Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2542
    To me if Chubb and Minkah are off the board and the Bears are picking say between 7-9, trade back some and pick up and extra pick or 2.

To me the biggest pick up will be at WR in free agency, the Bears need to make Landry and Adams their top targets and land one of them for Mitchell. Then Pace has to draft one in the first 3 rounds.

I think you snag a RT in free agency and roll with the other 4 for another season.

Need CB depth as well.

With trading back about 4-5 spots you can still be in the hunt for guys like Key, Ferrell or a guy like Harold Landry who I really like.

I mean I think if you land one of Landry/Adams to go with Meredith, Wright and a 2nd or 3rd round pick, that will make Trubisky happy to go with Shaheen and Sims at TE and Howard, Cohen and Cunningham at RB.

In regard to Key's health / character concerns, If they don't check out you can insert a top defensive line / front 7 prospect in this class IMO. Seems to be very strong across DE / LB / DT where we can expect to pick or even slightly trade down to.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

With John Dorsey claiming that the old Browns regime did not draft "real players" we should inquire about Corey Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I mean I think if you land one of Landry/Adams to go with Meredith, Wright and a 2nd or 3rd round pick, that will make Trubisky happy to go with Shaheen and Sims at TE and Howard, Cohen and Cunningham at RB.
    The Bears don't have a 3rd, though they could recoup one from a trade down, like you mentioned earlier. It'll really depend on where we land as to whether or not a trade down makes sense. Where we're at now we could still get Minkah, but probably not Chubb.

I am all in on Davante Adams in FA. His numbers have actually improved with Hundley and it's not just due to more targets, he's just doing more with his opportunities and making a mediocre QB look good occasionally. He fits better with this group too IMO, assuming you bring back Wright, Inman, and Cam (all very capable, inexpensive slot receivers).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-15-2017 at 01:08 PM.

To me if Chubb and Minkah are off the board and the Bears are picking say between 7-9, trade back some and pick up and extra pick or 2.

To me the biggest pick up will be at WR in free agency, the Bears need to make Landry and Adams their top targets and land one of them for Mitchell. Then Pace has to draft one in the first 3 rounds.

I think you snag a RT in free agency and roll with the other 4 for another season.

Need CB depth as well.

With trading back about 4-5 spots you can still be in the hunt for guys like Key, Ferrell or a guy like Harold Landry who I really like.
    There's zilch at T in FA. Either have to draft one or move Long back to RT again and sign Norwell. In fact, I wouldn't be the bit surprised if Massie is back next season.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I fully expect a trade down of some sort durrinf this draft to at least regain a 3rd. Where that trade will happen???? I think the first personally. I just see QBs flying off the board. Especially after teams may loose guys like Brees and Cousins. It will take the right deal..... But pace seems like the type who values the draft. If worst comes to worse a similar move to last years trade down could happen.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Maybe target the Bills in a trade down. They could use a QB, have two 1st round picks. Bears might be able to come away with Joshua Jackson and the 2nd/3rd best OT in the draft in that scenario.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Maybe target the Bills in a trade down. They could use a QB, have two 1st round picks. Bears might be able to come away with Joshua Jackson and the 2nd/3rd best OT in the draft in that scenario.

Obviously draft position will be everything. But lots of teams could want a QB and move up hopefullt denver wins a few and we move past them. That would givs the team great leverage to a qb needy team

But arizona washhington (pending Cousins) new york and Buffalo all seem like qb needy teams who may want somebody bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Need CB depth as well.

Chubb is the only guy I'm really all that interested in for the top 10 currently (combine is going to be huge this year, considering the athleticism requirements for all the main positions we need).....

I don't think Fitzpatrick-FS or Derwin-SS makes a ton of sense for us, given Jackson being picked up last year for FS, and Amos having a career season @ SS, and even if he's imo an elite talent, I can't see any situation where we are taking Barkley-RB

A big factor to me is that I think that 2nd tier of player, like last years draft is pretty loaded, so if we can trade back from 8 to around 15 and pick up an extra mid-2nd rounder, then I'm all for it.

3x Picks between 1.5 and 2.5 can imo net us 3 starters between OT(RT), CB, OLB, and 1 or even 2 WRs.... all of which are positions I see pretty solid value at for that range. I'd add, that I want at least 2 starting WRs between our first 3 picks and FA, since Meredith is imo the only WR we currently have that's actually worth putting on the field.

So a potential draft if we got Landry-WR in FA for example could look like:

Round 1.5 (as in halfway into the first on a trade down): Arden Key-OLB
    Potential elite OLB prospect

Round 2 Donte Jackson-CB
    Elite athleticism, slightly smaller size 5'11''

Round 2.5 Auden Tate-WR
    Elite Sized Big Body on outside.

Or if we don't get Landry, and we want to incorporate more speed/agility offensively:

1.5 Calvin Ridley-WR
    Speed and Agility with excellent Route Running + ability to separate

2.0 Christian Kirk-WR
    See above with Calvin... Bit shorter, much shiftier.... can return kicks. This would effectively being doubling down on SPEED/agility WRs who could challenge more downfield

2.5 Armstrong Jr-OLB
    Elite level talent under the radar because of how much of a dumpster fire his team was.

Either way we put ourselves in a position to completely overhaul our WR corps and make Meredith our worst WR on the field instead of the best, while also getting someone across from Floyd to help pass rush..... Which is imo our 2 biggest goals in the offseason.... Getting Landry-WR from FA would be obviously huge for that purpose as well, especially since CB is imo our #3 overall need, and he's already proven commodity at WR.

I think our offense is capable of becoming something really special with 2 WR acquisitions this offseason, and a playbook not written in crayon by Loggains/Fox... IMO this is our #1 focus for both Trubisky's development as well as the team's biggest area to improve in.
    Last edited by Epyon; 12-15-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    Chubb is the only guy I'm really all that interested in for the top 10 currently.....

I don't think Fitzpatrick-FS or Derwin-SS makes a ton of sense for us, given Jackson being picked up last year for FS, and Amos having a career season @ SS, and even if he's imo an elite talent, I can't see any situation where we are taking Barkley-RB

A big factor to me is that I think that 2nd tier of player, like last years draft is pretty loaded, so if we can trade back from 8 to around 15 and pick up an extra mid-2nd rounder, then I'm all for it.

3x Picks between 1.5 and 2.5 can imo net us 3 starters between OT(RT), CB, OLB, and 1 or even 2 WRs.... all of which are positions I see pretty solid value at for that range.
    Can't Minkah also play CB?

2017 FA/Trades/Cuts/General FO Office Discussion Vol IV

Yes he can , hes this years Jalen Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    I've seen conflicting opinions on this, and I'm more inclined to think that while he COULD play corner, he's not going to perform nearly as well there.... Kind of like Kyle Long moving from elite OG to decent-above average RT....

He's probably still an upgrade over one of Prince/Fuller overall.... but I think it'd be an even smaller upgrade than just drafting him as a Safety and benching Amos (which would be a bit odd with 2x Free Safety type safeties)...

I'd much prefer a ballhawk Corner like Joshua Jackson, or a shutdown coverage guy like Ward, or even a super elite athleticism guy like Donte Jackson (who's probably going to run a low 4.3 40yrd, and can be had in the middle of the round if not in the early 2nd)... if I was looking for a real corner.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Can't Minkah also play CB?
    Yes, he plays all over the field. It's an oversimplification to label him as a FS. He's essentially a bigger version of the Honey Badger...has a very similar impact at Alabama to what Mathieu had when he was at LSU, minus being a pothead (that we know of).

He's a legit playmaker that can do everything. We'd be lucky to have him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Agreed. I think he'll be an elite player at either position (CB or FS).

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    I've seen conflicting opinions on this, and I'm more inclined to think that while he COULD play corner, he's not going to perform nearly as well there.... Kind of like Kyle Long moving from elite OG to decent-above average RT....

He's probably still an upgrade over one of Prince/Fuller overall.... but I think it'd be an even smaller upgrade than just drafting him as a Safety and benching Amos (which would be a bit odd with 2x Free Safety type safeties)...

I'd much prefer a ballhawk Corner like Joshua Jackson, or a shutdown coverage guy like Ward, or even a super elite athleticism guy like Donte Jackson (who's probably going to run a low 4.3 40yrd, and can be had in the middle of the round if not in the early 2nd)... if I was looking for a real corner.
    He still plays a fair amount of corner. He came to Alabama as a corner, moved to FS when others moved onto the NFL, but roams all over the secondary depending on the situation. He's a super versatile player, Kiper has him as his 2nd overall prospect on his big board, says he should have no issues at either position.

Ideally what you'd do with him here is start him at corner, move him to nickel on 3rd down (where he's covering the slot, TE, or blitzing off the edge), and rotate him with Amos & Eddie to keep them all fresh.

I also like Joshua Jackson, but he's nowhere close to the prospect Fitzpatrick is. All of Jackson's production came this year and for all the big plays he created this season, he also struggles at times in coverage and is generally more raw and better suited to a zone scheme. He has zero interceptions before his JR season and just 6 PD's. Fitzpatrick has 8 INT's spread over 3 seasons, 2 TD's, 23 PD's, and 5 sacks with elite coverage skills at every secondary position.

Given where we'll likely be picking, I can get behind Ward. He's great in coverage and you hardly notice his size when he plays, doesn't really look 5-10, might be comparable to Lattimore if he were bigger.

Hard pass on Donte Jackson... slot guy all the way. Not taking a nickel in the 1st or 2nd.

Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-15-2017 at 08:21 PM.