Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    One thing though with Glennon is if he guesses correctly he can at times throw a nice pass.

This Glennon situation is just weird. He's perfectly capable of throwing downfield, he did it in Tampa. It just feels like he refuses to do so for a variety of reasons. Our Wideouts blow, he needs a clean pocket, and IMO he's scared of making a crucial mistake (since he has to know that if the mistakes pile up he's losing his job).

I don't think this is on Loggains either because with ****ing Matt Barkley the Bears were 3rd in the league in average depth of target. Glennon is trying to be as safe as possible, but he needs to realize that this approach is going to cost him his job as well (unless John Fox does more John Fox things). If he throws a bunch of INT's, so be it, but I just want to see him take a chance once in awhile.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    This Glennon situation is just weird. He's perfectly capable of throwing downfield, he did it in Tampa. It just feels like he refuses to do so for a variety of reasons. Our Wideouts blow, he needs a clean pocket, and IMO he's scared of making a crucial mistake (since he has to know that if the mistakes pile up he's losing his job).

I don't think this is on Loggains either because with ****ing Matt Barkley the Bears were 3rd in the league in average depth of target. Glennon is trying to be as safe as possible, but he needs to realize that this approach is going to cost him his job as well (unless John Fox does more John Fox things). If he throws a bunch of INT's, so be it, but I just want to see him take a chance once in awhile.

You gotta wonder if he is taking a safe approach.( like you said) I know chicago media will be harsh. But its not like he has not had turnovers playing it safe. They are still ripping him. At some point you need to just say **** it.

I totally agree. I don't really understand why we're playing our pass game this way. I don't think it's the WR or OL either because we have seen WRs get open downfield but Glennon just hasn't hit them.

I think you could be right that he's afraid of losing his job and so trying to play safe and be a game manager. But honestly, he has to know he's going to lose the starting job to Mitch no matter what. Mitch is the second overall pick; he WILL start at some point in the near future. Glennon should be playing his heart out to find a starting job somewhere else; or to retake the starting position should Mitch bust. 5 yard dink and dunks aren't impressing anyone, unless his goal is to show he can be competent backup.

I'd say Tampa is more of a fluke. He is an immobile, uncoordinated, unaware, weak armed , slow release QB. There isn't a positive to his game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    I keep seeing this assumption in these threads, but the fact is we really don't know that. We believe Mitch is better because we watched him play a handful of preseason minutes, usually against second/third teamers, and it's hard to imagine a QB worse than Glennon. But Mitch still threw some "should be" picks and was shaky at times. I believe Mitch will be better in the long run, but it's unfair to say Glennon gives you practically no chance to win when we just beat the Steelers. I also think it's unrealistic to believe Mitch could get us to the playoffs this year given our WR situation and our OL's shaky pass pro thus far. Best to let Mitch develop a bit more; then maybe start him for the late season games so he gets some experience going into next season. This team could use another high first round pick.
    He did look shaky at times that I will agree. But the "assumption" isn't just based on his performance in the preseason and his minutes against backups of backups, it's based on the natural things he is able to do. He can extend/create plays with his feet, he has impeccable accuracy while on the run, he keeps his composure within the pocket and even when under duress he continues to keep his eyes down field not to mention he has above average pocket awareness. I'd say a good 65% of Mike Glennon's drop backs seem like he has the check down as his #1 option, the other 35% he is staring down receivers on in routes and slants.

IMO this sitting a QB to develop is a joke, no matter when his number is called whether it be tomorrow or 2 years from now, he is still going to be a rookie and the only way to develop is to see in game action. Speed, coverage, receiver progressions, all that is best experienced in real time and then combed over from overhead footage during the game and film study. As a coach it is your job to put the players on the field that give you the best chance to win, and that starts with Trubisky in at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'd say Tampa is more of a fluke. He is an immobile, uncoordinated, unaware, weak armed , slow release QB. There isn't a positive to his game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    His TB numbers span over 18 games. Kinda hard to define that as a fluke when compared to 3 games where he refuses to even look downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    I keep seeing this assumption in these threads, but the fact is we really don't know that. We believe Mitch is better because we watched him play a handful of preseason minutes, usually against second/third teamers, and it's hard to imagine a QB worse than Glennon. But Mitch still threw some "should be" picks and was shaky at times. I believe Mitch will be better in the long run, but it's unfair to say Glennon gives you practically no chance to win when we just beat the Steelers. I also think it's unrealistic to believe Mitch could get us to the playoffs this year given our WR situation and our OL's shaky pass pro thus far. Best to let Mitch develop a bit more; then maybe start him for the late season games so he gets some experience going into next season. This team could use another high first round pick.
    And Glennon had nothing to do with that. The run game, defense, and special teams all came up huge and the Bears were able to squeak out a win. That's the only way the Bears are going to be in games with Glennon. The run game, defense, and ST have to dominate while Glennon hopefully doesn't **** up too much since that's really all he's asked to do. Not **** up....which he STILL does.

Yes, saying Mitch gives the Bears a better chance is an assumption...but it's a pretty damn good one. Glennon is trash and even if Mitch threw a pick or two, he can at least make plays downfield and he can at least extend plays with his legs. Even as a rookie, his pocket presence and mobility are infinitely better than Glennon.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    And Glennon had nothing to do with that. The run game, defense, and special teams all came up huge and the Bears were able to squeak out a win. That's the only way the Bears are going to be in games with Glennon. The run game, defense, and ST have to dominate while Glennon hopefully doesn't **** up too much since that's really all he's asked to do. Not **** up....which he STILL does.

Yes, saying Mitch gives the Bears a better chance is an assumption...but it's a pretty damn good one. Glennon is trash and even if Mitch threw a pick or two, he can at least make plays downfield and he can at least extend plays with his legs. Even as a rookie, his pocket presence and mobility are infinitely better than Glennon.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/statu...33224469069826

Floyd and McPhee gonna eat

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Floyd and McPhee gonna eat
    They ****ing better, lol

They have no excuse if they can't get to Rodgers with a pair of backup Tackles starting.

Get. Rodgers. Win the game.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

If they don't play, Fangio needs to get very aggressive. Press everything at the LoS to take away the quick game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/statu...33224469069826

Sadly that same reports lists Glennon has healthy.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast