Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    I donít have the words to adequately express the level of dismay and disgust Iíll be contending with should we prop Del Rio up and roll him out again next year.

Overwhelming is a start, but it doesnít quite get there.

Frankly, Iíve got better things to do than to care about a team that is either to dim or too apathetic to fix itself.

-Stork

Haha I hear you Stork. I liked signing JDR at first but the more I see of him... honeymoon is definitely over. Because of the extended contract, I'm on board with giving him one more year, but I wouldn't cry if Mark fired him either. Reports are Mark is 50/50 on him right now. I think (or hope) with a good OC this team can succeed in spite of him. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Honestly, I think he's prepping to fire Downing. His words "justify" putting him there to begin with, and to help his buddy find other employment. Just my opinion.
    I actually agree, was gonna comment the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    OC not HC was my point. We need winning coaches proven record in NFL. Arians fits that bill as an OC. Not as a HC
    Alrighty....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I donít have the words to adequately express the level of dismay and disgust Iíll be contending with should we prop Del Rio up and roll him out again next year.

Overwhelming is a start, but it doesnít quite get there.

Frankly, Iíve got better things to do than to care about a team that is either to dim or too apathetic to fix itself.

-Stork
    The only, I must stress only, reason that JDR stays will be a financial one. Mark will have to own his first big mistake and it will cost him. I really hope that he steps up to the plate on this one, it would solidify him and give him a ton of credibility....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

You have to get rid of all the coaches, not some of them.

It's just the nature of the beast.

And I believe they will.

We are undisciplined, we have accountability, no have no fire and and are not ready to play.

This is all on the HC, JDR needs to pack his bags

We need to clean house. Firing Downing is the ultimate scapegoat bandaid move, it won't fix anything.

I think the biggest issue is Carr's awful play and regression back to rookie form, but he's definitely not going anywhere. We need a whole new mindset, firing JDR and his staff is a great start.

I like Teryl Austin DC from Detroit. Retreads don't work, we need a physical defense that plays tough and smart, and power rushing. Elaborate passing attacks are trending downwards in today's league, sounds odd but it's true. Stacking your defense gives you the best possible chance to win, especially when the weather turns in December and January.

Arians as OC? My goodness this reminds me of posts I saw on message boards years and years ago. There's a better chance of us getting Belichick as DC and Sean Payton as OC.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    We are undisciplined, we have accountability, no have no fire and and are not ready to play.

This is all on the HC, JDR needs to pack his bags
    I am siding with jdr on this one. He had a 12 win season. **** the bed this year. However look at the things that contributed:
    Lost Carr for a few games.
    Wrs and tes lead the nfl in dropped passes.
    Injuries.
    Travecchio only making 6 of his last 11 fgs.
    Defense getting worked under Norton.
    Connelly being out.
    Not having a solid running game.
    Penn and Newhouse being probably the worst ots in the afc.
    Downing being too predictable in play calling
    Pagano is a step in the right direction.
    Fix these and we are gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    We need to clean house. Firing Downing is the ultimate scapegoat bandaid move, it won't fix anything.

I think the biggest issue is Carr's awful play and regression back to rookie form, but he's definitely not going anywhere. We need a whole new mindset, firing JDR and his staff is a great start.

I like Teryl Austin DC from Detroit. Retreads don't work, we need a physical defense that plays tough and smart, and power rushing. Elaborate passing attacks are trending downwards in today's league, sounds odd but it's true. Stacking your defense gives you the best possible chance to win, especially when the weather turns in December and January.
    So you want to hire a guy that had the 19th ranked defense last year. And got more talent this year and went to the 25 ranked defense which is 6 spots worse than the raiders right now. We are currently ranked 19. Why should he be considered to do anything? I don't get it.

Arians as OC? My goodness this reminds me of posts I saw on message boards years and years ago. There's a better chance of us getting Belichick as DC and Sean Payton as OC.
    True. Lol
    Maybe we can get madden as hc, Peyton manning as oc, bellicheck as dc. Too lol

We aren't going to get gruden or anyone amazing. Just projects. We need a new oc. That should be priority one and get an ot who can block. And corners who can cover. And Wrs need to catch balls

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    So you want to hire a guy that had the 19th ranked defense last year. And got more talent this year and went to the 25 ranked defense which is 6 spots worse than the raiders right now. We are currently ranked 19. Why should he be considered to do anything? I don't get it.
    Because he has a great reputation around the league and is well respected. Pagano hasn't fixed anything, cmon. We beat Paxton lynch and Geno Smith, big deal, Alex Smith still ate us alive.

Because he has a great reputation around the league and is well respected. Pagano hasn't fixed anything, cmon. We beat Paxton lynch and Geno Smith, big deal, Alex Smith still ate us alive.
    True but still had a better overall defense than Detroit

Smith also beat the patriots

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast