Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Collins is going to be the catcher for awhile. He either will - or will not pan out. Behind him they have Skoug and Zavala, I believe in the pipeline. The guys that had this year weren't too bad either.
    After Eloy, Robert and Rutherford the Sox have Gonzalez I believe (drafted this year) along with Adolpho.
    There are not a lot of infield prospects beyond Burger and Sheets so far.
    Pitching is where the action is, we should see 1 or 2 more of those guys, Kopech and Hansen up this year.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Well, here is your FA shopping list......

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/...gent-list.html

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Well, here is your FA shopping list......

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/...gent-list.html
    Yuck. Obviously the Sox will grab a few for depth and try to flip but Im just glad this isnt the 2019 offseason and they arent looking for a real impact player to help put them over the top. That list is nasty.

Would you grab Miggy Gonzalez and Hector Santiago to hold the rotation until the big guns arrive ?

I guess Cargo would be nice too and a bullpen arm or so.

I'd sign Curtis Granderson and see if he could be flipped next trade deadline.

Our prized prospect, Eloy Jiménez, is off to a great start in the Dominican Winter League, where he is playing with the Gigantes del Cibao.

The 20-year-old outfielder hit .433/.438/.800, with three doubles, one triple, two homers –including one in his very first game- and one stolen base in his first seven professional games in the Dominican Republic......source
    "Inside Sox"

From MLB Rumors.......Ankle surgery has not yet been firmly ruled out for White Sox center fielder Charlie Tilson, writes Scot Gregor for Baseball America (subscription required and recommended). Tilson has been beset by injuries since being acquired from the Cardinals in exchange for Zach Duke in a 2016 deadline deal. He tore his hamstring in his MLB debut with the ChiSox in Aug. 2016, and he missed the 2017 campaign after suffering an offseason stress fracture in his right foot and a broken right ankle in June. Tilson was at last able to play in the instructional league this month, and he tells Gregor that those games were a “test” for the health of his right foot. “There’s always surgical possibilities, but I’m just trying to take it a day at a time and keep doing the things that are working for me,” said Tilson. He’ll have some new competition next spring, as Adam Engel and Leury Garcia will be in Chicago’s center field mix as well.

Do you think the Sox would consider Mike Moustakas to hold down 3B until Burger is ready ? He is a Boros guy and coming off a 2 year 14.5 million contract .

or go the cheap route and stick with Davidson ?

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Do you think the Sox would consider Mike Moustakas to hold down 3B until Burger is ready ? He is a Boros guy and coming off a 2 year 14.5 million contract .

or go the cheap route and stick with Davidson ?
    At this point I'd still rather see what we have in Davidson. We're not competing next year anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah TBH I actually like Davidson.

Well, I was just thinking a lefty power bat that can hit over .250 . However, if Davidson can bring the average up and lower the K's......that would be fine too....

Davidson gets another year, IMO.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Right now Girardi , Collins and Baker 3 Managers with World Series Leadership are Availiable and I’m Sick and tired of hearing what a great Job Rick Renteria has done Managing 2 Chicago baseball teams to mediocre records

I think Renteria did a great job. He got a lot out of a team with no hitting or pitching to speak of. The team actually was much more fun to watch than a Ventura snooze fest.

Changing managers now would be dumb. Dusty Baker is not a good manager, Collins - pass, Girardi will mist likely go to Washington. This is Renteria's team to build.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast