Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1231
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Trump acting like a child (i.e. "rocket man" talk) is not acceptable behavior from the U.S. President.

Trump brown-nosing dictators is also not acceptable behavior from a U.S. President.

Not sure what's not hard to understand here.
    so then Obama should have never met with Raul Castro? or does Obama get a pass?

what did Obama get from Castro comparable to Trump getting Kim Jong Un to agree to give up nuclear weapons?

Kimg Jong Un was threatening to use nuclear weapons so much that the left was worried Trump's words were literally going to lead to nuclear war. this isn't something hard to understand, we have numerous media headlines to back it up. now Trump has gotten this same person to agree to give up these nuclear weapons, and this is nothing?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...sanctions.html

Pompeo says Trump made it 'incredibly clear' to Kim that denuking is key to lifting sanctions
    President Donald Trump’s remarks about North Korea no longer being a nuclear threat were made “with eyes wide open,” U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Thursday.

In remarks at a news conference in Seoul, the top U.S. diplomat added that any sanctions relief North Korea receives from the U.S. will be linked to efforts to denuclearize.

Pompeo added that Trump was “incredibly clear” to Kim about when the U.S. would lift the sanctions.

The president’s remarks about North Korea no longer being a threat were echoed Thursday by South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who said the Trump-Kim summit meant the world had escaped the threat of war.
    Trump said this and the left attacked him. I guess Moon must be a liar too right?

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...es-of-war.html

South Korea's Moon says Trump-Kim summit freed world from worries of war
    South Korean President Moon Jae In met with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday and praised the first-ever U.S.-North Korea summit this week as freeing the world from worries of war.

"The most important achievement of the summit is that not only the United States, South Korea and Japan but also the whole world are now free from worries of a possible war or nuclear attacks," Moon said at the meeting in Seoul.

Moon added that the unprecedented summit, held Tuesday in Singapore between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, has moved the world toward an era of peace and prosperity.

Pompeo praised Moon's efforts, saying that a successful summit between Moon and Kim earlier this year became a great stepping stone for the first summit between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader.

At Tuesday's summit, Kim committed to "complete" denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, while Trump pledged to provide security guarantees to Pyongyang.

Besides the North's denuclearization, attention has been paid to how South Korea assesses Trump's abrupt announcement after the summit that he will be stopping "war games" with South Korea as long as North Korea continues denuclearization talks in a sincere manner.

On Wednesday, Kim Eui Kyeom, a spokesman of the South's presidential office, said there was still a need to figure out what Trump actually meant by his comments at his post-summit press conference.

North Korea has long demanded that the United States and South Korea stop conducting joint military exercises, which it regards as rehearsals for invasion.

"Under the circumstances that we are negotiating a very comprehensive, complete deal, I think it's inappropriate to be having war games," Trump said at the press conference.

Pompeo arrived Wednesday in Seoul to meet Moon, as well as his South Korean and Japanese counterparts, to brief them on the outcome of the summit.
    where is the hateful Trump media reporting on what Moon said when Moon said the same thing that Trump did.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    so then Obama should have never met with Raul Castro? or does Obama get a pass?

what did Obama get from Castro comparable to Trump getting Kim Jong Un to agree to give up nuclear weapons?

Kimg Jong Un was threatening to use nuclear weapons so much that the left was worried Trump's words were literally going to lead to nuclear war. this isn't something hard to understand, we have numerous media headlines to back it up. now Trump has gotten this same person to agree to give up these nuclear weapons, and this is nothing?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...sanctions.html

Trump said this and the left attacked him. I guess Moon must be a liar too right?

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...es-of-war.html

where is the hateful Trump media reporting on what Moon said when Moon said the same thing that Trump did.
    You are so dense. The fact that you put any stock in what the leader of South Korea says is completely laughable. His country sits on the border of North Korea and his political interests are different from ours. It's completely irrelevant what he says. How about actually looking at the facts. Fact: North Korea's missile testing site collapsed due to gravity after instability caused by the testing. Fact: North Korea did not give anything specific they would do to denuclearize. Just Kim's not-so-trustworthy word on a piece of paper. Completely laughable.

I'm glad you brought up Raul Castro, because you've exposed your side's hypocrisy again!
    Washington • Let us ponder what the reaction among Republicans and conservatives would have been if President Barack Obama had done what President Donald Trump did on Tuesday:

• Sat down with a dictator whose regime had killed hundreds of thousands of people and who tortures and enslaves as many as 130,000 political prisoners in gulags.

• Set no specific preconditions for the meeting and secured no commitment on human rights nor any firm promise to denuclearize.

• Blindsided allies by agreeing to the dictator’s request to cease “provocative” military exercises with those allies.

• Praised the dictator in lavish terms: “very talented man … wants to do the right thing … funny guy … loves his people … great personality … a great honor … I do trust him.”

But we don’t have to wonder what the reaction would have been to Obama doing such things, because we know what happened when he even floated the idea. In 2007, then-Sen. Obama answered in the affirmative when asked if he would be willing to meet without precondition the leaders of repressive regimes, including North Korea’s, “to bridge the gap that divides our countries.”

His presidential opponent, John McCain, and other Republicans hit Obama near daily for what they deemed “inexperience and reckless judgment.” (Hillary Clinton gave him grief, too.) Later, Sarah Palin, specifically mentioning North Korea, proclaimed the Obama doctrine was “coddling enemies and alienating allies.”

Republican lawmakers criticized the Obama administration for having a “buddy-buddy” relationship with Iran, Sen. McCain (Ariz.) likened Obama’s handshake with Cuba’s Raul Castro to Neville Chamberlain’s handshake with Adolf Hitler, and Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) condemned Obama for meeting Castro while there were “political prisoners languishing.”
    Linky

Republicans are disgusting hypocrites

... and liberals are never hypocritical about anything.

But that tweet was stupid. Ingraham didn't even bother to find out WHY Obama was meeting with them.

We're seeing plenty of hypocrisy from the mush-brained Maddow viewers on this all. But there are fair critiques about what did just happen, and certainly Trump's unwillingness to even pretend to care about the atrocities of the DPRK regime. I think deep down most of these Libs don't want an escalation and prefer where things are now, they just hate Trump.

Whereas Republican hypocrisy is much more dangerous. Peace is never OK when Dems are in power. It's a sign of weakness and we always show how strong and fierce America is! The **** Obama got for things they're praising Trump for is just indefensible. It's ****ing stupid and infinitely more disruptive to the foreign state of affairs.

It's such a tired argument but yeah, can you imagine if this was Obama? My god the Conservative hysteria would be suffocating.
    this my sig

How many years off your life do you think the stress of this presidency has taken? The constant intensity of your outrage is ****ing exhausting in an online forum setting so I can only imagine what your day to day is like out in the real world.

Since we are betting, I have 10 bucks that says you're institutionalized, jailed, or dead before Trump is out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    We're seeing plenty of hypocrisy from the mush-brained Maddow viewers on this all. But there are fair critiques about what did just happen, and certainly Trump's unwillingness to even pretend to care about the atrocities of the DPRK regime. I think deep down most of these Libs don't want an escalation and prefer where things are now, they just hate Trump.

Whereas Republican hypocrisy is much more dangerous. Peace is never OK when Dems are in power. It's a sign of weakness and we always show how strong and fierce America is! The **** Obama got for things they're praising Trump for is just indefensible. It's ****ing stupid and infinitely more disruptive to the foreign state of affairs.

It's such a tired argument but yeah, can you imagine if this was Obama? My god the Conservative hysteria would be suffocating.
    Like he doesn't inspire the bitterness he gets. We often scratched our head to the crap that was directed at Obama, but there is valid reasons why people detested him. Even Angela Merkel looks like she wanted to snap his neck at the G-7 meeting. And what was his shout out to Putin to be there?

I don't blame the republicans for their hypocrisy as well as the democrats for theirs. They are both a gang of politicians who answers only to power, influence and cold hard cash. It is funny to see the republicans choked back their core beliefs to ride the Trump train.

Disgusting lie by Trump

Well the war didn’t really end in 1953. Technically speaking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    ... and liberals are never hypocritical about anything.

But that tweet was stupid. Ingraham didn't even bother to find out WHY Obama was meeting with them.
    Liberals aren’t hypocrites at all.

....except when we rave about the need for diplomacy and then bash any republican who does it.

...and when we bash republicans for suppressing free speech but then attack comedians and ask for safe zones.

...and how we go on and on about the environment while consuming incredibly unsustainable products.

We’re all hypocrites to some degree. The nature of being human. Personally I find the big difference is that conservatives tend to act as if they’re not and liberals are more self deprecating and willing to admit to faults on the left.

Obviously I don’t mean everyone on each side and I think for the most part we have an open group here on psd. But there is a broad difference between the two sides. Any fault is weakness on the right and that can’t be admitted to so we see a lot of pivoting and blind tribalism. On the left there is a more critical take and now causing a deeper divide.

For instance, I’m very much progressive liberal in my personal beliefs. But I’m also aware that moving to the far left isn’t realistic for a country that is so split, so I try to keep my politics and voting more moderate. I don’t see views like that on the right. They are more “my way or the highway” in their views.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    He’s right so you’re correct he won’t pay. But part of me wants you to be right because I really want to see you go in court and try to enforce this bet. I can see you waving pages around with printouts of forum posts justifying the bet. It all just makes me chuckle.
    Rep. Steve King retweeted someone who was an admirer of Hitler.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/u...lett-nazi.html

Doesn't seem so far fetched now, does it?

Rep. Steve King retweeted someone who was an admirer of Hitler.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/u...lett-nazi.html

Doesn't seem so far fetched now, does it?
    My dog has a better understanding of reality than you do. You remind me of the 1970s version of Olive Oil.

I still accept your bet.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Trump is never going to invoke Hilter or Nazis in a positive way. Dbroncs don’t steal from the man. You strike me as a religious man and I know that theft is a sin.
    When a baby gives you it's candy, it's not stealing.

And that baby offered up his money on a silver platter.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Can I take that bet too, Wally?

Flat out saying he wants to command the same attention as a murderoua dictator and then joking about those murders is definitely a step in the right direction lol

Defend this Trumpers!

Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast