Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Anybody think lefty and stylez may be the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How can you not be at least hopeful given how close we've been playing. When you look at our mistakes, they aren't from a lack of effort, they are because a young player completely blows an assignment. While those are bad, they are expected of such a young team. If we keep playing hard and start gaining that knowledge and experience we have an opportunity to grow into a good team.

Well, just go through the roster. How many of these guys will be here in two years? On offense? Definitely not the QB, half the Oline, and 2/3 of the WR's. We are just really looking at Taylor and Kittle for evaluation. Maybe Trent Brown. But you might as well ignore Hoyer, Aldrick Robinson, and most of the interior Oline.

On defense, the secondary will probably change by 50%, and Malcom Smith & Foster aren't on the field. So it's really assessment of the Dline, and I guess the safeties?

They aren't evaluating some of their rookies like Joe Williams, CJ Beatherd, and Withurspoon.

So aside from a handful of players, in reality, we are evaluating the coaches more than anything. Can they effectively prepare the niners to win games? Offensively and defensively.
    This is more about the draft than the coaching cause when you drafting players, esp upper round players, on a rebuilding team, you expect them to contribute. Withurspoon hasn't been on the fields. It's not like they draft a very raw high ceiling guy, they **** up that pick by not doing their homework. If they had drafted my Kamara instead, he would've been our first playmaker in this draft but the FO didn't think playmakers are worth drafting for some reason. Even as a decoy, he will have the defense worry while allowing other receivers less coverage for Hoyer and it gives him an elusive player with good hands out of the backfield he can rely on TO MAKE PLAYS!!!

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Anybody think lefty and stylez may be the same person?
    No cause lefty arguments are reasonable

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Considering he thought that the first game of the preseason was the worst game ever his opinion wouldn't change. He hates this team and doesn't think much of them. When we lose he posts a 1000 times. When we win he's a ghost.
    That's just bizarre to me. By that logic every year we don't win the Superbowl is equally as bad. So he felt as bad about our team the year we nearly won the SB as he did about our team last season.

I haven't been popping in here much due to time constraints so I'm not sure how much this has been discussed, but damn, we couldn't ask for the season to go any better than it has.

0-5 with 4 really tight games. Now, could the offense be more entertaining? Certainly. However, if they were, we might have a win or two under our belts and that clearly is not ideal for our tank.

The Giants look inept and have now lost OBJ for the year. We've gotta out-tank everyone for that number 1. A good draft and free agency period, with one year under the belts of our current rookies, and suddenly were a pretty competitive team in '18/'19

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I haven't been popping in here much due to time constraints so I'm not sure how much this has been discussed, but damn, we couldn't ask for the season to go any better than it has.

0-5 with 4 really tight games. Now, could the offense be more entertaining? Certainly. However, if they were, we might have a win or two under our belts and that clearly is not ideal for our tank.

The Giants look inept and have now lost OBJ for the year. We've gotta out-tank everyone for that number 1. A good draft and free agency period, with one year under the belts of our current rookies, and suddenly were a pretty competitive team in '18/'19
    Most of us would agree, there's someone who finds the attitude ridiculous, but the overwhelming majority's thought process is right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

My hope for the season I posted here somewhere was 0-16 with every game within 7 points. 4 out of 5 so far.

Honestly, I wonder when they are going to start sitting players who are performing too well?

Garcon? Staley? Hyde? Reid? Mitchell?

(kind of sad that that list is so short )

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Honestly, I wonder when they are going to start sitting players who are performing too well?

Garcon? Staley? Hyde? Reid? Mitchell?

(kind of sad that that list is so short )
    Well there are more you could have listed too, Buckner, Brown, they could just IR Foster lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Well there are more you could have listed too, Buckner, Brown, they could just IR Foster lol
    Yeah ... I just figured I'd leave the youngsters out because their development is still important for the future.

Brown has looked shockingly good. I thought he'd be okay, but he's been kind of incredible on a bad team.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678