Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Well, now Ghost in an interview after practice said he's "good to go". So I guess we'll see. Either:

A) Ghost sits anyway for precautionary reasons, Morin still scratched
    B) Hagg & Manning are scratched and Ghost & Morin play
    C) One of Hagg/Manning moves up to play with Gudas, Sanheim and one of Hagg/Manning sits

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Can we hope for "Option D": Dave Hakstol pulls a Patrick Roy and miraculously quits?

I wouldn't get too up/down over it.

Bottom line is it's a near certainty that at least one of the young guys will sit tomorrow night, we just don't know exactly who yet.

this G to lw experiment and the decision for the young D cannot come at a worse time. We have a pretty tough schedule to start with the 3 Cali games, wsh, preds 2x, oilers, ducks again, leafs. Tough schedule to being the season, we can easily fall behind quickly which is not ideal in the toughest division. Hopefully the top line can carry a lot of offense

Well, now Ghost in an interview after practice said he's "good to go". So I guess we'll see. Either:

A) Ghost sits anyway for precautionary reasons, Morin still scratched
    B) Hagg & Manning are scratched and Ghost & Morin play
    C) One of Hagg/Manning moves up to play with Gudas, Sanheim and one of Hagg/Manning sits

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    i think hagg is going to play for sure. one of morin/sanheim will sit.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    That still isnít really what is bothering me the most ... what is bothering me the most is that it is the same system (especially with PP1), with the same flawed approach and we are expecting different results. We revamped the 4th line, which is fairly minor, moved our best shooting and scoring threat to the 3rd line with dale Weise, moved our best center to wing to make room for Patrick, and promoted Hagg to replace Del Zotto/Schultz

All and all, the changes are minor or will produce less offense on an offensively challenged club

You would think, given our system, youíd give as many puck moving/scoring threat defenders to the NHL team (and not Amac and Manning); youíd go with more speed, deflection ability, and skill over size from the forward group (partially happened but canít say this is for sure with Weise and Lehtera in the lineup) because we need to retrieve the puck and forecheck so much due to the system ... it still doesnít make sense to me why the system hasnít changed and we have the players to integrate to make the system work better ... we arent fully leveraging what we have
    Specifically to the bolded.

1. Do we really know that yet? And pp1 was actually still good last year..

2. 4th line will probably play 15-20% of the ES minutes. Thats not minor

3. Debatable

4. Not our best C. Might not be our 2nd best C anymore.

5. Definitely the most NHL ready prospect the team had. Also the most well rounded. Actually makes sense.

Players got some new numbers:

Hagg: 8
    Morin: 5
    Leier: 20
    Patrick 19
    Sanheim: 6

Lines and D pairs today:

Giroux-Couts-Voracek
    Weal-Patrick-Simmonds
    Weise-Filppula-Konecny
    Leier-Laughton-Raffl
    Lehtera

Provorov-AMac
    Sanheim-Gudas
    Hagg-Manning
    Morin-Ghost

Ghost is indeed practicing and all reports are he looks good. My guess is whatever is bothering him is minor and he'll be back fairly soon. So because he's out, based on these pairings, my guess is Sanheim will play and Morin will be scratched. Sanheim is the perfect replacement for Ghost stylistically, and he's really the only other D option they have for PP time, so I see Provorov sliding up to PP1 and Sanheim playing PP2 tomorrow night.

Now IMO Morin should be playing for Manning. Why isn't he? My theory is that Ghost and Morin will be a pair when Ghost is healthy enough to play, so they're practicing together. Hagg would then slide up to play with Gudas and Sanheim would be sent back to Lehigh Valley, bringing Matt Read back up.

Hell, given his propensity for matching speed against speed and size against size, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ghost sit vs. LA on Thursday night and see Morin come in for Sanheim OR keep Sanheim in and drop either Hagg or Manning out for Morin, keeping Ghost out for "precautionary reasons".

But I don't expect the Flyers to carry 8 D men longer than they have to, so it's likely that as soon as Ghost is good to go, Sanheim goes back to the AHL.

At least we're likely gonna see him play tomorrow.

SINCE WHEN DID ROOKIES WHO DIDNT MAKE THE TEAM GET NEW REGULAR NUMBERS!!!!!!?!?!??!???!?!??!

<THIS DOES NOTHING BUT GIVE ME HOPE AGAIN>
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

I am equally as pissed about Konecny being on the 3rd line with Weise. Kid had a great year last year, so now you are essentially holding him back. It is beyond frustrating when the job of the GM and coach is to put the best possible lineup on the ice in order for the team to have the best chance at success. And everyone in here knows that isn't the case.

Guess who the Alternate captains are?

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Guess who the Alternate captains are?
    Considering the players typically pick their own captains, I'm now blaming Giroux for everything.

It's absolute ridiculousness.

Can Lombardi please hurry up and take care of this problem?

AMac & Flippula will be splitting the "A" duties this season. Definitely didn't see that coming. I was thinking maybe Gudas for the "A".

I just came in to post that news. My hope for AMac somehow going away is utterly destroyed now.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Really a shame that so many fans care about something that has literally nothing to do with us.

This is the Bellemare outrage all over again. Hell, even that was different because that was organizationally decided. The choices this year were a team vote. The players like and respect Filppula and MacDonald. They consider them to be leaders of this team in one way, shape or form.

That's all.

This has nothing to do with their ability as a player. This has nothing to do with how much they're going to play, if they'll ever get scratched, if they're going to get contract extensions. Nothing. Literally nothing has changed with respect to their status with the team. They're seen as leaders, now they have a letter on their chest. That's literally the only difference between the status of this team now and the status of this team before the announcement.

So if you're upset about this, don't be. It has nothing to do with you.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Specifically to the bolded.

1. Do we really know that yet? And pp1 was actually still good last year..

2. 4th line will probably play 15-20% of the ES minutes. Thats not minor

3. Debatable

4. Not our best C. Might not be our 2nd best C anymore.

5. Definitely the most NHL ready prospect the team had. Also the most well rounded. Actually makes sense.

SINCE WHEN DID ROOKIES WHO DIDNT MAKE THE TEAM GET NEW REGULAR NUMBERS!!!!!!?!?!??!???!?!??!

<THIS DOES NOTHING BUT GIVE ME HOPE AGAIN>
    They did make the team. They're all here, aren't they? Doesn't mean they're all staying.

Don't get your hopes up, I'm telling you.

filppula who won't (or should i say shouldn't, i pray they wont resign him) be here gets the A and amac gets one. ugh this is disgusting. I don't really mind them getting it because they are the veterans and stuff but it just shows you how much hexy/hak value them when they are utter garbage. How can hexy/hak bury amac in the minors 2 seasons ago and now give him the A is beyond me.

Really a shame that so many fans care about something that has literally nothing to do with us.

This is the Bellemare outrage all over again. Hell, even that was different because that was organizationally decided. The choices this year were a team vote. The players like and respect Filppula and MacDonald. They consider them to be leaders of this team in one way, shape or form.

That's all.

This has nothing to do with their ability as a player. This has nothing to do with how much they're going to play, if they'll ever get scratched, if they're going to get contract extensions. Nothing. Literally nothing has changed with respect to their status with the team. They're seen as leaders, now they have a letter on their chest. That's literally the only difference between the status of this team now and the status of this team before the announcement.

So if you're upset about this, don't be. It has nothing to do with you.
    for me its more so the direction they are going thats disappoints me. I know this isn't their year but it could have been a good growth for the team to get the young guys in. Amac isn't part of the future and it sucks that he takes up a spot from someone else and hinders provorov. Guess we won't see provorov away from him for a while now. I know you keep posting responses to everyone telling them not to get their hopes up but I some part of me was hoping amac would get buried still. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up lol

They did make the team. They're all here, aren't they? Doesn't mean they're all staying.

Don't get your hopes up, I'm telling you.
    But typically a player needs to be safe from immediate send down again. Like a semi permanent fixture on the roster.

However I can't really remember it ever being like this in the very beginning of the season before

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast