Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Having posted about those guys and guys like them for the past 3+ years, that whole patience thing is running a bit thin. We have another year, maybe two to wait. Those guys, except Myers - maybe - are all at least two years away, maybe even more with Hexy running the ship. Get a dose of reality, our rebuild was a 7 year rebuild from the start with the hope of the tail end of G and Voracek, with the hope that Couturier will still be peaking at 27 ... even though his body will be a 9 year NHL vet at that point and starting to slow down. I thought it was a 5 year rebuild. We are looking at 2019-2020 before we are good. So Iím annoyed. Iím dealing with it. It is crystal clear this year and next year we arenít going for anything. Next year will be better but more of the same.
    Castan, I think you're incredibly unrealistic and far too emotional on where this team is right now. With young players, you can never have solid ground as they all develop on their own pace. There's a very real chance that as soon as next year they're "good". It just takes a little time. I'd say stop worrying about what the timeline is and just accept that team has an incredibly bright future. Having a bright future is the most important aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Castan, I think you're incredibly unrealistic and far too emotional on where this team is right now. With young players, you can never have solid ground as they all develop on their own pace. There's a very real chance that as soon as next year they're "good". It just takes a little time. I'd say stop worrying about what the timeline is and just accept that team has an incredibly bright future. Having a bright future is the most important aspect.
    What is unrealistic though ... honestly, we havenít won a 1st round playoff series since 2011-2012 ... missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years and are probably going to miss it again next year.

Rubtsov, Sandstrom, Laberge, Bunnaman, Bernhardt, Hart, and maybe Allison & Marody are going to do an AHL year based on how we roll players out. We probably will see Myers and Lindblom next year, but that isnít as big of a lock as we all want ... probably trade Morin because this is his 3rd AHL season or he will also be here full time next year. We will still struggle with secondary scoring because it is the last year before some more contacts rollover.

That is pragmatic and realistic ... it is the painful reality. Iím actually not emotional ... I wanted good hockey and our bright future to happen before 2019/2020 ... it isnít going to. It will be a full 7 seaon rebuild not counting one year not under Hexy.

You say they can be good next year? What makes you say that? I think Amac is a lock to make this team, I think we suffer another year of Weise and Lehtera. Weal is so/so and fading ... might need to rejuvenate him or move on. What gives you an indication things will be different?

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Lol fans like you trip me out. Rubtsov is a possibility next season and so is Myers...That's another two. A possible third player is Lindblom who I forgot on that list. What do you want from Hextall? To load the team with rookies and have them just fly through with no real guidance or aim? Who would you take out for players other than that next season? We are looking at Read and Flip being gone after this year and those two forwards can come up...but who else would you like to move? RELAX!

Also, our cap situation is looking great starting next season...this offseason we will have 17 million in cap space and only Morin and Haag to resign with (HOPEFULLY) Rubtsov and Lindblom coming up (because of Flip and Read going...possibly leier but I would hope to resign him for our 4th line). You could also trade away Gudas and bring up Myers to finish that youth movement. Still will have well over 10M in cap space. The next season you need to resign TK, Provy, and Simmonds. Weal is a maybe as we don't know what he is yet and Raffl and Laughton depend on martel, Leier et al. production...but guess what? Lehtera is off the books at that point. The next season we are looking at AMac leaving us finally...This isn't even taking into account the possibility of Cap increases.

We also have a rookie-level coach that looks lost half the time with his poor decisions...because guess what? He's learning too! I would love for us to fire him, but we have no other options right now to be honest.

People in Philly need to chill for a bit on the Flyers. We are really building something that is going to be amazing for a long time and it may not fall during G's and Jake's primes, but in the end, it will be something that was worth the wait. There is no move that will put us over the top quickly so stop whining about that. We are looking at the probability of being a really good team, for a really long time. We are building the right way and, while it can be frustrating, it could be worth the wait...a lot better than getting frustrated by first/second round exits every season and having no hope for the future other than a lucky run....
    0 chance of Rubtsov next year. He is AHL bound by playing juniors this year. Maybe Vorobyov and Lindblom. I think Myers doesnít have a roster spot pending what happens with Gudas, Amac, and Morin and what the organization wants. Parroting things doesnít make the right.

Lehtera, Weise, Amac, the Morin situation, and Weal are all big ?s as of right now for next year. Weal is the person who can turn it around. We will have the same goalie situation which is a stop gap.

So I donít know why you think next year will be better than this year. More like 2019-2020 we have a shot, but next year is more of the same

0 chance of Rubtsov next year. He is AHL bound by playing juniors this year. Maybe Vorobyov and Lindblom. I think Myers doesnít have a roster spot pending what happens with Gudas, Amac, and Morin and what the organization wants. Parroting things doesnít make the right.

Lehtera, Weise, Amac, the Morin situation, and Weal are all big ?s as of right now for next year. Weal is the person who can turn it around. We will have the same goalie situation which is a stop gap.

So I donít know why you think next year will be better than this year. More like 2019-2020 we have a shot, but next year is more of the same
    it might be more of the same but this team can compete with most teams. Ya, we have lost 6 games in a row but most of those games were winnable. Growing pains of a young team and an eh coach. Once they get their groove, they can get on a roll. Hopefully hexy has a plan to get rid of some guys like buying out weise if thats a possibility or trading him for a 7th, getting guys like lindblom/vecchione a chance.

man... just realized Schenn has been a god so far lol... I wonder if that is something we will regret.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    it might be more of the same but this team can compete with most teams. Ya, we have lost 6 games in a row but most of those games were winnable. Growing pains of a young team and an eh coach. Once they get their groove, they can get on a roll. Hopefully hexy has a plan to get rid of some guys like buying out weise if thats a possibility or trading him for a 7th, getting guys like lindblom/vecchione a chance.
    Do you still think this?

Maybe the plan is to tank for Dahlin, so far, so good

Dahlin, Provorov, Sanheim & Ghost would be insane. Not even Hakstol could screw that up.

Do you still think this?
    i want to, badly.

you know that we dont ever tank. Even if we are in the hunt for the 1st, we will win the last 5 games and draft 8th overall

"The veteran presence, I canít explain it to you guys, but it makes a huge difference. Just to patch 6 kids in there and say, ĎGo get Ďem, guys,í youíre looking for disaster. Youíre not helping those kids"-hexy when asked why morin isn't up here...

Weise was our extra attacker tonight when the goalie was pulled. Dale freaking weise

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    "The veteran presence, I canít explain it to you guys, but it makes a huge difference. Just to patch 6 kids in there and say, ĎGo get Ďem, guys,í youíre looking for disaster. Youíre not helping those kids"-hexy when asked why morin isn't up here...

Weise was our extra attacker tonight when the goalie was pulled. Dale freaking weise
    Hexy is being a salesman right now

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Dahlin, Provorov, Sanheim & Ghost would be insane. Not even Hakstol could screw that up.
    You give him too much credit.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213