Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 159
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    28,021
    Dan Winkler $610,000K
    Sam Freeman $1.075M
    Arodys Vizcaino $3.4M

    All signed

    Folty is going to Arb over 100K, The Braves filed at $2.2 million and he did at $2.3 million lol...

    With those Arbs in we sit at $108,252,709 (110,452,709 most likely after Folty gets worked out)

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Dan Winkler $610,000K
    Sam Freeman $1.075M
    Arodys Vizcaino $3.4M

    All signed

    Folty is going to Arb over 100K, The Braves filed at $2.2 million and he did at $2.3 million lol...

    With those Arbs in we sit at $108,252,709 (110,452,709 most likely after Folty gets worked out)
    Guess he wants to see what the Organization turly thinks of him.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    28,021
    Well the 100K isn't alot this round but if he gets it that could mean 500K more next year and it keeps going up just with that little bit this round.

    We only had one Arb hearing in 17 years and that was Mike Minor.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    No shot on JD. Dudes asking price is at least $200 mil.
    Donaldson. LOL, The only Donaldson we might get is Ronald McDonald, son. It's rookies or bust this year.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Donaldson. LOL, The only Donaldson we might get is Ronald McDonald, son. It's rookies or bust this year.
    If you’re gonna make a joke quoting a 3 month old post, at least get the player right. I was talking about JD Martinez which you would have figured out had you read above.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    If you’re gonna make a joke quoting a 3 month old post, at least get the player right. I was talking about JD Martinez which you would have figured out had you read above.
    Point is, who gives a sh** what you were saying when we are years from competing.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    14,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Point is, who gives a sh** what you were saying when we are years from competing.
    There is a decent chance we could compete this season.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California


  8. #143
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Point is, who gives a sh** what you were saying when we are years from competing.
    Go away

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Point is, who gives a sh** what you were saying when we are years from competing.
    The point is you are a fair weather fan who can’t handle a rebuild. Go be a fan of the Astros, I think they’re pretty good right now.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    The point is you are a fair weather fan who can’t handle a rebuild. Go be a fan of the Astros, I think they’re pretty good right now.
    Actually, I am a Rockies fan as well living in Colorado since 95, and thank God they actually put a decent ballclub on the field each year, something the Braves have failed to do since 2013. Of course, at 19th in the MLB in club payroll, it's clear that the fat cats in Braves management don't really care if this team succeeds or not.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

  11. #146
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,312
    Division Prediction:

    Gnats
    Mutts
    Sillies (might take second), could fight for Wild Card, maybe even the division
    Bravos
    Merlins (Bravos only beat this team because they were just gutted offensively)

    Nothing new here, nothing exciting, no major changes, not even close to a Wild Card, what's the point? But you all on this board have seemed fairly content with mediocrity for years now still no surprise.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Division Prediction:

    Gnats
    Mutts
    Sillies (might take second), could fight for Wild Card, maybe even the division
    Bravos
    Merlins (Bravos only beat this team because they were just gutted offensively)

    Nothing new here, nothing exciting, no major changes, not even close to a Wild Card, what's the point? But you all on this board have seemed fairly content with mediocrity for years now still no surprise.
    Go away

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    458
    We will do fine. If we beat the Marlins 90% of the time, win 2/3 of the games with the Phils, split with the Mets, and win 40% against the Nats. Then we just need to compete with the rest of the league. I feel like as the season grows longer, we will get even better. If we can hang until the Allstar break, we will really have a shot. All it takes isca few injuries to the Nats and we are in that race too. This early in the season, unless you are Miami, you should have World Series aspirations.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,120
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    We will do fine. If we beat the Marlins 90% of the time, win 2/3 of the games with the Phils, split with the Mets, and win 40% against the Nats. Then we just need to compete with the rest of the league. I feel like as the season grows longer, we will get even better. If we can hang until the Allstar break, we will really have a shot. All it takes isca few injuries to the Nats and we are in that race too. This early in the season, unless you are Miami, you should have World Series aspirations.
    I picked 18’ as the year we would become relevant again and I see no reason to change that! McCarthy, Gohara and Newcomb should add stability to the rotation along with holdovers J.T. and Foltynewicz. Freeman is healthy, Albies looks primed, and Acuna is on the way. Barring a significant injury, we should be flirting with .500 at the All-star break.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    14,579
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I picked 18’ as the year we would become relevant again and I see no reason to change that! McCarthy, Gohara and Newcomb should add stability to the rotation along with holdovers J.T. and Foltynewicz. Freeman is healthy, Albies looks primed, and Acuna is on the way. Barring a significant injury, we should be flirting with .500 at the All-star break.
    Jim Callis was on with Bill Shanks yesterday and he said a common theme among teams who rebuild like the Braves is that they have a tenancy to become relevant a year earlier than expected. He didn't give any specifics but wouldn't be surprised if the Braves had a good season. The interview is mostly about prospects so I'll post it in the minor league thread.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California


Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •