Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Week 6 IGT: (4-1) Philadelphia Eagles @ (4-1) Carolina Panthers: Wentz vs Cam Vol. 1

Week 6

@

Thursday, October 12th, 7:25 PM CENTRAL (anything else is dumb)
    Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

VS

Quarterback:

Carson Wentz - COMP 110 / ATT 177 / TD 10 / INT 3 / YDS 1,362
    Cam Newton - COMP 99 / ATT 145 / TD 8 / INT 5 / YDS 1,237

VS

Running Back:

LeGarrette Blount - ATT 56 / YDS 323 / AVG 5.8 / TD 2
    Jonathon Stewart - ATT 77 / YDS 251 / AVG 3.3 / TD 1

VS

Wide Receiver:

Nelson Agholor - REC 16 / YDS 266 / AVG 16.6 / TD 3
    Kelvin Benjamin - REC 17 / YDS 272 / AVG 16.0 / TD 1

VS

Tight End:

Zach Ertz - REC 32 / YDS 387 / AVG 12.1 / TD 2
    Ed Dickson - REC 11 / YDS 271 / AVG 24.6 / TD 0

VS

Kicker:

Jake Elliott - FGM 10 / FGA 12 / XPM 11 / XPA 11
    Graham Gano - FGM 12 / FGA 13 / XPM 9 / XPA 10

VS

Tackles Leader:

Jalen Mills - SOLO 25 / AST 6 / TOT 31
    Luke Kuechly - SOLO 29 / AST 13 / TOT 42

VS

Sacks Leader:

Brandon Graham - SACKS 3.5 / FF 1
    Julius Peppers - SACKS 3.0 / FF 1

VS

Interceptions Leader:

Jaylen Mills - INT 1 / PD 8 / TD 0
    Luke Kuechly - INT 1 / PD 2 / TD 0

Click For More Stats

Last edited by BDawk4Prez; 10-09-2017 at 12:19 PM.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

HUGE game and it would be a HUGE win.
    That would make them 3-1 on the road with 6 of their remaining games at home.

copying my own post

Looking forward to the Carolina game. Short week will be tough but at least both teams are having that same problem. It's an away game but it's not a long travel or time zone shift.

To beat the Panthers, the Eagles are going to need to get to Cam. The Panthers have given up 15 sacks so far which is tied for the 9th most in the NFL (5 behind the leader in Houston). For as good as Cam has been this year, he does have 5 picks on the season. They aren't the best rushing team but Cam and McCaffery in the run and short pass game are key to stop. The linebackers will be key to this matchup for the birds.

Eagles need to keep controlling the clock. Still 2nd in plays per drive. 3rd in time per drive (Carolina is 2nd). The Panthers have only averaged 194 pass yards against per game which is 5th best in the NFL. They don't cause many turnovers though as they are still allowing the 8th worst passer rating against and are 6th worst at creating turnovers per drive. They've created the 3rd most sacks though at 17 on the season. They're about middle of the pack in yards against per rush attempt and 7th best in rush yards per game. That has a lot to do with them controlling the ball. They are 8th best in points allowed per game.

They have allowed over 300 passing yards the last 2 games though when they allowed under 200 their first 3. I think the only really good team they've beaten so far was the Lions. I don't know what's up with the Pats right now and they lost to the Saints at home (division game but Saints are notoriously terrible on the road). This game is going to be a test for both teams.

Linebacker play, pressuring Cam, and another rushing lead game is what's going to win this for the Eagles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

With BDawk making the IGT the Panthers don't stand a chance. 50-3 Eagles win.

huge game with early seeding and playoff implications on the line! Hopefully Cox and Lane are back for this one.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

My gut is expecting a loss, but this season had been filled with a lot of welcome surprises. I think this will be the game Alshon eats big time.

The return... 2018-19

Alshon not making a very big case, so far, for that big money extension.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Alshon not making a very big case, so far, for that big money extension.
    Yep, which bodes well for us because I actually like him on our team. He's not making big plays, but catches the ball in crucial moments. Somebody called him Jason Avant on steroids.

The return... 2018-19

Alshon hasn't felt like that big physically imposing WR he looked like in Chicago. He's been running good routes and getting open a lot, but where's that leaping over guys and catching 50/50 balls type guy I thought we were getting.

I'm happy Giants suck, I just hope they win some games, because I don't want them getting Darnold. Let them get any of the other 4 QBs.
    Cowboys forever never worry me, that defense is and always be piss poor, which is why when they passed on Ramsey, I was ecstatic.
    Skins will phase out over the year the division will be ours.

Also one last thing, people need to pump the breaks on Sidney Jones. Why do people need to be reminded constantly, no matter what it'll take year 2 or 3 for him to revert back to his old form. It's pointless to rush him and think he'll have any impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Alshon hasn't felt like that big physically imposing WR he looked like in Chicago. He's been running good routes and getting open a lot, but where's that leaping over guys and catching 50/50 balls type guy I thought we were getting.

I'm happy Giants suck, I just hope they win some games, because I don't want them getting Darnold. Let them get any of the other 4 QBs.
    Cowboys forever never worry me, that defense is and always be piss poor, which is why when they passed on Ramsey, I was ecstatic.

Also one last thing, people need to pump the breaks on Sidney Jones. Why do people need to be reminded constantly, no matter what it'll take year 2 or 3 for him to revert back to his old form. It's pointless to rush him and think he'll have any impact.
    Something inside me feels like the Giants are going to get their RB/QB combo ala the Cowboys. I specifically don't want it because I work with a girl who is a huge Giants douche and is friends/friends via friends or something with Barkley and has been saying he's coming to the Giants, now more so. He went to one of our local highschools (the one she went to). I can't stand her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

i just dont wanna see the Giants land Barkley from Penn st
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

New to the boards... found an Eagles forum. Hope it's as fun as some of the topics/ responses that I have been reading. Looking forward to talking Eagles football with you guys. Any update on Lane Johnson? I missed DP press conference this afternoon. Planning on watching it later when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Man I hope so...I'm going to the game with 2 friends that are Carolina fans...I have been to too many games where the Eagles/Flyers/Phillies have lost when I am with friends of the opposing teams. It would be especially nice to win this one lol..

Any chance Darby is back for this game? This is week 5 he is out so I was crossing my fingers lol

Winning this week would be a mild upset. Short week on the road against a good team is tough. I think the Eagles are the better team, but the deck is stacked against them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Something inside me feels like the Giants are going to get their RB/QB combo ala the Cowboys. I specifically don't want it because I work with a girl who is a huge Giants douche and is friends/friends via friends or something with Barkley and has been saying he's coming to the Giants, now more so. He went to one of our local highschools (the one she went to). I can't stand her.
    But the most important questions is she hot? That how I determine if I can put up with douches.
    Quote Originally Posted by NFCEagles View Post
    New to the boards... found an Eagles forum. Hope it's as fun as some of the topics/ responses that I have been reading. Looking forward to talking Eagles football with you guys. Any update on Lane Johnson? I missed DP press conference this afternoon. Planning on watching it later when I get home.
    First of all welcome. It's not looking good for Lane Johnson according to Dougie P. I feel like he is so undervalued, Big V okay but he no Lane Johnson over the course of 60 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Man I hope so...I'm going to the game with 2 friends that are Carolina fans...I have been to too many games where the Eagles/Flyers/Phillies have lost when I am with friends of the opposing teams. It would be especially nice to win this one lol..

Any chance Darby is back for this game? This is week 5 he is out so I was crossing my fingers lol
    I doubt it and I hope not. Unless his name is Carson Wentz or an O-Lineman I wouldn't rush anyone back we have good depth beside QB and O-Lineman. I'm not saying our CB are as talented as Darby but it not a big enough drop off to warrant that particularly with how they are playing now.

Agreed on Jones if he was back he would be our 4th CB currently, maybe in a year or two he can be a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    I'm disappointed with BDawk, I was expecting to come home to an LOL IGT after a busy day of work. I mean Jake "Freaking" Elliot is still in a Bengals uniform. Therefore I'm predicting a loss.

Sorry for the rants. I typically don't do this but I had way to much coffee today.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast