Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 105 of 170 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2542
  1. #1561
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,641
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Or Howard, Landry and keep our pick. Drafting Barkley almost makes Cohen useless. So that is another thing to consider. Running back is currently not an issue for us.
    Im. It passing a potentially elite prospect for Cohen. Lol.

    And yes. You can maybe get landry but you never know of that will be availible.

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Or Howard, Landry and keep our pick. Drafting Barkley almost makes Cohen useless. So that is another thing to consider. Running back is currently not an issue for us.
    What's wrong with having BOTH Barkley and Cohen? The object is to get Trubisky as many weapons as humanly possibly. So no, I don't see getting Barkley making Cohen useless, it makes the Bears deeper. (If it were to happen.)
    Screw sabermetics.

  3. #1563
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,721
    Why would we trade away a RB that is a young, productive cornerstone of our already lacking offense to get a WR that could be a young cornerstone of our offense? Thats a horizontal move, and you have to hope the RB we draft pans out. We’d be better off keeping howard and using our draft capital and money to attack WR through FA and the draft. And im tired of hearing about how you think he cant catch Kyben, because he’s fantastic at everything else, and he’s not THAT bad at catching. You want to throw away a great RB bc he’s not the best at catching but your plan is to replace him with an unknown rookie RB (and it wont be barkley barring a trade up). Rookie RBs are not surefire picks, no matter how high they’re drafted: ron dayne, cedric benson, trent richardson, eddie lacy to name a few.

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    408
    There’s been plenty of elite prospect RB’s that haven’t lived up to their hype in the past 20 years. Drafting him would essentially make Cohen and Howard useless. It just doesn’t make any sense at all when other needs will be available.

    If he was such a can’t miss prospect, 7 other teams wouldn’t pass on him.

  5. #1565
    MGB's Avatar
    MGB is offline mundayne ejaculation man
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,543
    Instead of blowing the #8 overall on a RB, maybe they can just focus on improving Howard’s catching ability in the offseason...

    IMO taking Barkley @ 8 would be a colossal waste when there will be elite prospects available at positions we actually have holes.

  6. #1566
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    408
    Barkley is projected as an every down RB. That means less playing time for Cohen. Yes, both can be on the field at the same time, but when has this ever been done in the past with a so called “best RB prospect” in the past?

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    408
    There’s no reason that Howard and Cohen next year in a new offense that will have WAY better play calling can’t come close to 2500 rushing/receiving yards combined.

    I’d take that and our pick over Barkley in a heartbeat.

  8. #1568
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,641
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    There’s been plenty of elite prospect RB’s that haven’t lived up to their hype in the past 20 years. Drafting him would essentially make Cohen and Howard useless. It just doesn’t make any sense at all when other needs will be available.

    If he was such a can’t miss prospect, 7 other teams wouldn’t pass on him.
    I don't expect hin to make it there. In Fact i think he goes #1 right now. I think some of you dont realize he is a better prospect than elliot. And i get the love for howard. But his glaring weekness of an inability to be an outlet doesn't help Mitch. And to me. Helping mitch is way more important.

    I mean you guys saw what Kamarra and Mccafrey did out of the backfield this year. It makes every play harder to stop... And gives mitch a pass catching outlet on broken plays.

    I mean i know we need receivers for Mitch (why my sugestion has us trading howard for one) but getting a RB who can be a 700-1000 yard receiver out of thr backfield really helps the offense.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 01-12-2018 at 01:55 PM.

  9. #1569
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI for some reason.
    Posts
    19,325
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Barkley is projected as an every down RB. That means less playing time for Cohen. Yes, both can be on the field at the same time, but when has this ever been done in the past with a so called “best RB prospect” in the past?
    McAllister and Bush.

    Not to suggest I'm at all in favor of trading Howard or drafting Barkley or any of that nonsense, because I'm not. But this has been done.


  10. #1570
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    Why would we trade away a RB that is a young, productive cornerstone of our already lacking offense to get a WR that could be a young cornerstone of our offense? Thats a horizontal move, and you have to hope the RB we draft pans out. We’d be better off keeping howard and using our draft capital and money to attack WR through FA and the draft. And im tired of hearing about how you think he cant catch Kyben, because he’s fantastic at everything else, and he’s not THAT bad at catching. You want to throw away a great RB bc he’s not the best at catching but your plan is to replace him with an unknown rookie RB (and it wont be barkley barring a trade up). Rookie RBs are not surefire picks, no matter how high they’re drafted: ron dayne, cedric benson, trent richardson, eddie lacy to name a few.
    Howard is bad at catching the ball.

    32 targets; credited with 6 drops for a 19% drop rate.

    For RBs w/ >10 targets on the season that was 4th worst in the NFL.

    This RB class is loaded. Have no issue taking an RB although would shy away at taking one #8 overall.

  11. #1571
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI for some reason.
    Posts
    19,325
    Quote Originally Posted by The ChILL View Post
    Howard is bad at catching the ball.

    32 targets; credited with 6 drops for a 19% drop rate.

    For RBs w/ >10 targets on the season that was 4th worst in the NFL.

    This RB class is loaded. Have no issue taking an RB although would shy away at taking one #8 overall.
    We have *so* many holes and only 7 draft picks. One of the few, few spots where we have no holes but rather a surplus, is RB.

    Hard pass on drafting a RB.


  12. #1572
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    3,662
    There are several RB's I like in this draft, so if the Bears decided they get an offer they cannot refuse on Howard, the they should not hesitate to make the trade.
    Screw sabermetics.

  13. #1573
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    41,491
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    We have *so* many holes and only 7 draft picks. One of the few, few spots where we have no holes but rather a surplus, is RB.

    Hard pass on drafting a RB.
    So what, FA hasn't even happened yet and we're about to be probably THE destination for FA to land on with a crap load of money to dish out. Most of those holes will be filled well ahead of the draft.

    We're probably not going to give Howard a 2nd contract due to his limitations. It's okay to admit, guys, that he does hold us back in the passing game and RB have short shelf lives as it is - selling high on Howard wouldn't be some travesty that we can't overcome IMO. Especially if we get a RB that actually fits the offense better. The system is going to use a lot of quick passes as an extension of the running game. To expect Howard to suddenly be a respectable pass catcher after he put in a lot of work (by his own words) to improve there last offseason and still sucked balls, is a bit of a stretch.

    I dunno, I just don't look at RB the same anymore. Howard is a lot of fun between the tackles. He's a good runner. But that's it. That is replaceable.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

  14. #1574
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI for some reason.
    Posts
    19,325
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    So what, FA hasn't even happened yet and we're about to be probably THE destination for FA to land on


  15. #1575
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    408
    What would an example of an offer they can’t refuse be? Just curious, as I feel people expect to get way more then what would realistically be offered for him. A realistic offer would be what was traded for Ajayi.

    Also, wouldn’t every single players our team, let alone in the league, be available for an offer too good to refuse?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •