Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    MLBTR.com is predicting Mike Moustakas to us at 5yrs/85 mil. Are you guys in favor of this?
    Yeah I would be. 5 years is pretty long, I'd prefer 4 year but I'd be excited to get him.

With Riley showing extremely well in the fall league I don't see that happening. Don't see us signing anyone over a few years.
    Last edited by Wrench; 11-03-2017 at 06:09 PM.

I'd be fine with it honestly. He's a good third baseman with interesting power, considering he'd be moving from one of the most cavernous parks in the league to Suntrust. I don't buy DRS saying he was as bad as last year, UZR had him fine. I think he'd be a fine addition with some upside.

If Riley mashes and is ready we'll probably have a corner OF spot open. I'd rather sign a good veteran 3B to solidify our infield and worry about a corner outfield spot later, as opposed to chasing corner outfielders in FA.

Trade Kemp or Markakis (I'd prefer trading Kemp) and go into 2018 with 5 veteran regulars around Swanson, Albies, and Acuna. Hell that team looks eerily like the pre-Bregman Astros.

MLBTR.com is predicting Mike Moustakas to us at 5yrs/85 mil. Are you guys in favor of this?
    I don't like the idea, Moose has a career .305 OBP he has a lot of power though but his defense was shaky last year according to some metrics, he don't represent a true above average regular for the next 4-5 years, if he loses a bit of power we'll be looking for an upgrade at third base in a couple of years. If the Braves are going to spend close to 100MM in free agency we need to be sure that we are getting consistency, not a one trick pony.
    Last edited by beldugo; 11-03-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Yea if you want pop sign Todd Frazier instead. Would be cheaper and has a better glove.

I would rather get Eduardo Nunez being he can play all over if we do sign someone to play 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Yea if you want pop sign Todd Frazier instead. Would be cheaper and has a better glove.

I would rather get Eduardo Nunez being he can play all over if we do sign someone to play 3B.
    Yes, that's a guy I'll be willing to sign, Nuñez, wont cost nearly as much and is probably as valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Yes, that's a guy I'll be willing to sign, Nuñez, wont cost nearly as much and is probably as valuable.
    What do you think it will take?

What do you think it will take?
    Is anybody's guess right now, but the guys in MLB trade rumors have him signing with the Blue Jays for 14MM on a two year contract, that's an absolutely steal if they're right, Nuñez is a proven contributor and a 2+ WAR player if he's giving 100+ games. He'll be great here because it wont require a big amount of money and won't block Riley if he keeps improving, he can play anywhere on the field so he wont have a problem playing 100+ games in ATL. This will be similar to what we thought Sean Rodriguez could be for us, but Nuñez is even better.

In my opinion that projection is way low, I bet he gets 3 years and close to 24MM. I'll be fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Is anybody's guess right now, but the guys in MLB trade rumors have him signing with the Blue Jays for 14MM on a two year contract, that's an absolutely steal if they're right, Nuñez is a proven contributor and a 2+ WAR player if he's giving 100+ games. He'll be great here because it wont require a big amount of money and won't block Riley if he keeps improving, he can play anywhere on the field so he wont have a problem playing 100+ games in ATL. This will be similar to what we thought Sean Rodriguez could be for us, but Nuñez is even better.

In my opinion that projection is way low, I bet he gets 3 years and close to 24MM. I'll be fine with that.
    Cont me in on Nunez, I was a supporter of his a while back. I even read an article that says the Braves as they where did not want to block Riley. So it seems to all line up with Nunez. My only concern is the new front office will want to make a splash! And Mustakas has that power that the casual baseball fan would love.

I don't like the idea of Moustakis, but if we do sign him Reilly would probably be in a package to get Archer. I expect the front office wants to make some positive news. I expect Moose to turn into Struggla all over again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    I don't like the idea of Moustakis, but if we do sign him Reilly would probably be in a package to get Archer. I expect the front office wants to make some positive news. I expect Moose to turn into Struggla all over again!!!

That would actually be interesting if Riley was the headliner of that trade.

That said, I’d put a hell of a lot of clauses in a 5 year deal for Mustakas. While I don’t think he’ll become Uggla like, I do see a Cliff in his future. And I wouldn’t want us to be a part of eating over 50% of his last two years to move him.
    Last edited by SB75; 11-05-2017 at 01:24 AM.

If we trade one of our only good position player prospects for a pitcher Id freak out when we literally have more pitching than we can use in the minors. I'm ok dealing Reilly for a bat else where if we filled 3B but not for a pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    If we trade one of our only good position player prospects for a pitcher Id freak out when we literally have more pitching than we can use in the minors. I'm ok dealing Reilly for a bat else where if we filled 3B but not for a pitcher.
    I’m an Archer fan, so I look at it a little differently. With Archer at the one and JT at the two, Folty at the 3, Newcomb At 4, and 5 up form competition, that’s kinda a nice set up. Archer may be a little higher if n my list than some others, but I think most would agree he’s a one. And if Riley is the top guy we’re giving up, I think it’s a nice trade for us.

All this changes if we loose Maitan as imho he’s the likely long term option at 3B. Damnit MLB, spill the news already! So in closing, normally I’d agree with you. But because I think Archer is underrated, getting away without giving up a top 5 prospect could be a steal!,

I’m an Archer fan, so I look at it a little differently. With Archer at the one and JT at the two, Folty at the 3, Newcomb At 4, and 5 up form competition, that’s kinda a nice set up. Archer may be a little higher if n my list than some others, but I think most would agree he’s a one. And if Riley is the top guy we’re giving up, I think it’s a nice trade for us.

All this changes if we loose Maitan as imho he’s the likely long term option at 3B. Damnit MLB, spill the news already! So in closing, normally I’d agree with you. But because I think Archer is underrated, getting away without giving up a top 5 prospect could be a steal!,
    I may be in the minority here but I think Archer has been a bit overrated, he's obviously an above average starter but he's been a top rotation starter in one year of his career, 2015, the last two season with an ERA over 4 and a bit homer prone. I'd love to get him in a package headlined by Riley but instead of being underrated (as he was a couple of years ago) he's kinda overrated right now.

Thoughts on Brian Shaw for the bullpen? He's been super reliable for the Indians but he's logged the most appearances in baseball the last 2 years. We've seen what's happened to relievers who are overused. I'm interested, though.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast