Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I remember hoping wed get Vlad when he ended up going to Angels.
    I respect, appreciate all 4 players. Bonds & Clemens were better & deserve to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Happy for those that got in, but I really just don't care. It's a Hall of People the writers like. Let them have it. Maybe someday somebody smart will actually create a museum of the best, regardless of anything else.
    Amen bro.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Wow. Brewers looking to give Cubs and Cards a run for their money. I like it. Will they sign Darvish next... ?
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Oh snap! Hadn't payed attention to any baseball news all day. Brewers making power moves. Kinda random but **** it, I like it.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I've been reading about collusion theory within the ranks of the MLBPA. While collusion may be possible, I doubt it. I believe the reason so many free agents remain unsigned is rooted in simple mathematics. GM's are beginning to understand that past ( in prime) performance does not guarantee future (past prime) success. Too many Zito/Pujols type contracts hamstringing future payroll maneuverability.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I've been reading about collusion theory within the ranks of the MLBPA. While collusion may be possible, I doubt it. I believe the reason so many free agents remain unsigned is rooted in simple mathematics. GM's are beginning to understand that past ( in prime) performance does not guarantee future (past prime) success. Too many Zito/Pujols type contracts hamstringing future payroll maneuverability.
    Agreed. They don't realize how piss poor their clients are or old. There comes a time when you have to be smart about allocating your budget and resources without severe penalization that MLB is putting on these teams. Take it to the commissioners union, not the owners and GM's.

Also, the only person who should be blamed for this slow and awful non-giants related offseason is Scott Boras and Scott Boras only.

If not Boras specifically, the Boras mentality. Top $. They get paid, he gets paid.

Everyone wants top money for their work though. Seems to be a shift in the thinking on aging FA's and the luxury tax getting in the way as much or more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Everyone wants top money for their work though. Seems to be a shift in the thinking on aging FA's and the luxury tax getting in the way as much or more than anything else.
    And at least 3 of the bigger spenders want to reset the tax this year which limits the pay more than you should market.

Im going to be pissed if they strike this year. Actually excited for this season for the first time since like 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Im going to be pissed if they strike this year. Actually excited for this season for the first time since like 2013.

I was more excited about our roster heading in to the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I was more excited about our roster heading in to the last two seasons.
    Really? Damn. The thought of us actually having some offense excites me.

Yeah, the additions of Cueto and Samardzija had me more pumped than the recent additions of McCutchen and Longoria.

The BP still stinks on ice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Mets sign Todd Frazier to a two-year, $17M contract. He got waaaaaay less than I expected.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast