Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I'm kind of worried. Coppy rebuild the Braves farm system to a top system in the league I really would hate to see someone come in and start tearing it apart to fit their own views on how the system should be built. That would really set the Braves rebuild back a few years
    My guess is the Braves would want to hire somebody who shares the same developmental strategy. It seems like Hart wants to develop prospects so I'm sure the Braves will stick with that.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Here's a few interesting tweets from Jerry Crasnick:

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

DOBrienAJC
    Hearing Dan Jennings, formerly of #Marlins, now with #Nationals, could be a top candidate for #Braves GM if they can't get Dayton Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    DOBrienAJC
    Dayton Moore would be a good get, though the Royals peak didn't last very long

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    As I said before Red Sox lost players when this happened to them

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/187317...tional-rights/

I think Maitan is safe but guys we signed the next year might not be.
    Good job on the research! And as it says in your article, players got to keep the money ( so it wasn't a diss service to them). Wow, I hope we don't get hit hard like that and it's something else.

Braves News

I feel like we are not going to be able to sign international players for a good minute
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

I wonder if this will affect that kid we signed from what was it Korea?

RIP Gene Wilder

This is really bizzarre, I think this is deeper than it seems, "a breach of signing rules in the international market"so what? That market is filled with breaches and everyone knows it, if you get caught you get some type of penalty but this is the first time I see that it cost a high ranked oficial his job. ¿Coppy was the only one (along Blakeley) who knew what was happening? The president of baseball operation or the team president didn't know? I call BS on that.

There's been reports about the way Coppy treated others (employees and other GM's), which is the same reason (among others) of why the Braves fired Wren, or at least, it was the reason they told the media. I find it hard to believe really, there was an article like a month ago written by Ken Rosenthal about some issues in the Braves FO, most beat writers thought it was a non-story, I guess it was really an issue.

I believe that Shuerholtz and others oficials had a feeling that Coppy was gaining too much power within the franchise, I might be wrong but this most be deeper than just the breach, that's not a reason to dismiss a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    This is really bizzarre, I think this is deeper than it seems, "a breach of signing rules in the international market"so what? That market is filled with breaches and everyone knows it, if you get caught you get some type of penalty but this is the first time I see that it cost a high ranked oficial his job. ¿Coppy was the only one (along Blakeley) who knew what was happening? The president of baseball operation or the team president didn't know? I call BS on that.

There's been reports about the way Coppy treated others (employees and other GM's), which is the same reason (among others) of why the Braves fired Wren, or at least, it was the reason they told the media. I find it hard to believe really, there was an article like a month ago written by Ken Rosenthal about some issues in the Braves FO, most beat writers thought it was a non-story, I guess it was really an issue.

I believe that Shuerholtz and others oficials had a feeling that Coppy was gaining too much power within the franchise, I might be wrong but this most be deeper than just the breach, that's not a reason to dismiss a GM.
    While I agree it's deeper, idk about the power argument. Who knows it maybe the exact same thing that Frank W. got canned for. Anyone got a short list of candidates to replace him?

Braves News

Uh oh. Maitan could be declared a free agent according to Jeff Passan

Braves News

*if improprieties are found

JeffPassan
    Sources: MLB is investigating Atlanta's signing of top prospect Kevin Maitan. If improprieties are found, he could be declared a free agent.
    Ugh why can't we have nice things...

https://sports.yahoo.com/john-coppol...230643724.html

The answer came Monday. The anonymous complaints levied with the league, according to sources, included accusations of bundling in Latin American, under-the-table benefits given to at least one draft pick and pre-draft deals struck months in advance – the latter two of which the league continues to investigate. One of Coppolella’s top lieutenants, longtime international scout Gordon Blakeley, resigned Monday as well.

Braves News

Just part of the game. Got to do what u got to do lol

Braves fans, I went ahead and separated this out from the news thread because it is huge news and is going to make waves throughout your organization and MLB. I really need someone to step up and help create threads for big news, instead of it being in all of the "catch all" threads. If people see these topics with threads of their own, the chances increase for them to sign up to talk about them. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast