Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 107 of 146 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2184
  1. #1591
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Wouldnt be opposed to buying out Paniks arb and 1-2 free agency years.

  2. #1592
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Baseball Heaven
    Posts
    2,051
    Maybe now is time to negotiate an extra year or 2 to Posey and Crawford...backloaded

  3. #1593
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    36,395

  4. #1594
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    36,395

  5. #1595
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Maybe now is time to negotiate an extra year or 2 to Posey and Crawford...backloaded
    We've got them both signed into their mid-30s, I don't think we need to worry about extending them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Shocking a guy wouldn't sign a deal with a $10 million AAV. LOL Giants.

  6. #1596
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Thats a completely different narrative than what Sabean/ Evans have lead on throughout the offseason. Im feeling that Cains price has come down a ton and the Iants are going to push for him. And well loose our picks. And i will hate every ****ing member of that front office.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #1597
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Baseball Heaven
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    We've got them both signed into their mid-30s, I don't think we need to worry about extending them.
    Not concerned about how long they are signed for, but if you backload a couple of years you free up salary now to buy another outfielder or 2 and still not get into Luxury tax trouble.
    Baseball has been very very good to me!

  8. #1598
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    At the moment, at my computer
    Posts
    12,467
    Are the Giants planning on trading Hundley? Or are they going into the season with three catchers?

    Now that they added Hector Sanchez to a minor league deal, I wonder if they move Hundley to move the tiniest bit of salary.




  9. #1599
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,603
    Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Spliff, my good friend and mentor. I don't want any of these has beens. Let's build our club strong, from the ground up. I know it's going to take time. Won't have to take on other people's drift wood.
    Agree to disagree.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  10. #1600
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,516

    2018 Giants Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Not concerned about how long they are signed for, but if you backload a couple of years you free up salary now to buy another outfielder or 2 and still not get into Luxury tax trouble.
    Thats not how it works at all.

    1.) you cant just restructure contracts like that.
    2.) luxury tax accounts for annual salary not what player makes for the year.

    A 5 year 50 million contracts means 10 million towards luxury tax. Doesnt matter if you give the player a 1 million dollar salary in year one and 40 million in year two. It still averages out to 10 million / year and thats what counts towards the luxury tax.

    And you should be concerned for how long a player is signed for. You dont want to be paying a 37 yr old catcher or 36 year old SS catcher 20 million/ year. Eventually that will bite you in the *** as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lincecum4CY; 01-11-2018 at 10:43 PM.

  11. #1601
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,516

    2018 Giants Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Are the Giants planning on trading Hundley? Or are they going into the season with three catchers?

    Now that they added Hector Sanchez to a minor league deal, I wonder if they move Hundley to move the tiniest bit of salary.
    No. You cant trade a signed free agent. Sanchez is minor league depth and only that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1602
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Baseball Heaven
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Thats not how it works at all.

    1.) you cant just restructure contracts like that.
    2.) luxury tax accounts for annual salary not what player makes for the year.

    A 5 year 50 million contracts means 10 million towards luxury tax. Doesnt matter if you give the player a 1 million dollar salary in year one and 40 million in year two. It still averages out to 10 million / year and thats what counts towards the luxury tax.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though I have not researched it, I believed it was just like NFL and the cap. No, I don't want to pay old, non-producing players high income. But in 6 years, $25M will be bottom feeder money at the rate things are headed.

  13. #1603
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,603
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Shocking a guy wouldn't sign a deal with a $10 million AAV. LOL Giants.
    Seriously.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  14. #1604
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,603
    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Are the Giants planning on trading Hundley? Or are they going into the season with three catchers?

    Now that they added Hector Sanchez to a minor league deal, I wonder if they move Hundley to move the tiniest bit of salary.
    I highly doubt it.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  15. #1605
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    36,395
    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Are the Giants planning on trading Hundley? Or are they going into the season with three catchers?

    Now that they added Hector Sanchez to a minor league deal, I wonder if they move Hundley to move the tiniest bit of salary.
    Sanchez is just a depth move. They're keeping Hundley.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •