You could make any given Sunday, team backed into a corner or trap game cliche arguments in favor of NYG. But man, hard to see the Broncos not coming out of Sunday night without a win.

Shane Ray and Jake Butt both come back to practice next Monday! Ray sounds super pumped to come back!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Shane Ray and Jake Butt both come back to practice next Monday! Ray sounds super pumped to come back!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Ray has been super excited for about the last month. He's incredibly motivated!

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Ray has been super excited for about the last month. He's incredibly motivated!
    He sees Barrett playing awesome and he thinks he may be losing his spot... hope he comes back and plays with a FIRE under his ***.

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    He sees Barrett playing awesome and he thinks he may be losing his spot... hope he comes back and plays with a FIRE under his ***.
    I feel like Barrett has really slowed down since week 2.

And I just looked at his quick stats, and that seems to back up my feeling. 4 combined tackles and 0 sacks in the last 2 games combined.

@StingRay56
    I'm not just excited to come back and rush. I'm excited to come back and do it all.

Speak of the devil lol

I hate saying this but.......this really shouldn't be close. At all.

Giants are a defeated group. Their defense can make some things happen though so have to be weary there but for the most part...this is about as much of a "take care of business" type game as it comes.

And coming off a bye week? Nah. Just no. Broncos better be ready to take it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    He IS losing his spot. No way in hell am I replacing Barrett now.

Shane can go get his 10+ snaps in sub packages. He'll be happy with that. I want our run defense to remain elite.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    He IS losing his spot. No way in hell am I replacing Barrett now.

Shane can go get his 10+ snaps in sub packages. He'll be happy with that. I want our run defense to remain elite.
    Nah. Shaq has really slowed down and he's not the reason for our stellar run defense. 4 tackles in 2 games, few hurries, no sacks. He can come in on rushing downs if you're that worried about Ray (Which I'm not) but there's absolutely no question who the better pass rusher is.

I feel like Barrett has really slowed down since week 2.

And I just looked at his quick stats, and that seems to back up my feeling. 4 combined tackles and 0 sacks in the last 2 games combined.
    Shaq is playing nearly 90% of the defensive snaps. He's playing MORE snaps than Von Miller. The only players that play more than him are DB's (Justin, Scrap, Talib).

I think Shaq is doing a phenomenal job at both aspects but it's becoming clear that expecting him to bring a dominant pass rush while doing literally everything else 90% of the time....is a bit demanding.

He's my MVP on defense.

Nah. Shaq has really slowed down and he's not the reason for our stellar run defense. 4 tackles in 2 games, few hurries, no sacks. He can come in on rushing downs if you're that worried about Ray (Which I'm not) but there's absolutely no question who the better pass rusher is.
    He may not be THE reason..but you better damn believe he's a HUGE part to it.

Think about it mg, imagine Edebali or DeMarcus Walker setting the edge at RDE...we'd get destroyed. Why do you think they haven't even been out there? The coaching staff doesn't trust them in at least helping the edge.

Last year we sported a 4.56 ALY off left end which was 20th. Off left tackle we had a 5.02 ALY which was 25th. Obviously Crick was bad...but Shane didn't help. Off RT we had a 4.76 ALY (24th) but off right end we had 2.84 ALY which was 6th. That's Von Miller's edge.

This year, we have to give the props to Gotsis who has a 1.25 ALY which ranks 2nd. Really ****in good.

But guess what Shaq has......a -1.42 ALY off the left end which ranks 2nd (somehow Baltimore has a -2.13 off that side...which is nuts).

Our left side is stronger against the run than our right side...which is crazy when you realize that Wolfe/Von are on the right side. And the kicker...teams are running MORE off their LT/end against us than their RT. (21% off LT, 10% off RT).

Man watching MNF last night and I couldn't help but keep thinking of the similarities between Siemian and Case Keenum. Keenum is having a better year than Siemian statistically, but they both look like the same guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    He may not be THE reason..but you better damn believe he's a HUGE part to it.

Think about it mg, imagine Edebali or DeMarcus Walker setting the edge at RDE...we'd get destroyed. Why do you think they haven't even been out there? The coaching staff doesn't trust them in at least helping the edge.

Last year we sported a 4.56 ALY off left end which was 20th. Off left tackle we had a 5.02 ALY which was 25th. Obviously Crick was bad...but Shane didn't help. Off RT we had a 4.76 ALY (24th) but off right end we had 2.84 ALY which was 6th. That's Von Miller's edge.

This year, we have to give the props to Gotsis who has a 1.25 ALY which ranks 2nd. Really ****in good.

But guess what Shaq has......a -1.42 ALY off the left end which ranks 2nd (somehow Baltimore has a -2.13 off that side...which is nuts).

Our left side is stronger against the run than our right side...which is crazy when you realize that Wolfe/Von are on the right side. And the kicker...teams are running MORE off their LT/end against us than their RT. (21% off LT, 10% off RT).
    I agree. But I think that speaks more to how bad Crick was....I mean we all saw it last year. Crick was awful. Shaq has been incredibly helpful and has filled the spot well, but I don't think there's a big drop off between him and Ray in the running game, and I think Ray is a far superior pass rusher.

I'm not going to be disappointed either way though. If Ray starts, that's awesome. If Shaq starts and Ray comes in on passing downs, that's great too. It's a good situation to be in as a Broncos fan.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast