Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Big papi

And Chong.inc We ARE two players away. Only problem is those 2 players are Giancarlo Stanton and Max Scherzer
    .😕

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    And Chong.inc We ARE two players away. Only problem is those 2 players are Giancarlo Stanton and Max Scherzer
    .😕
    Honestly I dont know if that does it. I suppose if we're healthy then we would have a big 3 in Travis dosh and Stanton (hopefully add smoak if he keeps it up).
    You know what, once you add smoak then that might be enough. I'm sure they can scrape together some war at C, SS, CF, LF abd DH with the players on the roster.

Problems also would arise at the end of the season with dosh and smoak getting huge raises.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Honestly I dont know if that does it. I suppose if we're healthy then we would have a big 3 in Travis dosh and Stanton (hopefully add smoak if he keeps it up).
    You know what, once you add smoak then that might be enough. I'm sure they can scrape together some war at C, SS, CF, LF abd DH with the players on the roster.

Problems also would arise at the end of the season with dosh and smoak getting huge raises.

Actually, Smoak is signed cheap for 2 more years. If we still want him after next season he only costs like 6M. Donaldson will be due a raise, but that may not be too much of a difference depending on what happens with his arbitration/contract extension talks this off season. He will be making 20+ million if he doesn't sign long term, and if he does sign long term the difference between 2017-18 and 2018-19 probably won't be too crazy. It will be all the other ARB cases that kill us over the next few years. Guys like Stroman, Pillar, Sanchez and Osuna are going to start getting hefty raises compared to the pennies they are currently making. Travis as well if he actually stays healthy the next couple seasons and produces like he has in the past.

If we are only "2 players away" I think those 2 players are more like JD Martinez and Giancarlo Stanton. Or Votto and Stanton. As much as I love Scherzer, I think our hitting needs WAY more help than our pitching. If Sanchez comes back our rotation led by him, Stroman, Happ and Estrada is still very, very good. It would be nice to add an ace like Scherzer in case Sanchez continues to have problems, but our hitting needs help in a bad way.

We need to add high OPS bats. Hopefully 2 or 3 of them. In an ideal world I would love to trade Morales and Smoak while adding Votto and Stanton if those teams are looking to shed salary..

I believe you are mistaken but perhaps I am. I was pretty sure this past season was smoaks first year of his 2 year deal, leaving only next season at a bargain.

I agree though offense wins games and we had one of the worst offenses in the league last year.

Let's get back to reality though. It's more likely we see some meh players added. Management won't spend the money and prospects to get top end talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I believe you are mistaken but perhaps I am. I was pretty sure this past season was smoaks first year of his 2 year deal, leaving only next season at a bargain.

I agree though offense wins games and we had one of the worst offenses in the league last year.
    He has a team option for the third year at 6 million
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 10-18-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    He has a team option for the third year at 6 million
    that and Osunas contracts are the best assets on our big league roster along with Stroman and Sanchez

our saving grace is that we have 3 elite young pitchers, I see that and I know We're not that far away. trading anyone else I can live with, even JD as long as we get the right smart pieces back

I agree with this. Pitching is not going to be an issue for the Jays for a long time. They have what they do already at the MLB level and more in the pipeline. They need position players. Get younger and more speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daboyz View Post
    I agree with this. Pitching is not going to be an issue for the Jays for a long time. They have what they do already at the MLB level and more in the pipeline. They need position players. Get younger and more speed.
    I don't know. Our pitching depth is pretty bad and a lot of the Jays best upper-level pitching prospects didn't do too well this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I don't know. Our pitching depth is pretty bad and a lot of the Jays best upper-level pitching prospects didn't do too well this past season.
    Yeah it's a major blemish in our system. We have no pitching prospects who are even close to the show. Unless Greene and SRF make huge strides in their development, they shouldn't see the MLB roster next year. Nate Pearson is intriguing but I'm not about to blow my load over a guy with 40 IP that low in the minors.

After those 3 names there's nothing special. Thomas Pannone, TJ Zeuch etc. Nothing special. We need to stock up on pitchers big time.

word out of NY i that Try Hillman is ine of the favirites fir theYankee job as either Manager or bench coach He managed in Japan with the Ham Fighters and speaks fluent Japanese

Otanihas a relationship with him as a high schooler and it cant hurt in the Tanaka negotiations either, as he can speak to them and relate to their customs. just something to keep our eyes on

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yeah it's a major blemish in our system. We have no pitching prospects who are even close to the show. Unless Greene and SRF make huge strides in their development, they shouldn't see the MLB roster next year. Nate Pearson is intriguing but I'm not about to blow my load over a guy with 40 IP that low in the minors.

After those 3 names there's nothing special. Thomas Pannone, TJ Zeuch etc. Nothing special. We need to stock up on pitchers big time.
    Your missing Borucki probably the closest MLB guy we have but your right it's an issue. It would be awesome to sign a guy like Otani and have 3 young top end starters to move forward with and fill the rest from within and FA.

Well they said they need an arm and a bat. Otani fills both roles lol. 2 birds stoned at once.

by the way - how did Smoak not be a finalist for GG in 2017?

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast