Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 69 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2542
  1. #1021
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,063
    Just to clarify, Iím not against drafting a CB early. I just believe prince/fuller are a much better situation than some are giving credit. Some of it is money concerns and I get that. But neither will break the bank and the Bears havenít invested money in the position for a long time.

    If minkah is out there and available...please, go out and grab him. But if there isnít a blue chip CB available, take a shot elsewhere. WR, OL, OLB.

  2. #1022
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,872
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Denzel Ward, Joshua Jackson have #1 CB potential and there are some other notable ones as well that'll creep up the draft board come April. Jackson especially is a major ballhawk and besides Eddie, we really don't have many of them.

    Not a great idea IMO to tie up so much money in 2 decent, but not great corners when we have some looming extensions for Amos & Goldman and are likely going to hand out at least one massive WR deal in FA. I'm fine with keeping one, prefer Prince because he's the better/more steady player, but both is pretty unlikely considering the weak DB market.

    We have no chance at Chubb. We're sitting at the 8th pick right now and he's definitely the first defensive player off the board, likely top 4-5. We'd have to lose out and have a little help to realistically have a shot at him.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Take this from someone who watches every OSU game Denzel Ward is every bit as talented as Lattimore. He will come to the combine and put up great numbers and be a top 10 pick when all is said and done.

  3. #1023
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,694
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Take this from someone who watches every OSU game Denzel Ward is every bit as talented as Lattimore. He will come to the combine and put up great numbers and be a top 10 pick when all is said and done.
    I think that between Fitzpatrick Ward and Jackson you can't go wrong if you go with secondary help.

  4. #1024
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    16,460
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    Letís start a club


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím in for that.

  5. #1025
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    235
    Is sitting in the lower level of the end zone too crazy for a 7 and 9 year old?

  6. #1026
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think that between Fitzpatrick Ward and Jackson you can't go wrong if you go with secondary help.
    No. I have no problems with any of them. But I will say this about Fitzpatrick, he may just be both most athletic and definitely the smartest DB to come through Bama in the Saban era. Minkah would definitely be my #1 choice. I would not be upset one bit if the Bears ended up with either Ward or Jackson.
    Screw sabermetics.

  7. #1027
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    No. I have no problems with any of them. But I will say this about Fitzpatrick, he may just be both most athletic and definitely the smartest DB to come through Bama in the Saban era. Minkah would definitely be my #1 choice. I would not be upset one bit if the Bears ended up with either Ward or Jackson.
    Personally im all ways down with a trade back. But we wont know anything till the combine. If there is one position that can rize or fall pending 40. Its CB. Guys like tre Waynes can pop the top top 12 and Jalen Teez Taylor fall to the late 2nd after being considered the consensus #1 CB you never know

  8. #1028
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Personally im all ways down with a trade back. But we wont know anything till the combine. If there is one position that can rize or fall pending 40. Its CB. Guys like tre Waynes can pop the top top 12 and Jalen Teez Taylor fall to the late 2nd after being considered the consensus #1 CB you never know
    Combine will definitely be huge for us, considering our positions of highest need are all the most athletically dependent.... OLB SPARQ scores, for example, and WR/Speed Agility #s are as important as the CB's....

    One other wildcard that I'd be curious on at least entertaining the possibility of is if Sequon Barkley is willing to run the WR workout in addition to the RB workout, not unlike McCaffrey did this past year.

    Barkley is easily one of the top players of the draft class from a pure "BPA" metric, though he'd have to be able to take a healthy chunk of WR snaps for us, to be a full time player when we already have Howard.

    Would require Cohen to become more of a full time WR (lineup wise, we can still use him on sweeps/reverses, Screens.... etc)

    Like right now if we ran Howard 25x a game, Cohen/Cunningham another 10 combined... 35 total runs...

    I'd look to bring Howard down to 17-20 Runs a game, another 15-17 from Barkley... a sprinkling gimmick few runs from Cohen.... and probably a good 10-15 WR reps from Barkley as well....

    Probably not super feasible as there's some major questionmarks involved (Cohen transition to full time WR? Barkley run routes good enough to take a good chunk of reps there?, but it would give us an absolutely dirty RB tandem beat down a defense with when we want to really run it.. as well as some pretty insane potential mismatches in the passing game with Cohen and Barkley both on the field.

  9. #1029
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    Combine will definitely be huge for us, considering our positions of highest need are all the most athletically dependent.... OLB SPARQ scores, for example, and WR/Speed Agility #s are as important as the CB's....

    One other wildcard that I'd be curious on at least entertaining the possibility of is if Sequon Barkley is willing to run the WR workout in addition to the RB workout, not unlike McCaffrey did this past year.

    Barkley is easily one of the top players of the draft class from a pure "BPA" metric, though he'd have to be able to take a healthy chunk of WR snaps for us, to be a full time player when we already have Howard.

    Would require Cohen to become more of a full time WR (lineup wise, we can still use him on sweeps/reverses, Screens.... etc)

    Like right now if we ran Howard 25x a game, Cohen/Cunningham another 10 combined... 35 total runs...

    I'd look to bring Howard down to 17-20 Runs a game, another 15-17 from Barkley... a sprinkling gimmick few runs from Cohen.... and probably a good 10-15 WR reps from Barkley as well....

    Probably not super feasible as there's some major questionmarks involved (Cohen transition to full time WR? Barkley run routes good enough to take a good chunk of reps there?, but it would give us an absolutely dirty RB tandem beat down a defense with when we want to really run it.. as well as some pretty insane potential mismatches in the passing game with Cohen and Barkley both on the field.
    Run base offense out of jet formation with cohen lined up strong side rb/WR next to TE with empty outside and Barkley lined up weak side between tackle and outside WR and Howard at traditional tailback behind QB. Would be interesting to say the least.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

  10. #1030
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,694
    I have a hard time willing myself to spend a 1st on a RB with howard..... While having all these other major issues. OT.... Pass rush..... Secondary.... Receiver.....

  11. #1031
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I have a hard time willing myself to spend a 1st on a RB with howard..... While having all these other major issues. OT.... Pass rush..... Secondary.... Receiver.....
    Well, it could be viewed as gaining a receiver.... and in a 1-1 comparison between Barkley and all the top WR prospects right now Barkley wins pretty handedly as an overall player, imo.

    As I said for it to work, Cohen would probably have to take near the entirety of his snaps as a WR.... And while he isn't a true "full time" player, his WR reps combined with Barkley's would basically amount to one full time WR, while Basically also causing the RB reps to go 60/40 between Howard/Barkley, and letting us move on from Cunningham (who I actually like as a backup, but is just a guy overall)... I see Barkley being more akin to what Matt Forte was under Trestman where he maybe even ends up as our #1 WR overall, while also putting up fairly similar rushing numbers to Howard.

  12. #1032
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I have a hard time willing myself to spend a 1st on a RB with howard..... While having all these other major issues. OT.... Pass rush..... Secondary.... Receiver.....
    Lol oh I agree. If pace took Barkley and didnít pull some crazy **** where he flipped Howard to the browns for a load of primo picks or something Iíd be the first calling for his job. Even then Iím not sure Iíd be okay with it. Cause Barkley could turn into Cedric benson (not that I think he will) and cute moves like that can destroy all progress thus far.

    Cool madden idea though, I got Barkley on my 2018 roster in madden and moved Cohen to slot WR. But unfortunately, the NFL is far different than madden.
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; 12-14-2017 at 12:25 AM.

  13. #1033
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    Well, it could be viewed as gaining a receiver.... and in a 1-1 comparison between Barkley and all the top WR prospects right now Barkley wins pretty handedly as an overall player, imo.

    As I said for it to work, Cohen would probably have to take near the entirety of his snaps as a WR.... And while he isn't a true "full time" player, his WR reps combined with Barkley's would basically amount to one full time WR, while Basically also causing the RB reps to go 60/40 between Howard/Barkley, and letting us move on from Cunningham (who I actually like as a backup, but is just a guy overall)... I see Barkley being more akin to what Matt Forte was under Trestman where he maybe even ends up as our #1 WR overall, while also putting up fairly similar rushing numbers to Howard.
    Im not big on Ridley but i would take him at WR then this what i would call Gimmick move to convert a RB into one (whether its Cohen or Barkley)

    I don't denny Barkley has ability and is a top caliber player..... But to draft a guy top 5 to share reps with Howard seems pretty lunatic. Especially when we have needs where other top caliber guys would contribute more. At one of the following

    Pass rush - chubb Key or Ferrell
    Secondary - Fitzpatrick James or Ward
    WR - Ridley or Sutton
    OL - Nelson McGlinchey Brown

    I would surely take that slight stepdown in caliber for a guy to play 80-90 % of snaps vs maybe 50. And this idea of him playing WR snaps is cute...... But imagine us having a prime Forte now and running him as a 50% wide out. It just doesn't look or feel right.

  14. #1034
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,694
    Where do you guys see McGlinchey going. Right now I think he is my favorite. For the first as i think Priority #1 has to get mitch the best chance to succede.

    Ideally i would love a trade down.... But OT tend to climb up draft boards. If we could get hin while picking up a 2nd we could use him to sure up the line. FA and maybe a pick (that extra 2nd) to sure up WR. And use the rest of Cap and picks to try and gain the added play makers on D.

    I mean.... I know I'm drooling but imagine getting a starting tackle in McGlinchey..... A speedy WR like Kirk in the 2nd..... And Adams in FA........ Pending a competent OC..... Would look nice.

  15. #1035
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Where do you guys see McGlinchey going. Right now I think he is my favorite. For the first as i think Priority #1 has to get mitch the best chance to succede.

    Ideally i would love a trade down.... But OT tend to climb up draft boards. If we could get hin while picking up a 2nd we could use him to sure up the line. FA and maybe a pick (that extra 2nd) to sure up WR. And use the rest of Cap and picks to try and gain the added play makers on D.

    I mean.... I know I'm drooling but imagine getting a starting tackle in McGlinchey..... A speedy WR like Kirk in the 2nd..... And Adams in FA........ Pending a competent OC..... Would look nice.
    I would just so much rather take a CB, DL, or Pass Rusher if they are there than an OT in the first. There is so much DL / CB depth in this draft I would love to get a DE to start across hicks in a trade down then target a second round RT to replace Massie and use the 2nd round pick from a trade down on a WR. I'm also not sold on the 1st round tackles in this draft and feel taking one would be too need based (i.e. chris Williams & gabe carimi). McGlinchey showed some issues dealing with speed that don't scream 1st round LT to me. Connor Williams knee issues and questionable technique really concern me. Feel other guys can be had in 2nd. Go get an impact defensive player in the first in my mind.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •