Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Patrick is under 9 games played still, or ďatĒ games ... pretty sure ... any chance he gets sent down or is he here for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Patrick is under 9 games played still, or ďatĒ games ... pretty sure ... any chance he gets sent down or is he here for sure?
    no way he gets sent down. we need him here

Waiting for Provorov to have it click. He isnít fighting it through the first 12.

I usually donít feel like officiating costs us games, but this one is tough...and this is already the second time I feel like this this season!

While we should not have gone down by theee goals to such a garbage team, the third goal was scored by a player who didnít get called for boarding...during a power play that was a result of a weak cross checking call. How many slashes weíre leaving et go this game? How do we always get called for holding the stick on the armpit tuck but nobody else? How was that not interference just before their OT goal on the hit on Simmonds? Offsides on that 2 on 1? Why not let it go and if the review says otherwise than let them challenge it?

This is compounded by the no call and no discipline on Komarov and the no goals in Ottawa. I will say that I at least understood the first one but the second? WTH

Sorry had to vent after that one....

Zeke better be suspended by the end of tonight and the eagles better pick up an OL

Well got the Zeke suspension....

Lucky to get a point when you play like crap for most of the game. Bad decision by Sanheim in OT just shoot the puck and a bad change by Simmer.

Was a pretty poor game overall. No Patrick, no Ghost, Manning/Alt as your 3rd pair, but still, you canít continue to start games like this and expect to be ok in the end. Nice to get a point but they deserved to lose that game and they did.

Moving on, it looks like 1Couturier has taken over the slot role on PP1. He was there for the final PP against TOR, again for the 1st PP of yesterdayís game and was going to be out there for the next one until the referees decided to look at the big screen and give Voracek a penalty after the TV timeout (it was the right call, but pretty sure you canít just decide that after that long and looking at the big screen). So it seems like theyíre rewarding 1Couturier for his early season success and chemistry with Giroux. And he didnít look too bad. He didnít get a ton on his shot but he got it off quick and it was accurate.

1Couturier is killing it so far this year, we all know this. If he can add PP production to his ES production, thatíd be something.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Was a pretty poor game overall. No Patrick, no Ghost, Manning/Alt as your 3rd pair, but still, you canít continue to start games like this and expect to be ok in the end. Nice to get a point but they deserved to lose that game and they did.

Moving on, it looks like 1Couturier has taken over the slot role on PP1. He was there for the final PP against TOR, again for the 1st PP of yesterdayís game and was going to be out there for the next one until the referees decided to look at the big screen and give Voracek a penalty after the TV timeout (it was the right call, but pretty sure you canít just decide that after that long and looking at the big screen). So it seems like theyíre rewarding 1Couturier for his early season success and chemistry with Giroux. And he didnít look too bad. He didnít get a ton on his shot but he got it off quick and it was accurate.

1Couturier is killing it so far this year, we all know this. If he can add PP production to his ES production, thatíd be something.
    Shouldn't have been 4 minutes. About 90% sure that the blood came from the scrum as Jake's stick was against the side of Schenn's head (helmet) and then he got punched in the mouth by someone coming into the scrum which busted his lip. Either way it had no effect, but just saying.

Provorov is really starting to take the next step and I am still getting excited about Sanheim. We are seeing him go through the same growth process we saw Provorov go through last year. When Myers/Friedman hit our lineup next season or two and force the Mannings and Amacs of the world out, I will be a very happy fan. I think Myers makes the team next season and Friedman probably the year after. I think that Morin will probably have Gudas's spot in a couple seasons...just needs a little more grooming, but really needs time up with the big team.

Couts is playing out of his mind right now and hopefully remains consistent. Him, Jake, and G are looking like elite players and are the 2nd best trio in the NHL right now (those Lightning forwards are killing it). We are a different team without Ghost in the lineup for sure. I think it really is messing with our chemistry with two D-men (even if one is AMac) and a center out. That is really what we were seeing last night...

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Shouldn't have been 4 minutes. About 90% sure that the blood came from the scrum as Jake's stick was against the side of Schenn's head (helmet) and then he got punched in the mouth by someone coming into the scrum which busted his lip. Either way it had no effect, but just saying.

Provorov is really starting to take the next step and I am still getting excited about Sanheim. We are seeing him go through the same growth process we saw Provorov go through last year. When Myers/Friedman hit our lineup next season or two and force the Mannings and Amacs of the world out, I will be a very happy fan. I think Myers makes the team next season and Friedman probably the year after. I think that Morin will probably have Gudas's spot in a couple seasons...just needs a little more grooming, but really needs time up with the big team.

Couts is playing out of his mind right now and hopefully remains consistent. Him, Jake, and G are looking like elite players and are the 2nd best trio in the NHL right now (those Lightning forwards are killing it). We are a different team without Ghost in the lineup for sure. I think it really is messing with our chemistry with two D-men (even if one is AMac) and a center out. That is really what we were seeing last night...

Regarding the bolded -- I think it's less to do with who is out than who is in the lineup.

When AMac is in, you know he's going to be a specific kind of dumpster fire, and you (as a player) can adjust your game to compensate for his shortcomings. The same logic applies to Ghost -- you know his play style, his tendencies. And you can adjust to account for those.

But when a guy like Alt is in? Most of these guys have never played with him. They have no idea what he's going to do -- which makes it virtually impossible to properly compensate for his shortcomings. And if they guess, the potential for error is magnified. Not good.

Give it a few games and everything should be right as rain.

And I agree about Sanheim -- he looked incredibly good out there for most of the game. Smooth, poised, confident....but then he made a dumb play at the end of the game. I hope this was his Provorov-Blackhawks moment; the mistake that helped everything click. Wouldn't it be nice to have 3 top-2 defenseman on the team, all of whom are under 25?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post

i see it as either couts or lindblom taking oveer that role for the future. Hopefully its lindblom because I have him for my dynasty league haha.

Anyone still want to see Giroux back at center?

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849