Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 92 of 146 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2184
    "Perfect match"

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

There are certain guys you know will be giants. Samardzija two years ago. Melancon last year. Jay bruce is that guy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    There are certain guys you know will be giants. Samardzija two years ago. Melancon last year. Jay bruce is that guy this year.
    Unfortunately youre correct here.

Pleaseeeeeeeee McCutchen [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am ok with Bruce and McCutcheon. Cutch for 1 year commit.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Mccutchen would be nice. Not enough money for both though, if they want to stay under the tax

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    It'll be one or the other, but I hope it's McCutchen even though it'll very likely be Bruce.

Werent there reports that said if the Giants missed out on Stanton they would focus their efforts on Cutch? Been watching video of Cutch he would be a solid, solid get,

Please giants fo, get Cutch without giving up Ramos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ellsbury had the opportunity to start in CF, he'd hit 10 HRs and steal 25 bases and bat .260 and play a great CF and could be a team's leadoff hitter. He might get an injury like a hamstring and be out 30 games, because he goes all out when he does play. Realistically, what would that be worth in terms of salary?

Hi contract is $21 million per year for the next 3 years with a 4th year team option for another $21 million and a buyout of $5 million. So the total minimum payout is $68 million and you wouldn't worry about the 4th year, because if you exercise it that would mean that his performance exceeded a $21 million dollar contract.

Now, if the Yankees paid 2/3 of his salary that would lower it from $21 million to $7 million and the Yankees could even kick in the option money. So, would the Giants really pass on a player with those statistics for a 3 year $21 million contract?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If Ellsbury had the opportunity to start in CF, he'd hit 10 HRs and steal 25 bases and bat .260 and play a great CF and could be a team's leadoff hitter. He might get an injury like a hamstring and be out 30 games, because he goes all out when he does play. Realistically, what would that be worth in terms of salary?

Hi contract is $21 million per year for the next 3 years with a 4th year team option for another $21 million and a buyout of $5 million. So the total minimum payout is $68 million and you wouldn't worry about the 4th year, because if you exercise it that would mean that his performance exceeded a $21 million dollar contract.

Now, if the Yankees paid 2/3 of his salary that would lower it from $21 million to $7 million and the Yankees could even kick in the option money. So, would the Giants really pass on a player with those statistics for a 3 year $21 million contract?
    Yes they would. Sorry bud, I think he's yours for the life of the contract.

Hard pass

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post

acquiring ellsbury would put giants over luxury tax. sell it all you want. its not happening.

Article from Pavlovic

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/gia...ts-next-giants

Glad to hear Bruce isn't Giants option A. Seems Pirates are asking a ton for Cutch.

If Giants think they can get an OF and bullpen help in one trade, i would have to imagine it's Baltimore's Adam Jones and one of their relievers such as Givens or Brach.

I hope Jones isn't an option because he was pretty bad defensively the past two seasons and produced only 3.2 WAR combined. The bat is fine though.

2016: -10 DRS, -10.1 UZR, -9.9 UZR/150
    2017: -12 DRS, -13.3 UZR, -14.4 UZR/150

Orioles closer Britton just got hurt.