Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If the players disrespect the American flag?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • If only a couple players kneel I'll still support the team.

0 0%
  • If any players kneels I'm done.

0 0%
  • I don't care if they disrespect the flag.

4 100.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Perfect image man, that sums up america perfectly
    It's just sad that some people get more upset at the 1st three images than the ever would of the last one with the guy dead.

"The fact that these discussions are occurring means the protests have succeeded already."

Interesting. The counter point is the method has irritated millions and hurt the effectiveness of the intended message. Time will tell.
    “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan

The least of concerns is who has been offended but more importantly it’s who’s eyes have been opened during this.

People are protesting for their literal lives. Its worth taking a peaceful knee to bring attention to this issue in spite of hurting feelings.

I’d say to those angry...”would you rather be alive or felt disrespected?”

Here you go NFL protesters, Kapernick etc ... :
    A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way, though the heavy toll negates a true sense of achievement or profit.

Keep protesting your job away, and then you can really feel oppressed.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way, though the heavy toll negates a true sense of achievement or profit.

Ratings are down 11%. That's millions in lost revenue. It will be interesting to watch the ownership panic as this plays out.
    “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post

Kaep wasn't protesting his own oppression... I don't get what's so hard to understand about what they're protesting and why it matters so much to people. They are protesting racial injustice in this country, in particular how black men are treated by police. They don't want to stand for a country that allows for this to happen and this is one way to shed light on the issue. People want to twist it around but that's what is about. Why would you be opposed to racial justice?

Sowing the seed of your own demise, going to leave it at that.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I can't believe this thread is still open, I can't believe that so many people care so much about what another person is doing as long as they're not harming anyone or committing a crime. The sad thing about this topic is that a lot of people that are against the protest aren't really upset about the disrespect of the American flag,they're upset that people are making a big deal about African Americans being killed dead in the street by law enforcement without consequences. People that are against the protest need to take a long look in the mirror If you weren't equally upset about reading or seeing on the news that a African American was innocently gunned down by the main people that's supposed to protect the American people because your feelings about this topic is very misguided. The whole point of the protest was to open peoples eyes about the issues so I guess kaep succeeded in what he was trying to accomplish rather if you like it or not.

Kaepernick is a communist.

It is clear that he has gotten his hands on Marxist literature.

The support for Fidel Castro, the socks degrading the police, the girlfriend who supports sharia law and calls Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom.

He's an American-hating leftist.

They are attacking the institutions of our culture in order to further advance their agenda.

This is one of the biggest reasons why Donald Trump was elected.

The rascists have already begun to twist the meaning of the protests so they can make themselves feel better about the atrocities they commit.

Calling everybody you disagree with racist.

Another one of the biggest reasons Donald Trump was elected.

To a racist, equal rights for others means less rights for themselves. They rather not share equality.

Kneeling isn't disrespecting anything. That is just a way of you or anyone else saying they don't understand what the players are doing. They're using a platform to peacefully demonstrate against police brutality and the oppression of blacks.

It is everyone's flag and everyone's anthem. So no, it isn't disrespectful because some people decide it is.

It's yet another way of the US finding a way to keep the black man down. If I were black, I would have no reason to respect the flag or anthem. Because, as anyone should know, neither is about the vets.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    To a racist, equal rights for others means less rights for themselves. They rather not share equality.

The move towards equality feels like oppressive- to the oppressors. That just means we're headed in the right direction.

I can't wait to pick up my Kaepernick jersey.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Guess lowering the flag when someone is killed is okay but taking a knee when someone is killed is not.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast