Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
Results 1,381 to 1,383 of 1383
    I would strongly consider adopting a one Korean principle and treat South Korea as the true Korean government. Any and all negotiations for anything related to Korea would solely go through them.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I know I can be simple about things, but I would treat N.Korea like any punk one had to deal with in high school. Ignore them, let them do as they please unless it affects me or mines. But I would be upfront and tell them, do something stupid and I will beat the hell out them and they best hope someone is there to get me off them. I would risk a war with China keeping that promise when N.Korea step out of line. If we don't take a hard line, then everyone will be punking us out.

These types of dictators can't be talked to. Constant threats don't work, so why do it?
    I think I agree with this.

being nice to Kim Jong Un hasn't really accomplished much. they shouldn't be expected to simply do the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

I don't think any of us have the answers, and the correct approach probably can't be articulated in a few sentences. I do, however, think that "risking a war with China to keep NK in line" is preposterous. I also think continuing to sanction them into the stone age is morally reprehensible and most likely ineffective. Hell, you could argue they've just emboldened Kim while really only making life harder for the poor and innocent civilians.

We've been at this impasse for longer than most of us have been alive. And for the duration of that time we've largely acted in the same manner. Maybe it's time to take a different approach. I know many South Korean progressives certainly argue that's the case, and even go so far as to say that we're the prime obstacle to progress in the Korea peace process. Kim and Moon had a very productive meeting in September last year -- historic even -- and things slowly fell apart. For a variety of reasons, for sure, but also undeniably because of our involvement and our relentless sanctions.

I don't know. I just slightly uneasy when Democrats start speaking like hawks when it comes to NK. Hawkishness hasn't worked thus far in NK, it rarely has worked for us anywhere post-WWII and I'm not sure why getting more threatening will magically change anything there. I could support "isolate them" a lot more if it meant we truly take our hands off. But I don't think that's what people mean.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293