Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,237
    Personally I would start Matt Moore next week. I don't know if Matt Moore is the answer but not sure another week of Jay Cutler will end up in different results.

    I use to complain about Tannehill conservative ways but Cutler makes Tannehill look like Dan Fouts.

    Last year we started off just as bad and made the playoffs thanks to Gase cutting 3 offensive lineman. I wouldnt count us out yet. New England has not looked good, if they didnt get lucky last week they could just as easily be 1-3.

    The defense has been a bend but don't break defense. I am not sure if that makes them a good defense. It keeps the scores low but it also keeps our offensive possessions low.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,106
    ^^^^To play devils advocate, last year we lost to 3 teams that finished with a winning record and scored a lot more points then we have so far.

    Say what you want about Tannehill but his style of play covered up a lot on this offense. He had the arm to throw even when his footwork was bad and he would stay and take a hit. Yea it led to some ****** sacks that he could avoid but it also created plenty of big plays, especially last year. Cutler hasn't attempted enough deep passes but he also doesn't have a lot of chances to do so. Tannehill would stay and take the hit if he knew it would give us a chance. I mean this offense is absolutely nothing without him so far.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,237
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^To play devils advocate, last year we lost to 3 teams that finished with a winning record and scored a lot more points then we have so far.

    Say what you want about Tannehill but his style of play covered up a lot on this offense. He had the arm to throw even when his footwork was bad and he would stay and take a hit. Yea it led to some ****** sacks that he could avoid but it also created plenty of big plays, especially last year. Cutler hasn't attempted enough deep passes but he also doesn't have a lot of chances to do so. Tannehill would stay and take the hit if he knew it would give us a chance. I mean this offense is absolutely nothing without him so far.
    The offense played very well under Matt Moore. It may be that Jay Cutler is the problem or at least part of the problem more than Tannehill or Moore is the answer. That jump ball to Thomas was a horrible throw, Cutler needed to throw that ball between Thomas and the end zone side line not on the defenders side. It would of been nice to see Thomas put forth a better effort but it look like Thomas wasnt even position yet, but regardless that doesn't excuse Cutler. That wildcat play, at least look like a decoy not stand there like your reading a book. Whether its a good thing or not I am willing to bet Matt Moore would of found ways to get that ball downfield.

    Its all guess work unless you play all 3 QBS in the same scenario and see the results but so far this offense under Cutler has been horrible in comparison to both Moore and Tannehill. Cutler hasnt led the offense to a first half TD yet.

    I have never been a Cutler fan but he looks worst now than he ever did with the Bears. I was willing to give him a chance but I wanted Matt Moore over Jay Cutler. I personally think Matt Moore is better than Jay Cutler and 3 games in nothing has changed my opinion. Its only 3 games but I don't see how we could look worst with Moore over Cutler. Cutler only looked good in the second half of the Chargers game.

    I am hoping if Cutler cant do anything in the first half of the game against the Titans that Gase considers a change to Moore. I am not saying that we need to draft a opening day starting QB next year, but we need a future QB because right now in my opinion we dont have a QB that we can call a franchise QB.

    I believe going forward the Dolphins need to look at a top 3 round pick on a QB next season.
    Last edited by Plague; 10-02-2017 at 01:55 AM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,387
    people had unrealistic expectations this year. we were a poo team last year but had a weak schedule. LB core + OL are worse than last year

    I thought Tankersley looked better than any CB on our team in this game than any other CB has at any point all year. he needs to remain our #1 but we have dumb coaches so who knows. next season it needs to be Tank #1 and Lippett #2 as the starters with Howard the backup

    Ajayi + Landry is all we have on offense. Suh + Jones all we have on defense. Wake is done imo

    the Cutler pass to Thomas was fine. Thomas just sucks. was a horrible play call as well knowing he sucks

    this was the first game of the season where I thought the defense played well. thought they sucked the first 2 games. no pass rush to speak of in any game yet though

    OL misses Albert and I knew they would. OL has been horrendous

    I think Cutler has played better than Tannehill. The top 3 problems for us this year so far have been LBs, Gase, and pass rush. 4th would be CB

    Tannehill wouldn't have survived the Jets game btw. if he played that he would have been sacked 10x

    DVP sucks. not as bad as Thomas but he needs be traded. all the hype of him in the preseason was just hype and the fact that Maxwell is horrible

    the only thing Tannehill brings to the table over Cutler which is also one of the things he has over Moore is helping Ajayi. teams hesitate on defense not knowing if he is going to hand it off or run it himself

    keep in mind Gase said after the Jets loss that he was tired of the offense sucking for 2 years. 2 years

    Gase looks so lost this year. thought he was supposed to be an offensive genius but KC, Philly, Rams all seem to have better offensive minds

    we have 0 chance of doing anything this year. we got smoked by a team intentionally trying to lose and couldn't score on one of the wore defenses in the league. this was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule


    Mariota and Julio got injured on Sunday. Titans have the worst defense we will see all year

    If we lose to Atl and Tenn I see us losing out which is what I want us to


    Miami needs to draft Lamar Jackson

    R1 Lamar Jackson
    #1 FA Target Jimmy Graham

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    28,107
    Cutler has made 8 starts since start of 2016. His team hasn't topped 20 points in any of them.

    A somewhat telling stat. I myself just wanted to ride Moore and save the money but sided with Gase being it seemed he really wanted to bring in Cutler but it isn't looking great so far.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    people had unrealistic expectations this year. we were a poo team last year but had a weak schedule. LB core + OL are worse than last year

    I thought Tankersley looked better than any CB on our team in this game than any other CB has at any point all year. he needs to remain our #1 but we have dumb coaches so who knows. next season it needs to be Tank #1 and Lippett #2 as the starters with Howard the backup

    Ajayi + Landry is all we have on offense. Suh + Jones all we have on defense. Wake is done imo

    the Cutler pass to Thomas was fine. Thomas just sucks. was a horrible play call as well knowing he sucks

    this was the first game of the season where I thought the defense played well. thought they sucked the first 2 games. no pass rush to speak of in any game yet though

    OL misses Albert and I knew they would. OL has been horrendous

    I think Cutler has played better than Tannehill. The top 3 problems for us this year so far have been LBs, Gase, and pass rush. 4th would be CB

    Tannehill wouldn't have survived the Jets game btw. if he played that he would have been sacked 10x

    DVP sucks. not as bad as Thomas but he needs be traded. all the hype of him in the preseason was just hype and the fact that Maxwell is horrible

    the only thing Tannehill brings to the table over Cutler which is also one of the things he has over Moore is helping Ajayi. teams hesitate on defense not knowing if he is going to hand it off or run it himself

    keep in mind Gase said after the Jets loss that he was tired of the offense sucking for 2 years. 2 years

    Gase looks so lost this year. thought he was supposed to be an offensive genius but KC, Philly, Rams all seem to have better offensive minds

    we have 0 chance of doing anything this year. we got smoked by a team intentionally trying to lose and couldn't score on one of the wore defenses in the league. this was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule


    Mariota and Julio got injured on Sunday. Titans have the worst defense we will see all year

    If we lose to Atl and Tenn I see us losing out which is what I want us to


    Miami needs to draft Lamar Jackson

    R1 Lamar Jackson
    #1 FA Target Jimmy Graham
    Come on man . . . Ajayi is rock solid, but Parker has by far been the best WR on this roster so far. Every team knows what Landry offers . . . slot play. You won't see Landry go further than 10-15 yards on a route. I love Landry, but I personally think if we can get a 1st for him in the off-season, we should do it. Carroo can fill our slot WR next year for cheaper.

    Also, I agree we have a garbage team right now, but if we go 1-15 like you say, we're drafting Darnold, not Jackson lol. Jackson is a RGIII clone imo. I like his talents and appreciate his skill, but not sure his body can hold up in the NFL. Jackson is my #4 QB behind Darnold, Rosen and Rudolph. I am 75% onboard with drafting a QB in the 1st rd . . . but I would also look hard at the best edge rusher or CB as well. we have so many damn holes still its hard.

    I can't argue with Jimmy Graham . . . that would be a nice signing depending on the price. But my #1 FA target right now is Malcolm Butler. He and that whole defense is having a down year, and maybe can be had for cheaper than this year. but I think he is a legit #1 CB, something we don't have. Drop Maxwell, add a couple million for Butler, and we have our 1CB done and done.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 10-02-2017 at 12:18 PM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,237
    The Jets are 2-2. They might not be very good but they are not intentionally losing.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,387
    my top 3 QBs are Darnold, Allen and Lamar in that order. I dont expect to get the #1 pick. Im going with Lamar because I think he fits our offense well. Allen is going to be a stud even though people have soured on him

    Rosen is the QB highly regarded I don't really like

    Rudolph is a 2nd rounder

    Butler will cost too much and I don't think its a big enough need to spend that kind of money on


    Jets and Bills were both trying to tank intentionally for a QB. just because they have won doesnt make it any less so. it is just hard to do so


    Landry has had 2 wide open TDs missed because of QB play so far this season. lol Carroo can not replace his talent. he is one of the best WRs in the game. Gase knows how valuable he is. like I said Landry + Ajayi are the only things we have on offense. Landry is a top 20 WR.

    DVP has shown me nothing to suggest he will ever amount to anything or that he will get extended. I trade him in the offseason for a 2nd or 3rd. he has no value to us and brings nothing to our offense

    wish their was a way to get OBJ. I would trade Parker, Stills and a high pick for him. I dont see Giants ever letting him go though so just draft someone like Pettis or something
    Landry, Lamar, Jimmy, Ajayi would be unstoppable

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,387
    Allen, Rosen, Lamar and Sam are all 1st rounders. the next best QB might be Baker and the last one I would even consider. Rudolph is pretty bad but James Washington saves him

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Cutler has made 8 starts since start of 2016. His team hasn't topped 20 points in any of them.

    A somewhat telling stat. I myself just wanted to ride Moore and save the money but sided with Gase being it seemed he really wanted to bring in Cutler but it isn't looking great so far.
    Yeah that would be my guess, injuries taking its toll on his career.

    I hope that he turns it around of course.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •