Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 146 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2184
    Quote Originally Posted by giants#25 View Post
    I hope they don't extend him nor get him. He'll be span in 2 yrs!
    They should give him a QO if they get a prospect back.

Giants made contract offer to CARLOS GONZALEZ

SAN FRANCISCO -- You can add another familiar name to the long list of outfielders the Giants are pursuing.

According to a report from ESPN, former Rockies All-Star Carlos Gonzalez has offers from the Giants, Astros and Padres. Gonzalez had been connected to several other teams earlier in the offseason, and according to MLB.com, a reunion with the Rockies is still in play.

The 32-year-old would be a fit for the Giants in one respect. He could provide a modest power upgrade in a corner outfield spot and he seems a fit with the win-now mentality of the front office. Gonzalez likely won't cost nearly as much as other current options, as he is coming off a down year.

Those 2017 numbers also show why Gonzalez probably shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the wish list, despite appearing in three All-Star Games over the past six seasons. Gonzalez hit just 14 homers last season and posted a .762 OPS despite playing half his games at Coors Field. His OPS+ of 87 was well below league average, and his road numbers -- .274 on-base percentage, .332 slugging -- were awful.

The Giants are into their third month of searching for a power bat for an outfield corner. They have been most often connected to Jay Bruce and Andrew McCutchen in recent weeks, but there were no indications this week that any deal was close to being completed.
    http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/gia...et-one-respect

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

I don't understand the whole theory of discussing trades for players like Cutch, Hamilton, Brewers OF's when you are reluctant to trade Chris shaw or Beede. Ya they are at the top of our system, but wouldn't be anywhere else. Arroyo was our #1 and he is rated 6 in Tampa's farm.

Does anyone else think Duggar has a little more to prove, to say he is the future CF option?

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Giants made contract offer to CARLOS GONZALEZ

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/gia...et-one-respect
    I like it. Hate his road numbers. But I'll take the cheap CarGo over expensive Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Great? I wouldn't say that. He's put up respectable numbers to get your attention, but never made anyone say "Wow." He's certainly not a can't miss prospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    I don't understand the whole theory of discussing trades for players like Cutch, Hamilton, Brewers OF's when you are reluctant to trade Chris shaw or Beede. Ya they are at the top of our system, but wouldn't be anywhere else. Arroyo was our #1 and he is rated 6 in Tampa's farm.

Does anyone else think Duggar has a little more to prove, to say he is the future CF option?
    Yea I'm starting to get convinced that loosing Shaw for a year of McCutchen would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    I like it. Hate his road numbers. But I'll take the cheap CarGo over expensive Bruce
    So would I most likely but I can't imagine him wanting to take a short "make good" contract in a hitters park.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So would I most likely but I can't imagine him wanting to take a short "make good" contract in a hitters park.
    Agreed. I'd love to have him though.

Giants bring back Hector Sanchez on a minor league deal.

He was a part of the Giants last two world series teams, so maybe he's the secret weapon we need

Pennant!
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Hot Stove /

Giants are a better team today than they were yesterday simply because Hector won't destroy them this season with San Diego.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

RedSox "quickly" rejected Dodgers offer of Puig for JBJ.

That should put to rest any talk of us trying to get JBJ as we certainly don't have the pieces to get him. And he's definitely not a guy I want to empty the farm for.

1. OF Heliot Ramos
    2. 1B/OF Chris Shaw
    3. RHP Tyler Beede
    4. OF Bryan Reynolds
    5. C/1B Aramis Garcia
    6. OF Sandro Fabian
    7. OF Steven Duggar
    8. LHP Garrett Williams
    9. LHP Andrew Suarez
    10. OF Heath Quinn

Heliot Ramos is now the clear-cut top prospect in the San Francisco Giants system after Christian Arroyo was dealt in the Evan Longoria trade. He hit .348/.404/.645 with 23 extra-base hits and 10 stolen bases in 151 plate appearances in rookie ball after going No. 19 overall last June.

Chris Shaw and Bryan Reynolds have both shown the offensive chops to be everyday players at the highest level, and right-hander Tyler Beede remains the best pitching prospect in the organization—even if he hasn't lived up to his first-round pedigree.

Dominican native Sandro Fabian hit .277 with 30 doubles and 11 home runs as a 19-year-old in Single-A and his ceiling is considerable. He also walked just 10 times in 503 plate appearances, though, so the jury is still out on his eventual ceiling.
    Last edited by SmokeWalker; 01-08-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Baseball America?