Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2542
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    FWIW, when I say I want Ridley in the 1st, I'm saying in addition to a guy like Landry via FA... and even then I'm looking to get AT LEAST ANOTHER one before the 5th round (ie our first 4 picks). I think we are in that much trouble at WR right now.

If we completely strike out in FA, I'd be drafting 3 or even 4 guys. Meredith is the only guy on this roster I remotely care about right now.... I have no expectations that White will play for anything but a hospital league, or be useful even if he does manage to stay healthy..... Wheaton has been a total bust, Kendall Wright is an expensive backup, and Bellamy never should have even made the team, and couldn't catch a cold, but has still somehow managed to show more than Innman has, outside of 1 game. Oh and Gentry (who I liked mostly on account of everyone else sucking and being worth the shot) was entirely useless when he was given a chance.... I figure you need about 4 capable guys (3 "starters" with a 4th guy who rotates in heavily to give people breathers and can cover 1 of the 3 starting spots after the seemingly inevitable injury), and right now we have just 1 of those 4.... moreover the one we have, should probably be the #3 or #4 guy for us, if we really had a strong roster, rather than our #2 (or even worse the #1 guy like they where going to make him this season)

My ideal depth post FA/Draft would be something like

Outside WR1: Ridley *early-mid 1st* > White > Innman
    Outside WR2: Cam Meredith > (Jaleel Scott *mid-late 2nd- early 3rd* -OR- Arden Tate *early 2nd*)
    Slot: Landry > Wright

I'd also like to find a Flex TE, since I'm fairly sure nearly having his leg amputated probably removes Zach Miller from our roster next season. Whether we can do that in FA or the draft is the question (thought Ebron was gonna be a FA, but apparently they have him under contract another year)
    I had read somewhere (don't recall where) that Cam's success was primarily done out of the slot, and struggled some when playing outside receiver. Anyone know where you can find info on that? Think that could adjust appetite for Landry since we would have 3 slot receivers at that point in Cam, Landry, and Wright. But not sure what his stats look like outside versus slot since I cant find that article anywhere now.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    To draft another injury prone pass rusher?
    I mean just a high potential pass rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davante Adams suffered his 3rd known concussion in the last 2 years. Might give some pause during FA.

The soon-to-be free agent receiver suffered a concussion in September on an illegal hit from Bears linebacker Danny Trevathan. He also dealt with a concussion in October of last season.

Trevathan was suspended a game for his hit on Adams. Davis is likely to face similar punishment from the league.

Adams’ concussion history could play a factor in upcoming contract talks, a disappointing reality for a young receiver otherwise enjoying a career season. Adams is among the NFL’s leaders with 10 touchdown receptions in 2017, and he came into Sunday’s game on pace for his first career 1,000-yard season.
    http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...er-concussion/

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    If pace fails to sign at least one of Landry Adams Robinson or Watkins i think we seriously need to reevaluate his aproach at FA. I get not overpaying but we need Mitch help because im sorry but pace can't afford for mitch to fail. And without help your setting hin up to.
    Agreed. When you look at salary cap allocation we are poised to spend big $ at WR. Add Marquise Lee to that list and you can realistically come away with 2. Go and sign A.Rob and Watkins. Not conventional. Probably not ideal, but we need to see what we have in Trubisky and while he is on his rookie deal with that 5th year option you can get away with overpaying in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    So, I'll stop with the Ridley love after this post but this is the kind of stuff that show the elite factor

https://twitter.com/WurthDraft/statu...24829946449932
    A 10 yard stop route where he beats the guy deep, then stops and beats the guy again coming back for the ball.... Nobody on the Bears roster comes anywhere close to being able to do that.

https://twitter.com/JonValencia_WiB/...92224807346189
    Getting 5 yards of separation vs an LSU corner (both of which are slated to go in the first 3 rounds this year)... Watch the draft breakdown of that game, he was practically uncoverable.

https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/...56870359437312
    Probably his most shown quick highlight, where be breaks some corner's ankles and beats him deep.

https://twitter.com/WurthDraft/statu...43887865556992
    Another example of him blatantly creating space for himself.

https://twitter.com/MichaelKistNFL/s...09226212360193
    Working in space, showing Cohen like start-stop agility.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/921769481789206528
    Tim Tebow's SEC "Freak of the Week"

And yeah
    https://twitter.com/calvinridley1/st...571329?lang=en
    "Bears come get ya boy also!!!" (after we drafted Eddie Jackson)

https://twitter.com/calvinridley1/st...69361769377792
    "Bears fan"

About as perfect a match as you'll ever see in the draft world. A team that desperately needs a WR who can create separation and has the speed to go deep, and a receiver who fits that description who's also a fan of that team.
    A problem I have with every one of those highlights... he was given a free release.

That isn't how the NFL game works. I'm very concerned about his ability to release and separate against DBs who can run and will be far more physical than the college DBs.

That isn't to say he isn't talented. He can be Reggie Wayne-ish. But he could also get swallowed by the physicality of the NFL.

I am in favor of Landry (who I think can play outside, but plays primarily slot) and then drafting Ridley. Re-sign Meredith and Inman, and White has one year left.

That gives CHI Landry/Cam/Inman to start the year and Ridley would supplant Inman when ready. This is significantly better depth and a young WR core. Landry and Ridley moving forward should be a very good 1-2 punch, as well.

The only positions I would be OK with drafting over WR in the first would be an OLB or CB.

Can definitely see a team signing Landry to big contract and trying to move him outside trying to warrant the investment. IMO it would be dumb. Let him do what he does best. average depth of target ~5 and generate YAC.

Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    That isn't to say he isn't talented. He can be Reggie Wayne-ish. But he could also get swallowed by the physicality of the NFL.
    I said it before and I will say it, Ridley will be a much better pro than he was in college. If you are leery about taking Ridley because of white/terrell, that would be a terrible reason to bypass somebody. That would like passing on Trubisky (who will be a star, I believe will take a nice step forward next yr) because of Cade McNown. So yeah, I think he's worth the risk, because he won't be as injury prone as White or unproductive like Terrell.

Minkah/Chubb/Ridley/Key are my top 4 for the pick.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by The ChILL View Post
    Can definitely see a team signing Landry to big contract and trying to move him outside trying to warrant the investment. IMO it would be dumb. Let him do what he does best. average depth of target ~5 and generate YAC.
    I would prefer to leave Landry at slot, hence why I said put Cam outside. Landry is worth too dollar playing slot as he can move the chains and gets open. That's a young QBs best friend.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So the feeling im getting from this forum right now is

Big name FA WR -Landry Robinson Watkins or Adams
    Resign Cam and maybe a few depth guys like Inman and Wright

Draft 1st round Ridley WR
    Draft 2nd round Best RT remaining

So..... Does that leave our defense as essentially as is coming back????? In down with helping out mitch to the best we can. But it seems like we are completly ignoring our pass rush. Or lack of play makers in the secondary.

I don't think we should draft Ridley in the top 10. He turns 23 this week. 6-1 190. Personally think he is overrated and not worthy of a top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I would prefer to leave Landry at slot, hence why I said put Cam outside. Landry is worth too dollar playing slot as he can move the chains and gets open. That's a young QBs best friend.

No reason to move landry outside. Unless you're running a 2 WR set, you have to have him on the field.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

So..... Does that leave our defense as essentially as is coming back????? In down with helping out mitch to the best we can. But it seems like we are completly ignoring our pass rush. Or lack of play makers in the secondary.
    Yeah I would certainly hope we target pass rushers and ball hawks

I still think if you're drafting Ridley or any WR in the 1st round that it means Pace failed in FA. He has to come away with 2 starters in a deep class. Gotta address pass rusher, corner, or O-line with that 1st because those positions are very thin in FA.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My most ideal mocks right now both involve trade down because I want 2 WR, an OT, and 2 defenders in the first 4 rounds.....

Trade down and still get ridley or Arden Tate (on a bigger trade down)

1.15 (a trade down no later than 15): Calvin Ridley-WR....

2 Joshua Jackson CB > Harold Landry-OLB
    Both are higher in fan mocks than draft site mocks where they come in as 2nd rounders.... Good value for us early if one falls, but both are players that could move before draft time. Either way, position of need (ballhawk corner or very productive pass rusher)... Only listing Landry below Jackson because he's admittedly a run support liability. It's also possible there's an OT prospect here that falls, or a really strong WR prospect like Arden Tate slides (it's too early to have 100% exact draft positions on many people yet, Basically everyone I'm talking about in this pick being a prime example)

2-3 (our trade down's pickup): Jaleel Scott-WR
    6'6'' monster WR

4a I'm looking at a developmental pass rush. Sione Teuhema-OLB, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo-OLB both names to consider that are graded in this range right now...

4b I'm looking hard at Brandon Parker-OT (from NC A&T, where Cohen is from)