Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Gerrymandering

One problem with getting rid of gerrymandering is that most people don't know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The shapes of districts arenít the only measure of gerrymandering. It can be a good indicator but doesnít definitely say there is a good case.
    I didn't mean the shape was conclusive

Many many years ago when I first looked at the district map I remember thinking "why does this district go all skinny and cross 2 county lines to include this other area" ... turns out the answer was to make those people's votes irrelevant :/

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I didn't mean the shape was conclusive

Many many years ago when I first looked at the district map I remember thinking "why does this district go all skinny and cross 2 county lines to include this other area" ... turns out the answer was to make those people's votes irrelevant :/
    Base all districts on county lines. When you have to cross county lines, do it in straight and logical segments terminating on major streets.

If re-electing Trump doesn't start a revolution, full scale, nationwide redistricting just might.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Base all districts on county lines. When you have to cross county lines, do it in straight and logical segments terminating on major streets.

If re-electing Trump doesn't start a revolution, full scale, nationwide redistricting just might.
    If we had the number of representatives laid out in the constitution the shape wouldn't matter at all.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738