Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Silver: NBA players expected to stand during national anthem

After a recent board of governor's meeting, NBA commissioner said that NBA players are expected to stand during the national anthem:
    “It's been a rule as long as I've been involved with the league, and my expectation is that our players will continue to stand for the anthem,” Silver said.
    Asked if there would be a penalty if a player or team were to violate that rule, Silver said: “All I can say is if that were to happen, we’ll deal with it when it happens.”
    - Steve Aschburner, NBA.com

they should have cancelled it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    they should have cancelled it
    Lol. Imagine if the NFL did that and the players end up just digging their own grave. How much money you reckon it takes to lose before you go back to doing your job?

Smart to get ahead of the issue and also to let them know that a press conference/dialogue before their first home game to address the issues at hand is what they recommend if the teams choose to take a political stance. We don't need Trump/The Russians/BLM, etc getting in the middle of everything.

This was addressed in the Chris Jackson days. He didn't want to participate, so he prayed during the anthem. I feel like telling them they can't is asking for trouble though.

This has come up before with Muslim players. There's already precedent.

Yea, Mahmoud Abdul Rauf. The ahk been representing since back in the day. Haha, he cool as hell, he can still ball

Honestly, I think nba players should get involved. This whole kaepernick kneeling, then trump calling out players and owners, then them responding. The indgredients are ripe, they got a chance to make a change here and maybe change the way our system views black America. Something's gotta change, what better opportunity.

Cuz take our tax money we worked for all year to help make billionaires richer, no biggie. But I'll be damned if you take our sports away from us

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea, Mahmoud Abdul Rauf. The ahk been representing since back in the day. Haha, he cool as hell, he can still ball

Honestly, I think nba players should get involved. This whole kaepernick kneeling, then trump calling out players and owners, then them responding. The indgredients are ripe, they got a chance to make a change here and maybe change the way our system views black America. Something's gotta change, what better opportunity.

Cuz take our tax money we worked for all year to help make billionaires richer, no biggie. But I'll be damned if you take our sports away from us
    yeah yeah yeah!!!!

wait what?

Yeah yeah yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both teams should have players interlock arms if they can't kneel as a sign of unity and protest.

Does it say which we they need to stand? If not, they can just stand with their backs turned to the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo:31878101
    Does it say which we they need to stand? If not, they can just stand with their backs turned to the court.
    I dont think so. But turning their backs on the court will likely go to a narrative that they're turning their back to the country blah blah. What if a player shows up to the game with those sandals that have a flag on it? Will he be grilled for stepping on the flag?

Adam Silver continues to show why hes the best commissioner in sports. You can agree or disagree with kneeling for the Anthem, but it will hit the bottom line, so hes getting ahead of it.

Silver: NBA players expected to stand during national anthem

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

I know you are being sarcastic but this is how I actually feel.
    Last edited by ewing; 09-30-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

way to take the wing out my sails

...on the closing line too
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    That's my thought also.

Off course, if that happens, Silver may just turn the players shower, into gas ovens, as was done to his family and their friends when they were they were the oppressed
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast