Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles - Um, duh?

2 66.67%
  • Chargers - Um, bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

0 0%
  • Tie - I miss Mc5.

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Just start giving Mack Hollins more playing time on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    To be fair though, outside of Ertz, the passing game isn't really doing much at all right now. No Eagle has a 100 yard receiving game yet. Ertz has been the top yards leader every week except last week (AJ 56 to Ertz 55). If you want to say NA hasn't had an effect than no other WR has as well. Yard totals are NA with 12 catchers 173 yards, Torrey 10 for 134, AJ 17 for 215. NA actually leads in yards per reception.

This isn't a passing offense right now. But it will be, trust me.
    I probably shouldve prefaced my post with this as well, but yea the passing game hasnt exactly been lighting the world on fire as a whole.

Im actually pretty positive about agholor and what hes shown this season, i just understand those who arent as well. But its great that we're even able to discuss if a wr on this team hasnt been THAT good, compared to last year when we just wanted a wr who didnt drop every other ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    IMO, your getting EXACTLY what you need from NA right now. Somewhere to go with the ball when AJ is getting doubled and Ertz isn't an option. He should see his usage uptick as the season progresses if he remains consistent. Keep in mind we are running the ball more too, which will take away from the sexy volume stats. NA will finish the season with similar stats than Dez Bryant, IMO.
    Yea i hope he keeps it up, id be content going into next year with him in the slot with AJ and mack hollins on the outside if we could get a good enough look at him this year.

Before we start calling out 'insert player' needs more catches I would like to know where we rank in number of plays we've ran so far and what the run vs pass % of plays is. It seem they run the play clock down close to zero all the time now and have ran the ball a lot more these past 2 games. So the numbers might be a little misleading. That might be why the WR are not making as much as impact as we thought. Also how many drops each WR has had will be helpful.

Torrey had 1 huge drop and lack of effort on a td pass. I'd like to see hollins more. Nelson has been ok in the slot.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    just like we dont get up for every game, right?
    I guess that you are not too bright.

Agree on seeing more of Hollins. He seems like a big dude that can really move, I like the way he looks out there. Think he has a bright future but we'll see.

Eagles are 3-1 on surprising defensive strength, a strong running game and wentz's brilliance

Now in terms of long term this team that now has Super Bowl hopes long term with wentz in fold needs to lock up its entire D line outside of maybe curry and needs to starting angling towards building its offensive line

This team as of now has a solid offensive line. It's not spectacular but it's not bad either. It's solid. I'd say good with the run and mediocre with the pass. I think we need 2 starters added next season or at minimum 1 starter and a blue chip project behind peters

In terms of this season. Our WRs are actually fine. There's talent there. We are a running team. We are at our best running the ball, resting the defense and Carson wentz doing the rest

Ertz and Jeffery are more than enough. Smith, agnolor, burton, Hollins can surprise here and there

But our staple has to be time of possession because in reality we are efficient as all hell right now. Are people missing how many playoff ingredients we have going right now? First in time of possession, first in 3rd down conversions. Those two things say a lot about this team right now offensively. Means at 3-1 we are keeping the ball and moving it all the way down the field. What's going to separate us going forward is if wentz continues to grow and eventually becomes the x-factor once we get down there in the red zone. Meaning hitting his potential so that we start scoring tds. Coach can only do so much. I think what's next is him taking that major leap

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I guess that you are not too bright.
    guess not...
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112