Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: If the players disrespect the American flag?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • If only a couple players kneel I'll still support the team.

    0 0%
  • If any players kneels I'm done.

    0 0%
  • I don't care if they disrespect the flag.

    4 100.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 68
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,392
    The Bulls have already said they'll be having a team meeting to discuss how they will act during the National Anthem. It's a relevant topic because pro sports has made it so. The Bulls have made it so. If everyone simply states their own beliefs without criticizing others, which is what I asked for initially, There should be no issues. No need to get frustrated or angry.
    “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    2,786
    Go ahead and stop watching. Won't miss having fans like you.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,392
    Peace brother.
    “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,392
    “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    24,048
    Lol at anyone with a small enough ego that somebody taking a knee to express an oppinion makes them quit doing something they love.

    This is as bad as if your on facebook. You see somebody post something you don't like. So you quit facebook.

    Your quiting the nba because these people are doing something you don't like. Fact remains. Its their right to do so. If the law stated you have to stand that is taking away your freedoms. The thing this country is founded on. Yes. The NBA can require players to stand with threat of penalty or job loss. But at what point is forcing these people to stand just a damn charade anyway.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,392
    The "right to do it" is irrelevant to the objections. The players are employees of the NBA. Like any employee while in the course of their employ, they are agents of their employer. What they do while "working" reflects on their employer. Employee handbooks have seemingly endless employee conduct rules. As it turns out, the commissioner has said it's against league rules and they won't be allowed to do it on his watch. So as it stands now, it's over. Let the season begin.
    “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    24,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkonian View Post
    The "right to do it" is irrelevant to the objections. The players are employees of the NBA. Like any employee while in the course of their employ, they are agents of their employer. What they do while "working" reflects on their employer. Employee handbooks have seemingly endless employee conduct rules. As it turns out, the commissioner has said it's against league rules and they won't be allowed to do it on his watch. So as it stands now, it's over. Let the season begin.
    first off. all he said was it is expected. again, he is not forcing them. and honestly i doubt anything happens to them. as despite your displeasure, its the players (especially these big name stars ) who make up the nba. 2ndly, your taking it personally that a company chooses not to follow your ideals. is just hilarious to me. your taking it personally that a company does not want to do what you would do if you were in charge. how feeble minded do you have to be to let that get to you on a personal level. to the point where you would stop doing something that you would otherwise love because they disagree with you. Your a sad person if it upset you that much. If you go to work and somebody says I support those who kneel are you gonna quit your job because of it. the truth is your opinion does not matter that much and the fact that your letting your feelings be a contributing factor in watching a sport that im guessing you love. Jeez. Get over yourself.

    FWIW. im on the side that thinks they should stand. however. im not stupid enough to let this affect my love for the game. really it doesnt matter. outside of you who is taking this to a level) that it should not be at most people understand that this is a petty thing your letting get to you. I mean, you understand that your letting politics get in the way of a game right. let that sink in. your political views are causing you not to watch.

    at what point do you stop shoping at (insert local food store here) because their owner doesn't agree with you on a political level. you understand how stupid that sounds. Get over It.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 10-04-2017 at 05:22 PM.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,392
    ^ Your post is a great example of why threads are closed. I haven't attacked anyone thus far and I'm not going to start now. Serves no purpose...
    “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    24,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkonian View Post
    ^ Your post is a great example of why threads are closed. I haven't attacked anyone thus far and I'm not going to start now. Serves no purpose...
    funny how right wing people call the left snowflakes but you get offended by a guy kneeling.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    funny how right wing people call the left snowflakes but you get offended by a guy kneeling.
    Peace to you man...
    “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,336
    If I were to guess, I would say the majority of people that get upset at the anthem protests are white and are only upset because minorities are the ones protesting. They don’t like when minorities are disobedient but can’t out right say so, instead they use words like “they are disrespecting the flag and anthem”.

    Ironically this tends to be the same group of people who ridicule Muslims when they find cartoon characterizations of their prophet disrespectful.

    The same group of people who don’t blink an eye when innoncent black people are being murdered yet an anthem protest angers them.

    Can’t reason with folks like this. You just hope they grow and learn from it.

    My 2 cents. I’m sure I’m wrong though.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    24,048
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    If I were to guess, I would say the majority of people that get upset at the anthem protests are white and are only upset because minorities are the ones protesting. They don’t like when minorities are disobedient but can’t out right say so, instead they use words like “they are disrespecting the flag and anthem”.

    Ironically this tends to be the same group of people who ridicule Muslims when they find cartoon characterizations of their prophet disrespectful.

    The same group of people who don’t blink an eye when innoncent black people are being murdered yet an anthem protest angers them.

    Can’t reason with folks like this. You just hope they grow and learn from it.

    My 2 cents. I’m sure I’m wrong though.
    HEY MAN IM WHITE..... LOL

    I really dont care about the protest. i think they should find another place or spot to do it. ( most can at least be civil and agree about that. its not the ideal spot) but im not gonna cry and quit watching cause of it. it is their right to do so. I just think this whole thing has become extremely blown out of proportion and become something that has divided the nation further.

    to me. ideally, if you want to be vocal about issues. Wear a T shirt pre Game. Talk about it on the podium post game. But the anthem and game itself should not be the place. i cant obviously enforce these ideals. but i dont remember this much commotion when Rose wore a "I cant breath" T Shirt. Im sure some didnt like it. but im sure its less than that who view this kneeling as a protest against america.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    HEY MAN IM WHITE..... LOL

    I really dont care about the protest. i think they should find another place or spot to do it. ( most can at least be civil and agree about that. its not the ideal spot) but im not gonna cry and quit watching cause of it. it is their right to do so. I just think this whole thing has become extremely blown out of proportion and become something that has divided the nation further.

    to me. ideally, if you want to be vocal about issues. Wear a T shirt pre Game. Talk about it on the podium post game. But the anthem and game itself should not be the place. i cant obviously enforce these ideals. but i dont remember this much commotion when Rose wore a "I cant breath" T Shirt. Im sure some didnt like it. but im sure its less than that who view this kneeling as a protest against america.
    What I say does not mean all people so it is not pointed towards you, but some people, want you to protest as quietly and privately as possible. Then, when they do just that, they find a problem with it and want you to be even more quiet and private. It's hard to put into words, but this picture is about as real as it gets.

    https://i.imgur.com/bGiqDMG.jpg
    Last edited by Rush; 10-12-2017 at 01:46 PM. Reason: PLEASE DON'T EMBED IMAGES.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,315
    Its more disrespectful to america to be upset at kneeling or sitting than the acts themselves. This country is for everyone, not just vets.

    They're doing a great thing, bringing attention to the oppressed and abused.


    The fact that these discussions are occurring means the protests have succeeded already.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,315
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    What I say does not mean all people so it is not pointed towards you, but some people, want you to protest as quietly and privately as possible. Then, when they do just that, they find a problem with it and want you to be even more quiet and private. It's hard to put into words, but this picture is about as real as it gets.

    https://i.imgur.com/bGiqDMG.jpg
    Perfect image man, that sums up america perfectly

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rush; 10-12-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Edited quoted image for embedding.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •